[RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements

Apps [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements v1.1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Sorry for the question that has been here before, but I followed all and still I can't get it to work.....
It's about the Alfa Romeo C43 that says Rare has to be installed for the display to work.
I did everything, extended physics, global, "extended-2" in the car.ini file, repacked, kept it unpacked, tried 1001 combinations of these things: it does say extended physics is on, Rare is on, but no display. (Also: don't see the tyre colours changing with compound, but okay)

The DRS rule seems to work okay?

Am I missing something?
I have no idea what Alfa Romeo C43 you are talking about.

You have to configure the tyre color changing on a car-car basis.

Schmawlik updated [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements with a new update entry:

v1.1.4.0.preview6 Release

PLEASE DELETE OLD RARE FOLDER FROM THE LUA APP DIRECTORY
/assettocorsa/apps/lua/RARE

DO NOT REVIEW THIS APP BASED ON PREVIEW VERSIONS...

This is a preview version for the upcoming v1.2.0.0 release that is waiting on the public release of CSP v1.80. There are feature that will work with preview versions of CSP v1.80, that will not work with CSP v1.79.

I expect there to be some issues that need to be worked through, so be warned.

Features and Fixes (CSP...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have no idea what Alfa Romeo C43 you are talking about.

You have to configure the tyre color changing on a car-car basis.
Thank you for your reply mate!

You know what? I can't find the car either! I thought I'd look it up, but nowhere........got it from a friend a while back: I have no clue as to where he got it.

Anyway: the wheels is not a problem, just something I noticed when I was trying to see if more things worked or not.
There is a "dash.lua" file and a helper file for that in the mod.......

I was hoping you or someone else had experienced something similar and had some tips for me.
No worries, I'll look some more what I can make of it, thanks again mate!

Thank you for your reply mate!

You know what? I can't find the car either! I thought I'd look it up, but nowhere........got it from a friend a while back: I have no clue as to where he got it.

Anyway: the wheels is not a problem, just something I noticed when I was trying to see if more things worked or not.
There is a "dash.lua" file and a helper file for that in the mod.......

I was hoping you or someone else had experienced something similar and had some tips for me.
No worries, I'll look some more what I can make of it, thanks again mate!
It's probably a scriptable display that someone ripped from my version and had a go at making their own.

Have you tried the latest RARE version I published today to see if you are still having issues?

It's probably a scriptable display that someone ripped from my version and had a go at making their own.

Have you tried the latest RARE version I published today to see if you are still having issues?
Ehmmm....whoops, sorry if that is the case mate!! I don't know.
I just saw the newer version, will try that asap, thank you!

You were right!
Sorry mate, I just learned it's your display and when I thought to go for the real thing: then I saw the wheel was the same.........so I deleted the mod, the Rare files completely, reinstalled (now the newest Rare) and took the RSS 2022. Your displayed in there.....

Crap! Same thing! Just two times two vertical bars in the display.

Now I did the "extended......Global" thing, have CSP 1.79, but lately messed around with Sol 2.4 and Pure (latest).
There should be some obvious setting in there that is pulling my chain, right?
I followed everything to the letter, even the "extended-2" thing in the car.ini and repacked it, threw out the data folder and so on.
All things green except for "Kunos Car" of course, but Rare is on, extended physics is on.......

You were right!
Sorry mate, I just learned it's your display and when I thought to go for the real thing: then I saw the wheel was the same.........so I deleted the mod, the Rare files completely, reinstalled (now the newest Rare) and took the RSS 2022. Your displayed in there.....

Crap! Same thing! Just two times two vertical bars in the display.

Now I did the "extended......Global" thing, have CSP 1.79, but lately messed around with Sol 2.4 and Pure (latest).
There should be some obvious setting in there that is pulling my chain, right?
I followed everything to the letter, even the "extended-2" thing in the car.ini and repacked it, threw out the data folder and so on.
All things green except for "Kunos Car" of course, but Rare is on, extended physics is on.......
What mod is causing you the issue, and if it isn't an issue with RARE directly, then move this conversation off of this discussion board. Thanks.

What mod is causing you the issue, and if it isn't an issue with RARE directly, then move this conversation off of this discussion board. Thanks.
Mate, I'm really NOT trying to make you upset! Believe me.
I was asking for help and if found; others would be helped in the future too, right?
The mod is RSS F1 2022 (s) (The other, you were right, wasn't all that legal: I threw it out)
The problem is found and it is NOT Rare related.
CM/settings/CSP/......CAR INSTRUMENTS......... Tick that "ON" :)

Sorry again mate: the display mod as well as the Rare app: AWESOME!!
They were NOT at fault.
And may I add: seeing the screen light up in VR with the brake balance or other messages, like irl.......that is SO F.....ing good!

Thanks for al your hard work mate!!

