[RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements

Apps [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements v1.1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
The layout creation is necessary for pretty much all of the features in RARE. Previously I would just edit the track files, but this led to people not being able to join online due to checksum errors. So the fix was to provide an isolated environment for RARE to exist, and allow people to have offline and online play options available at the same time.
I updated the mod and this started happening . I like the newer version well done. Got a question tho , is the layout creation supposed to happen everytime ? I raced on. Atrack and it happened but when i wanted to race on it again i didnt see a layout with the FIA logo on it so i just restarted on the normal track and it did create the rare layout again on itself so everytime i race it creates the layout again . Is it creating multiple copier everytime i race ? Will i have 10 TB folder in no time ? Lol

Why would they leave the pit after teleporting to the pits?
It's a setting in csp, new ai behaviour, has options like "go to pits if too much damage and also "return to race" which i kinda depend on so the majority of the field doesn't DNF after long endurance races.

I circled the setting in screenshot that RARE interferes with

Attachments

• 126ca5236064d281afb51617c636385c.png
    126ca5236064d281afb51617c636385c.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
I've copied the files into the AC folder but the rare tab doesn't show up in race setup. In game, the rare tabs such as debug and settings show up in the sidebar but they don't have any text when pressed. What have I done wrong?

Got a question tho , is the layout creation supposed to happen everytime ? I raced on. Atrack and it happened but when i wanted to race on it again i didnt see a layout with the FIA logo on it so i just restarted on the normal track and it did create the rare layout again on itself so everytime i race it creates the layout again . Is it creating multiple copier everytime i race ? Will i have 10 TB folder in no time ?

I fully agree with this one. I love this mod and i really appreciate the work behind it but with this preview, i kinda agree with the new layout thingy.. tho the ones who already tried the previous preview will get sacrificed by having their surfaces.ini messed up and couldn't play online anymore unless we reinstall the whole track/extension.. anyway, my one and only advice are to add a toggle to turn that feature off or just simply bring back the "miscellanious" section of RARE. Thus allowing us to revert the tracks/extensions that have already injected by RARE.

did some more testing and looked into the debug it's strange,once they teleport to pit the ai fuel goes to 1,however disabling pitting for TYRES stops them from being stuck and fills their tank back to what it was rather than disabling pitting for fuel...real strange

did some more testing and looked into the debug it's strange,once they teleport to pit the ai fuel goes to 1,however disabling pitting for TYRES stops them from being stuck and fills their tank back to what it was rather than disabling pitting for fuel...real strange
try playinng with fuel usage set to 0, i play like that to avoid problems with ai stuck because of no fuel , temporary solution but works well for me .
( make sure u have the same amoutn of fuel as ai tho as u d be alot faster if u have less )

Update : so far i ve gotten to a point very lose to a perfect f1 race with ur mod . The ai pitting works great, thy ll also pit for wet tyres/dry tyres when weather changes.

There is only one problem remaining to solve tho haha. I posted about it in the AC forum but i thaught maybe u d have an idea since u managed to tweak ai pitting settings.

When ai pit , lets say for wet tyres, they all pit kind of at the same time , even with the add on variability set to max when they pit for new tires u kind of always find a group of 5 to 7 cars at least pitting at the same lap .

When alot of cars pit at the same time the problem is that they dont leave in the same order they came in. Instead they wait for each other in the pits.
So it doesnt matter who came in the pits and finished theie pit stop first, they will wait for everyone behind them to leave before they can leave. So if they race leader pitted first but their pit position was at the front . They will wait for everyone behind them to leave the pit lane before them which will cause them to leave pit lane last .

I m assuming that they wait for cars behind them so they dont cause collisions or something but it still doesnt make sense cause as far as i know they can go through each other in the pit lane and not collide no ?

