RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've raced 12h of Sebring at SRC, and it was perfectly fine, but here I can't see anything past 150 meters. Headlight don't light up anything and I think that would be a big issue come on race day.
Can I ask what make is your monitor? I had the same issue whilst others hadn't. I tried some things that didn't work for me. The only thing I could think is the monitor mine is AOC

Absolutly nothing changed, nothing in the DX11 build, DX9 build, track or cars. :O_o:

View attachment 196862

View attachment 196863

View attachment 196864

Headlights off
View attachment 196865

Headlights on:
View attachment 196866
Has there been any developer response as to why the headlights are so dim? Does it only affect modded content, or is it affecting official content too?

As others have noted, the lights are okay once the sky is pitch black, but while there's sort of dusk conditions, it's incredibly difficult to see as the lights just have no effect.

Hopefully there can be some improvement before next weekend *fingers crossed*

Last edited:
is it affecting official content too?
There is definitely a problem with official content and headlights. :D
They are so bright they over-illuminate other cars.

20170615111351_1.jpg 20170615111242_1.jpg

Personally i don't have issues with the EnduroRacers head light intensity at dusk. Vision is limited but it's not pitch black on my monitors.
Maybe it's best to ask your team members, who has the least problems with driving at dusk. Real life teams do that too. If i was participating, i would take that stint for the team. :whistling:

Anyway, there are 16 day time hours, 7 hours at night and 2X30 min of dawn/dusk to ... Endure. :cool:

BTW: On race day, Moon light will be at its brightest. That's done intentionally... it might help a bit.
... DX9 screenshot :whistling:
20170616132555_1.jpg

hey all. I have a question regarding Dirext X. I was of the impression that I had DX9 installed as I haven't consciously updated my direct x. Occasionally I've had a crash out from rfactor 2 - saying something was wrong with the DX9...so I decided to install DX11. On testing, it seems I have Direct X 12 . Perhaps when I used the NVidia updater, it has done this for me. Would you guys recomment I moved to DX11 for the RD LMS? Is DX12 better or worse than DX11? I am so naive witht his but just want a trouble free experience and most efficient system use. thanks

hey all. I have a question regarding Dirext X. I was of the impression that I had DX9 installed as I haven't consciously updated my direct x. Occasionally I've had a crash out from rfactor 2 - saying something was wrong with the DX9...so I decided to install DX11. On testing, it seems I have Direct X 12 . Perhaps when I used the NVidia updater, it has done this for me. Would you guys recomment I moved to DX11 for the RD LMS? Is DX12 better or worse than DX11? I am so naive witht his but just want a trouble free experience and most efficient system use. thanks
Hey Andrew, DirectX 12 needs to implemented into the game's code in order to work. I don't know where you saw DirectX 12 identified as the working API but if you install DX11, it will run with that API and not DX 12. Depending on the series of Nvidia card you have, the Virtua_LM Le Mans track has issues when being ruin in DX9, hence why you've been getting some crashes lately. There are some flags you can enable in the Nvidia Inspector to mitigate these issues when running in DX9.

Hey Andrew, DirectX 12 needs to implemented into the game's code in order to work. I don't know where you saw DirectX 12 identified as the working API but if you install DX11, it will run with that API and not DX 12. Depending on the series of Nvidia card you have, the Virtua_LM Le Mans track has issues when being ruin in DX9, hence why you've been getting some crashes lately. There are some flags you can enable in the Nvidia Inspector to mitigate these issues when running in DX9.
I don't understand all the technical stuff lol
basically i ran dxdaig in the command prompt. in system info it says dx12. So if the dx12 only works if in the games code (i think it has some 3d facility for some games), and rfactor 2 doesn't use it..does it default to dx9 or something?

i will install dx11. i'm assuming it has better graphics but will my frame rate drop, increase or stay the same?
my card is only a gtx560ti.
thanks for the help christian

ps when i go on the internet to ask how to install dx11, it says:
DirectX versions and updates by Operating System
Windows 10 and Server 2016 Technical Preview
DirectX 11.3 and 12 are included with these Windows versions.
Updates will be available through Windows Update
. There is no stand-alone package for these versions of DirectX.

does that mean i should automatically have dx11 as the default to dx12?

one final thing..i just realised that i have rf2 set to "force 32 bit". if i moved to 64 bit, will the game struggle more and place more strain on my cpu? i have i7 but only gtx560ti and 4 gb of ram currently

does that mean i should automatically have dx11 as the default to dx12?

Yes, no need to install DirectX. It has been like this since 10 years. :D DX12 is the newest language for graphics cards and Windows10 exclusive. DX12 is not used that much by game devs for this reason.
But all downwards DX versions are compatible if your graphics card is DX12 ready.

All DX api's are in your windows10. So nothing to worry about that.

To opt in and opt-out a beta (DX11-open-beta) with steam:
https://www.studio-397.com/2017/05/open-beta-with-directx-11-and-virtual-reality-support/

Yes, no need to install DirectX. It has been like this since 10 years. :D DX12 is the newest language for graphics cards and Windows10 exclusive. DX12 is not used that much by game devs for this reason.
But all downwards DX versions are compatible if your graphics card is DX12 ready.

All DX api's are in your windows10. So nothing to worry about that.

To opt in and opt-out a beta (DX11-open-beta) with steam:
https://www.studio-397.com/2017/05/open-beta-with-directx-11-and-virtual-reality-support/
i haven't had a pc for 10 years tho and I just play games :)

thanks for the information @Gijs van Elderen . i feel a bit more at peace now

Personally I don't have problems to the extend that I can't keep race pace. But I can understand why some people have problems with exactly that, because at dusk, it is not easy to see, will brighter headlights help this? I do not think so. But at night, brighter headlights might help. Here, I still don't have any issue, but I do believe that the headlights are too weak. They only illuminate about 100m and in real life, I believe it's closer to 300m if I'm not wrong. That's for modern cars, but still. Wouldn't mind the headlights illuminating up to about 200m.

When that's said, I understand that organizers do not have the power to change this. That responsibility lies with the actual makers of the enduracers mod. But hopefully the organizers can persuade the creators to tweak this for the future.

As for over illumination, I believe it's the bloom effect of DX11 that's just way too over the top, in the current build. That's why I'm running with no post-processing effects. The lights are blinding, even from the rev-leds, and hopefully Studio397 will introduce something similar to Assetto Corsa with the post processing effects.

Those are my two cents :)

Cheers lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back