[RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements

Apps [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements v1.1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, I know I already asked this, but has anyone figured out a fix for the settings and debug app to just not show anything. The newest updates haven't fixed it at all.
Check the lua debug app and see what it says.
The main reason this occurs, is due to improper installation.
Please follow the installation guide.

@Schmawlik
Bug report : when the race starts with an already wet track, at lap 3 the drs is enabled banner still appears , and in debugging it says wet track , but also the drs works . the audio doesnt play tho .
here's a video showcasing the issue :

Nice new image btw

It's due to the track files being altered, the new version of RARE will prevent this mismatch from happening. However, to fix the issue for now, you need to revert the surfaces.ini file to the _surfaces.ini file
Thank you for the reply :)
So installing the latest version I should be able to join every server, is it correct?

@Schmawlik
Bug report : when the race starts with an already wet track, at lap 3 the drs is enabled banner still appears , and in debugging it says wet track , but also the drs works . the audio doesnt play tho .
here's a video showcasing the issue :

Nice new image btw
Thanks for the bug report, I'll see if I can get this fixed quickly.

And thanks, this pfp and background are what I use everywhere, just finally got to updating it on RD!

I've just updated to below version and this is all I get in the settings. Ive followed the steps in the installation guide but no luck. I've also gone in and deleted all of the rare folders and reinstalled. Any suggestions?
Screenshot 2023-04-14 170543.png

Check the lua debug app and see what it says.
The main reason this occurs, is due to improper installation.
Please follow the installation guide.
Yeah it was the way I was installing. Another thing though. I was just browsing through the code and saw some for a vsc. I was wondering if there was a way to activate it and test it out. If you don't want anyone doing that yet/it's not in working condition then it's fine.

Yeah it was the way I was installing. Another thing though. I was just browsing through the code and saw some for a vsc. I was wondering if there was a way to activate it and test it out. If you don't want anyone doing that yet/it's not in working condition then it's fine.
Yeah, it would not work at all even if you tried. I’ll get to VSC in the coming months.

Hello, sorry to bother you. Can you do a specified tutorial on how to install the mods, I just don´t understand where to put the file that i downloaded.
Thanks.
When you are in the menu for setting up your car, the RARE menu also has the extra tabs available. Leaving a poor review for a preview version, certainly is not the way to get my attention. I can just not update this mod at all.

It's due to the track files being altered, the new version of RARE will prevent this mismatch from happening. However, to fix the issue for now, you need to revert the surfaces.ini file to the _surfaces.ini file
I've updated to the latest version and I can't still join a server. Also, I can't find the _surfaces.ini file

I've updated to the latest version and I can't still join a server. Also, I can't find the _surfaces.ini file
After updating , could be that the last time u played on the original layout it had rare injected maybe . I just verified game files on steam to make sure my tracks were fine . I suggest u do the same .

But i could be wrong i m not 100% sure on how the injection works , if it s in the track or somewhere else . I recall before on earlier versions to be able to play online we had to revert the injection through the app . Maybe we should ve done that to the tracks before updating to newer version . But still , a verify game files integrity through steam should solve any checksum issues for kunos tracks .

Take the advice with a pinch of salt ofc as i m not the developer of the app and might be understanding this in a wrong way .

Try the one before 1.1.4.0 .

@Schmawlik is it possible to disable the app from content manager ? When i want to race online or not use the app , i currently have to open a rare layout , disable the app then other the non rare track . If we could disable from CM it would be alot easier . Not mandatory tho , just a very minor inconvenience.

Schmawlik updated [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements with a new update entry:

v1.1.5.0 Release

Here's a non preview update for the first time in a while.
I believe I will release fewer update since some people on RD don't quite understand what a "preview" is, so I will resort to hosting testing builds only on Github.

RARE requires track physics access, which is only possible if the surfaces.ini file is modified. So in order to prevent users from having checksum mismatches while trying to play online, I have created a new system that does not alter the existing layouts for tracks...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Back