Mate, I'm really NOT trying to make you upset! Believe me.
I was asking for help and if found; others would be helped in the future too, right?
The mod is RSS F1 2022 (s) (The other, you were right, wasn't all that legal: I threw it out)
The problem is found and it is NOT Rare related.
CM/settings/CSP/......CAR INSTRUMENTS......... Tick that "ON" :)

Sorry again mate: the display mod as well as the Rare app: AWESOME!!
They were NOT at fault.
And may I add: seeing the screen light up in VR with the brake balance or other messages, like irl.......that is SO F.....ing good!

Thanks for al your hard work mate!!
I'm not upset, I'm just trying to avoid having off topic discussions on the wrong mod discussion board, that is all :)

I'm glad you got it figured out.

Loving the work so far. Its getting better and better.
Quick question. I've managed to customise which tyre compounds I can limit per race and managed to add and edit tyre_compounds to add some cars that were not in the default list (SDD gp 2023 and SP mod 2023 cars). I'm still not able to force the AI to pit for tyres though. Running a mixture of AI cars (RSS, VRC, SDD and SP Mod) but none choose to. 20 lap race around melbourne22 with tyre change set to 45%. My tyres (softs) wear down to less than 10% by lap 12 or so). Played with a few variables but none pit. Any tricks to this at the moment?
Another question regarding AI cars. I'm assuming there is no way to interact with the Rare Debug part of the app in game or elsewhere? Even in pits or before race there doesn't appear to be any interaction with it.

Keep up the fantastic work!

Loving the work so far. Its getting better and better.
Quick question. I've managed to customise which tyre compounds I can limit per race and managed to add and edit tyre_compounds to add some cars that were not in the default list (SDD gp 2023 and SP mod 2023 cars). I'm still not able to force the AI to pit for tyres though. Running a mixture of AI cars (RSS, VRC, SDD and SP Mod) but none choose to. 20 lap race around melbourne22 with tyre change set to 45%. My tyres (softs) wear down to less than 10% by lap 12 or so). Played with a few variables but none pit. Any tricks to this at the moment?
Another question regarding AI cars. I'm assuming there is no way to interact with the Rare Debug part of the app in game or elsewhere? Even in pits or before race there doesn't appear to be any interaction with it.

Keep up the fantastic work!
Hey, I would recommend raising the tyre change level to higher than 60%, especially for a short 20 lap race. I would try 85% or so.

Not sure what you mean by the last part.

Im using the patreon version 1.80 prev115. Is there another prev133 because I cant find that anywhere? I downloaded this new updated using prev115 and the AI fuel wont go burn down and when they do pit, the only pit to the Soft Compounds and never mix up compounds.

Hello everyone,

I've tested the app a little and I'm thrilled. however i have a few questions. Is there the possibility of scripting or editing that pretends the length of the route of the AI? I drive 10 laps on all routes, no matter how long the route is. I want the AI to stop 1× in the 10 rounds. i played with the % of the tires, but i can't do it because the ai stop 3 or 4 of them twice with 20 drivers. if I lower the variable, everyone goes into the box at the same time. maybe someone has tips or tricks. Thanks very much and sorry for my bad english

Hi, maybe anyone can help me:

Version v1.1.4.0 doesn't work for me. I don't see the ON switch, nor the AI, UI, or MISC tabs. Only RULES and audio are visible to me.
Version v1.0.6.2 always ran flawlessly. I followed all installation instructions correctly, in my opinion. :/

Hi, maybe anyone can help me:

Version v1.1.4.0 doesn't work for me. I don't see the ON switch, nor the AI, UI, or MISC tabs. Only RULES and audio are visible to me.
Version v1.0.6.2 always ran flawlessly. I followed all installation instructions correctly, in my opinion. :/
Can you check if there are any errors in the Lua Debug app on the RARE tab?

Can you check if there are any errors in the Lua Debug app on the RARE tab?
I have the same issue and the problem is that RARE doesn't show up on the LUA Debeg app. I'll install it just like normal (deleting the old files and putting the new ones directly into the lua folder) but nothing happens. It's like lua debug doesn't recognize rare as an app.

@Schmawlik Awesome app. This and your other contributions are true game changers.

Apologies if this has been suggested before, lots of pages and no search function within the thread. I know this is intended to be F1-centric, but in case you have other series on the roadmap:

WEC, IMSA, Indycar, etc. all use rolling starts. Could a rolling start feature be implemented by limiting AI throttle to a certain percentage (like the cooldown lap feature of CSP) with an additional restriction to prevent overtakes for 1 lap. After that, the AI restrictions are released, and all are free to race. Obviously, this means that the player needs to abide by the restriction voluntarily and you won't have perfectly formed rows of two, but this would be a marked improvement over the alternative.

Latest News

Back