RD GP Championship 2017 II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really enjoyed tonight last few days been a mess with my pc braking on me but special thanks to @Luke Russe11 for lending me his gaming laptop :)

Qualy went bad wasn't happy with the car handling maybe due to setup up not being right damn you broken pc haha so think started 9th?

Race start cautiously didn't want to get in any accidents was having fun fight through the field managed to get up to p5 and having a great battle with @Matt88 managed to jump him in the pitstop be he was always close to me I spun pushing to hard allowing matt through then he spun a few laps later bringing us close again then race went down hill drive thru penalty and then a engine blow up so that suck a lot maybe a podium was possible who knows I look forward to getting my pc back and pushing hard for the next race also well done to my team mate @Dan ONeill on finishing 4th

See you guys at the next one

Completely forgot this after Interlagos but I saw people getting penalties for exceeding allocated laps in qualy. But I cannot find where that limit is stated or that there even is one.

That was a fantastic first race at RDGPC!!:D Huge Thnx to the orginasation, and to the Tech-3 team for setting up the car, as it drove exceptionaly well!!..I think I did well as a 1st season rookie at Tech-3, managing 15th place..;)

Very well balanced setup I must say, managing keeping up a good and consistant pace, so I could drive the tyres to its very limits.. Managed to keep 12% of the tyres left, as we were on a 1 stop strategie..Fortunately, the cornering grip of the car was phenomanal(thnx Carlos!) :thumbsup:

unfortunately the car still needs some tweaking at the performance:thumbsdown:, and I hope we can improve the peformance for next saison, so we can draw the attention of larger sponsors, as the race is broadcasted live:rolleyes:..It's a though world to as it coms to be fast, at the front of the pack..

We're still in the first steps to compete with the more astablished teams with the fancy sponsors and liveries on the car:O_o:, wich looks very good on Youtube of coarse ;) ..would be a dream come true to have the budged to klimb up into the top 10..But with the right software it's easy to detect wich are the better teams, and so we can learn and duplicate , because we'd like to be in their mirrors next year..:)

So without this Inflated opinion about ourselfs, think we could use a inflated turbo-booster :p lol..Hope the devellopment-team at Tech-3 Motorsport can diliver a huge leap foreward at the car for next year, but, considering the reasenable new comming Tech-3 Team drivers line-up and sponsors..Pretty darn good!! Gratz! :thumbsup:

Appologies to Theo for that technical issue on the car..seems like the anker dangeled out, creating some unwanted drag at the cars software:rolleyes:..we'll fix that asap..

Secial thnx to our team- principal Joseph Wright, and to the rest of the team for keeping up appearences..this venue wouldn't be possible without you..stunning performence!! Thx!:D
All in all a really enyojable race, And last, but not least, Gratz to the Winners!!:whistling:.. see ya'all at the 2nd round..

Yours sincerely, Jeremy Mook (1st season Rookie at RDGPC)

Bye! ;)

Last edited:
That was a fantastic first race at RDGPC!!:D Huge Thnx to the orginasation, and to the Tech-3 team for setting up the car, as it drove exceptionaly well!!..I think I did well as a 1st season rookie at Tech-3, managing 15th place..;)

Very well balanced setup I must say, managing keeping up a good and consistant pace, so I could drive the tyres to its very limits.. Managed to keep 12% of the tyres left, as we were on a 1 stop strategie..Fortunately, the cornering grip of the car was phenomanal(thnx Carlos!) :thumbsup:

unfortunately the car still needs some tweaking at the performance:thumbsdown:, and I hope we can improve the peformance for next saison, so we can draw the attention of larger sponsors, as the race is broadcasted live:rolleyes:..It's a though world to as it coms to be fast, at the front of the pack..

We're still in the first steps to compete with the more astablished teams with the fancy sponsors and liveries on the car:O_o:, wich looks very good on Youtube of coarse ;) ..would be a dream come true to have the budged to klimb up into the top 10..But with the right software it's easy to detect wich are the better teams, and so we can learn and duplicate , because we'd like to be in their mirrors next year..:)

So without this Inflated opinion about ourselfs, think we could use a inflated turbo-booster :p lol..Hope the devellopment-team at Tech-3 Motorsport can diliver a huge leap foreward at the car for next year, but, considering the reasenable new comming Tech-3 Team drivers line-up and sponsors..Pretty darn good!! Gratz! :thumbsup:

Appologies to Theo for that technical issue on the car..seems like the anker dangeled out, creating some unwanted drag at the cars software:rolleyes:..we'll fix that asap..

Secial thnx to our team- principal Joseph Wright, and to the rest of the team for keeping up appearences..this venue wouldn't be possible without you..stunning performence!! Thx!:D
All in all a really enyojable race, And last, but not least, Gratz to the Winners!!:whistling:.. see ya'all at the 2nd round..

Yours sincerely, Jeremy Mook (1st season Rookie at RDGPC)

Bye! ;)

dont know what is wrong with me or my setup.
Couldn't get a decent lap in practice or qualify.. :(
I resigned from the race after my car coulnd't produce any top speed anymore (-40 km) :devilish:
Here my (20 laps) report.

EDIT: day after the race i found out that my breakpedal was not fully released after a hard break, avoiding mr le Gallez.
It got stucked at 20% breaking, that explains the lack of top speed .. grrrrrr again!