Thanks for the great update! After testing, I can note that all problems with pit stops have disappeared. Question: Do I understand correctly that now we cannot control a specific AI for a pit stop (send it to change tires on this lap?)

deleting the app for now until you add the toggle to turn them on and off (/revert) like the good old days. i love the implementation of creating a new layouts every track so that we can play online with it (tho it doesn't work in some tracks and just ended up giving me warning/error in it). but i think the revert button is still necessary in any way. firstly for them non-F1 track or non-"race-track" to not unnecessarily create a new layout every time we want to play offline. secondly for us (old players) to revert the track that has already been injected by RARE in the old version to revert them so that we don't need to reinstall like hundreds of tracks just because of it. i don't really think the deletion of that "miscellaneous" section in RARE is that necessary at all, but hey don't get me wrong guys. i love you guys' mods it's a whole game-changer. looking forward on the addition of formation lap, safety car, and the "revert" button, also the bug fixes!

deleting the app for now until you add the toggle to turn them on and off (/revert) like the good old days. i love the implementation of creating a new layouts every track so that we can play online with it (tho it doesn't work in some tracks and just ended up giving me warning/error in it). but i think the revert button is still necessary in any way. firstly for them non-F1 track or non-"race-track" to not unnecessarily create a new layout every time we want to play offline. secondly for us (old players) to revert the track that has already been injected by RARE in the old version to revert them so that we don't need to reinstall like hundreds of tracks just because of it. i don't really think the deletion of that "miscellaneous" section in RARE is that necessary at all, but hey don't get me wrong guys. i love you guys' mods it's a whole game-changer. looking forward on the addition of formation lap, safety car, and the "revert" button, also the bug fixes!
I will not be adding the revert feature back to RARE, if you would like to keep using older versions of RARE, you are welxome to do so, but moving forward new track layout is necessary.

Update : so far i ve gotten to a point very lose to a perfect f1 race with ur mod . The ai pitting works great, thy ll also pit for wet tyres/dry tyres when weather changes.

There is only one problem remaining to solve tho haha. I posted about it in the AC forum but i thaught maybe u d have an idea since u managed to tweak ai pitting settings.

When ai pit , lets say for wet tyres, they all pit kind of at the same time , even with the add on variability set to max when they pit for new tires u kind of always find a group of 5 to 7 cars at least pitting at the same lap .

When alot of cars pit at the same time the problem is that they dont leave in the same order they came in. Instead they wait for each other in the pits.
So it doesnt matter who came in the pits and finished theie pit stop first, they will wait for everyone behind them to leave before they can leave. So if they race leader pitted first but their pit position was at the front . They will wait for everyone behind them to leave the pit lane before them which will cause them to leave pit lane last .

I m assuming that they wait for cars behind them so they dont cause collisions or something but it still doesnt make sense cause as far as i know they can go through each other in the pit lane and not collide no ?
I myself, don’t actually control when AI pit for wet tyres. That is all controlled by CSP.

I will not be adding the revert feature back to RARE, if you would like to keep using older versions of RARE, you are welxome to do so, but moving forward new track layout is necessary.
woah i'm not trying to make you upset mate, i love your mods! but do you have any idea on how to stop the app for rebooting on some track?? thanks in advance!

woah i'm not trying to make you upset mate, i love your mods! but do you have any idea on how to stop the app for rebooting on some track?? thanks in advance!
I am in no way upset, I am simply informing you of the direction of the app.

Can you give me more information regarding the reboots, that isn't a lot to work from.

I have not stated this as a feature.
Yeah, i know it wasn't a feature, sorry to bother, but in the previous versions there was a button in the Game tab of RARE Settings In-Game App (Force Focused AI to pit now) to do it (i've used it mostly in quali sessions to break ai train when faster car couldn't overtake slowpacer)
if this button breaks the logic of AI pitstops and creates errors, then it's better to have normal pitstops like now (in latest version), just wanted to ask a yes/no question about this button.

I myself, don’t actually control when AI pit for wet tyres. That is all controlled by CSP.
I know i know i only used that as an example to show what i mean , it happens also when they pit for tires or fuel or anything really , i was just asking if u had any idea if there s a fix for this. Maybe we can force ai to leave pits as soon as they finish changing tires without waiting for the cars behind to leave the pit lane first.

Kind of a suggestion tbh . I ll post a video explaining the behaviour when i can using the pit for tyres from your mod

I know i know i only used that as an example to show what i mean , it happens also when they pit for tires or fuel or anything really , i was just asking if u had any idea if there s a fix for this. Maybe we can force ai to leave pits as soon as they finish changing tires without waiting for the cars behind to leave the pit lane first.

Kind of a suggestion tbh . I ll post a video explaining the behaviour when i can using the pit for tyres from your mod
I've seen and observed the behavior, there isn't anything I can do at the moment to resolve this.

Latest News

Back