RD GP Championship 2017 II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was mentioned in Wednesdays club race that set-ups saved when using the League F3s did not show up for the default F3s and vice-versa.

This is caused by the League skinpack having it's own series file and class identifier.

To get an exsisting F3 set-up to show up when racing in the League skins you'll need to find your saved setup first.

This usually is found in documents>USERDATA>(Your name)>settings>(location)

Make a copy of the exsisting file.

Open using a text editor like notepad and edit the first line to read

VehicleClassSetting="RDGPCS6"

and save.

Your setup should now show up and be available to load.

RDGPC_S6_spotter_guide_r0.jpg

@Joseph Wright, Can you please elaborate on the situations where a VSC is deployed? Is it a matter of an accident being noticed, or are there any specific scenarios that trigger it? Cheers

VSC countdown needs to be at least 5 seconds. It's not always possible to slow down safely within just 3 seconds.
You have more than enough time with me announcing the VSC before the countdown

@Joseph Wright, Can you please elaborate on the situations where a VSC is deployed? Is it a matter of an accident being noticed, or are there any specific scenarios that trigger it? Cheers
It will only be called if there is an incident that involves a number of cars and/or in a dangerous location on circuit.

It was called twice tonight for testing reasons only.

It will only be called if there is an incident that involves a number of cars and/or in a dangerous location on circuit.
There's a reason I asked actually. There was a spinner blocking T1 at around the quarter of the race which couldn't be seen until you were mid-turn. I couldn't avoid that and lost my front wing in the process, having to crawl a full lap at near pit limiter speeds. That probably would have qualified then.

There's a reason I asked actually. There was a spinner blocking T1 at around the quarter of the race which couldn't be seen until you were mid-turn. I couldn't avoid that and lost my front wing in the process, having to crawl a full lap at near pit limiter speeds. That probably would have qualified then.
You are right. But there are only 2 of us and 30 of you ;) We tried our hardest. :notworthy:

You are right. But there are only 2 of us and 30 of you ;) We tried our hardest. :notworthy:
Is there a chance for drivers to call in dangerous situations and help out with raising awareness? I mean like a quick chat button set up for a defined notification towards the stewards?

You have more than enough time with me announcing the VSC before the countdown
Dude, there isn't a real life series that use a 3 second countdown. I understand it needs to be deployed as soon as there is an issue, but it needs to not cause issues as well. As soon as it is announced you can try banning overtaking and then start an at least 10 seconds countdown. Ideally it is 10 seconds including announcement in and countdown.

I hope it isn't changed in RDLMS to 3 seconds as well. That is almost a full braking as soon as it is announced when at full speeds.

So, my thoughts on the test race: With only a small amount of testing, and no real prior online or competitive experience with Automobilista, I was really pleased with my personal performance. Qualifying was good, I goofed up a little, but the car felt strong and was almost 'there'. Race start procedure went great, personally preferred this to last seasons with the IndyCar, as a standing start makes more sense IMO especially with these cars. The majority of the running was clean, although I do feel that some people don't look in their mirrors enough, and/or rely on the spotter to tell them if they are clear when they are not. I not only witnessed these kinds of accidents on more than one occasion, but was also involved in one myself.

I do apologise for the tap in the rear which I gave someone towards the end of the lap before the 1st VSC, traction on the rears seem to be a big issue in these cars, and couldn't help getting a better run out of one of the hairpins and ended up tapping you round (I don't know exactly who it was).

Went for a 1 stopper, just to try the strategy, and really enjoyed carving my way through the field towards the second half of the race. VSC calls are a little short, however I do feel people need to be a little more wary, especially when following another car, that they may slam on the anchors at a given point, I do feel like some common ground needs to be found between us all to either agree on a longer time, or to not slam on the brakes as soon as it's called, as to cause an accident especially if someone is following closely.

Had a great battle with my teammate @Matt88 towards the end, and couldn't believe when the race was ended, it went so quick. Had a blast - thanks @Joseph Wright feels a lot better prepared than last season already! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 127 27.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 108 23.7%
  • CPU

Votes: 55 12.1%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 83 18.2%