Watch in HD and still hope you "like" it

Last edited:
Completely forgot this after Interlagos but I saw people getting penalties for exceeding allocated laps in qualy. But I cannot find where that limit is stated or that there even is one.

Racing League Regulation 6.1

When a driver takes a shorter, off-track, route through a corner, the move is considered as cutting. Cutting is forbidden at all times. When a driver is reported cutting he risks a penalty. When a driver takes a longer, off-track, route, around the corner, it is also considered cutting.

Really enjoyed the race tonight, was a long one though and my new seat isn't as comfortable as my old one...
Only had one unfortunate incident with someone's lag but after that I just got my head down and drove without making mistakes.
Unlucky Craig with your mechanical failure, would have been close I reckon...
Congrats to the podium, out of reach today

hello to all and congratulations to everyone and to the podium; after qualifying average, my main goal was to make a top 10, which is the case, but I'm not sure that the strategy of 3 stops was the good ....... pity my teammate jean pierre pere is penalized with 10 places at the start, we lose some points, but it is the regulation .... thanks to christian zoerner who made his position after overtaking me under safety car. I appreciated the professionalism of the organizers and the fair play of the drivers. go to Goinia with great pleasure! cordially

Wow. Not impressed. I thought I had served the penalty but I got DQ'd. Why do we have a Auto DQ system? Abslutely ruined it even though I took the penalty.

And for the reasons I got the penalty? Now I will hold my hand straight up and lift well off, If I ever make a gain. At no point in that race did I intentionally run wide and I never once cut turn 1.

Yes I ran wide but not by very much at all. And on the occasions that I did run wide I got back on track as soon as I could and lifted off. This must have been only a few times at different points and running that wide never gains you an advantage due ot the turf and curbing. When people ran wide in front of me, that gave me opportunity to overtake (When I didn't run wide anyways).

But it seems the fast right hander into the stadium was ignored, despite this being where most of the "exceeding track limits" incidents took place.

But the worst part of it all. The Safety Car. I was so angry that a safety car was bought out for NO reason. Deal with it properly in the future. You don't see that happening in any other racing series, real or virtual, in the world and is one of the most ridiculous moments I have ever experienced whilst Sim Racing.

Before this I was focused and in my zone, adrenaline pumping and without warning I am getting shouted at about track limits also before the safety car. STOP THIS!!! You are ruining the competition by doing such acts.

But to top it all off I got DQ'd. Why are we not following RDLMS lead? because not once has there been issues of this severity in an event.

This has got off to a worse start that Season 6 (somehow).

Please DO NOT use Teamspeak to shout down the mic for track limits ever again or just to voice your opinion.

It astounds me that was thought of, as an appropriate action!
Spot on Matthew.

Right, after a bit of sleep, I am still very disappointed about my disconnect. Never had a disconnect in 1.5 years of running AMS, and yesterday I had two. One in qualy (which didn't help as I was nervous anyways, seeing as this was my first proper league race in almost 10 years and by far the most "important" ever) and one after half of the race.
Was almost one second off my pb in qualy, so was further down the grid as I hoped after logging hundreds of practice laps. I never got into a rhythm and was extra cautios not to exceed track limits (never took T1 and going into the Motodrom properly), so my laptimes weren't the best either. Still, I thought with retirements and some penalties handed out, I could make it into the Top 10 easily, which I think was on the table in the end. Tero finished 6th and I was ahead of him when I disco'ed, so go figure.

Had some nice, clean battles and only made contact once ;) When the VSC was called, @ASTE/ Gorace was on the limiter veeeery early (dunno if he didn't catch the briefing... btw, @Joseph Wright, shouldn't there be a forums post when the rules change?). Anyways, there was some confusion at that moment, and me deciding to give the place back under VSC surely didn't help. Slowed down, but so did the guys behind me :D Maybe allow chat for important stuff like that under VSC? Decided to give the spot back after T1 under green, with the result of me absolutely getting mugged going into the hairpin by @Tom Watts and @Dan ONeill. After going 3-wide into the corner, we made a bit of contact, but nothing major I hope. As I said, that was the only time things got a bit tricky.

Anyways, still not really motivated to put in the hours for the next race, hope the motivation comes back in the following days, especially since I think that Hockenheim suited me best. Dread to think about the Adelaide race :S

Also: Jeez, if I did finish, I could report most of you for exceeding track limits. Not saying I didn't exceed them aswell once or twice (maybe even 3 times in 30 laps ;)), but some of you did that almost every single lap. But I won't, as snitches get stitches :p

Last edited:
Round 1 Qualifying Results
1_qualy.jpg

Round 1 Race Results
1_race.jpg

Last edited:
Never had a disconnect in 1.5 years of running AMS, and yesterday I had two.
I had 4 freezes last night, one right after my first lap in qualy. Been racing here for years, did several championships as well, but with the RDGPC servers this seems to be a broad issue. I'm even concerned that it's something on the server side, as the number of freezes/disconnects around the field is hitting a top I've never seen here. Don't know if it's related to the skinpack or some server conflict, but I hope @Joseph Wright and the team can do some magic in the coming month.

Edit: This was also a widespread issue in the preseason race.

Edit #2: There are some non-standard skins for several teams that might have to do with the problems. Like x2-x4 the normal resolution, stretching the 32bit memory limits. Pit box designs also take up valuable memory and should probably be ditched from the pack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card