RD GP Championship 2017 II

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a reason I asked actually. There was a spinner blocking T1 at around the quarter of the race which couldn't be seen until you were mid-turn. I couldn't avoid that and lost my front wing in the process, having to crawl a full lap at near pit limiter speeds. That probably would have qualified then.

Just to add to the "2 of us, 30 of you" that Joseph were talking about, at that point one of us were busy looking at the T1 incident the lap before, and had just finished looking at that when we noticed that there was a new T1 situation.

Is there a chance for drivers to call in dangerous situations and help out with raising awareness? I mean like a quick chat button set up for a defined notification towards the stewards?

There is one way to do it, but I'll come back to that if it is a possibility of using things like that :)

However, the two VSC's this race were to test out the system, and to see if all drivers used the speed limiter, knew about the rules etc. And it was also to show that we actually will penalize during the race if drivers don't follow the VSC.

@alexSchmurtz

Noticed Mark Breslin entered as MK Simsport, but he's actually my teammate at TMF;)

Due to something else, I started from the back of the grid, 30th place. Nearly had to start without FFB, but thanks to the session re-start, I could rejoin to get it back.

I had moved up to 9th place to somewhere after the halfway mark, but sadly went off and lost my RW, thus finished 24th in the end.

Penalties Handed Out During The Race: Pre-Season:
penalties0race.jpg

Gotta say, I was fearing for the worst when I had the same crash twice :/ Dunno what this was about, haven't changed anything and AMS was running stable for months for me. If anyone has a hunch what it could be, pls let me know (attached the error message below).

Thx for waiting for me, race was very enjoyable :)

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 147
Gotta say, I was fearing for the worst when I had the same crash twice :/ Dunno what this was about, haven't changed anything and AMS was running stable for months for me. If anyone has a hunch what it could be, pls let me know (attached the error message below).

Thx for waiting for me, race was very enjoyable :)
Have you tried over at Reiza’s official forum?
By the way you where’re catching up on me on the last laps :)

RULES UPDATED
Some rules have been amended. Please read below the updated rules:

Amendments 1.2:

Full-course yellow. For this league, the full-course yellow will not be run through game, but instead will be a Virtual Safety Car (VSC). You will be warned by Race Control that a full course yellow is in effect. You will hear "Virtual Safety Car Starting. Slow down in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Virtual Safety Car Is Active" at which point you will need to activate your pit limiter. Any disputes about drivers slowing down in time should be reported to a race steward. Under the VSC period, no overtaking shall be permitted, except when a car has spun or is moving slowly due to potential damage. During this time pits shall remain open. In game, the race will remain green, due to technical reasons. You will then hear over the radio "5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Green Flag". Only when you hear green flag will you be allowed to turn off your pit limiter. Again, if there are any disputes about drivers speeding up before the green is called, should be reported to the race steward.​

The Virtual Safety Car countdown has been increased to 5 seconds (from 3). The restart period has also been increased to 5 seconds (from 3). We have also removed the announcement that was to be said 30 seconds before the end of the VSC due to us not knowing when we will clear the VSC until around 10 seconds before it is in fact cleared.

Drivers not completing 75% of the race distance will score no points - except bonus points.​

The allowable race distance for drivers to be classified for points has been decreased to 75% (from 90%).

@Joseph Wright
Please could you clarify for me amendment 1.2 where you state upon calling "VSC is active" the pit limiter must be on.
Does this mean we don't have to brake hard to get down to pit limiter SPEED, just apply the limited and this will slow the car?
Because I was braking to get to the limiter speed in the practice race and that may have caused incidents if someone was behind and just applied the limiter.
Cheers

@Joseph Wright
Please could you clarify for me amendment 1.2 where you state upon calling "VSC is active" the pit limiter must be on.
Does this mean we don't have to brake hard to get down to pit limiter SPEED, just apply the limited and this will slow the car?
Because I was braking to get to the limiter speed in the practice race and that may have caused incidents if someone was behind and just applied the limiter.
Cheers
You need to be at pit limiter speed by the end of the countdown. How you get there is up to you. Although it may be adjusted with this information. I will think about it and will let you know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.2%
  • Full game

Votes: 177 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 122 17.5%