[RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements

Apps [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements v1.1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
deleted, figured it out myself ;) but one question remains, i couldn't find the setting to set the level when drs is disabled because of wetness. Is that removed? andif so, what is the wetness level when drs is disabled because of wet track?

thanks

Last edited:
deleted, figured it out myself ;) but one question remains, i couldn't find the setting to set the level when drs is disabled because of wetness. Is that removed? andif so, what is the wetness level when drs is disabled because of wet track?

thanks
It’s a function of track water level and track puddles. I’m trying to find what works best for every situation, and there is no longer a slider for now.

Since the RARE 1.1.1.6 Preview 9 with CSP 1.80 preview 115 the RARE app is turned off at every race i start. I can enable it manually and then the DRS etc is working, but I have to manually turn it on with every race.

Also I noticed RARE is not making a copy of the Track with the FIA logo on it. As you mentioned in a post earlier this might have to do with permissions. I'll wait for a new version to see if it is working :cool:

great stuff,especially the tires function,just one question,does it overwrite the csp new ai settings? I have teleport to pit/return to pit if too much damage and return back to race after returning to pit,I had one race an ai didn't return to the race,is this cause of RARE or was that maybe an car/track issue? Thanks in advance

Just to say i'm hopeful for this project and been following it for some time. Today I tested it on few races and mostly did not have any issues, like AI getting stuck in pitlane etc. But as I read RARE should make new track layout? For me it doesn't but I didn't see any issues except when I tried races on Albert Park using Pyyer's extension and what i found out is that 2 out of 4 DRS zones did not work, to be more specific first and second one did but the third and fourth one did not. Maybe is RARE limited to 2 DRS zones? I don't know but in Catalunya everything worked fine
EDIT: I also forgot that on Melbourne AI couldn't pit(debug was basically saying it will pit) so that might be track specific problem.

Last edited:
Just to say i'm hopeful for this project and been following it for some time. Today I tested it on few races and mostly did not have any issues, like AI getting stuck in pitlane etc. But as I read RARE should make new track layout? For me it doesn't but I didn't see any issues except when I tried races on Albert Park using Pyyer's extension and what i found out is that 2 out of 4 DRS zones did not work, to be more specific first and second one did but the third and fourth one did not. Maybe is RARE limited to 2 DRS zones? I don't know but in Catalunya everything worked fine
Albert Park is a unique case I'm trying to solve for right now actually. Since it has detection points that are used for multiple DRS zones.

A new layout will only be made if RARE cannot access the track physics. If you have run previous RARE versions you probably already have the surfaces.ini file modified, which give my app access to the track physics, and breaks compatibility with online play.
The reason for the new layout feature, is so that if you wish to play online, you can just switch to the non RARE layout, rather than having to revert any files with RARE.

Albert Park is a unique case I'm trying to solve for right now actually. Since it has detection points that are used for multiple DRS zones.

A new layout will only be made if RARE cannot access the track physics. If you have run previous RARE versions you probably already have the surfaces.ini file modified, which give my app access to the track physics, and breaks compatibility with online play.
The reason for the new layout feature, is so that if you wish to play online, you can just switch to the non RARE layout, rather than having to revert any files with RARE.
Yeah, it has only 2 detection points.
Okay, thanks for the info I wasn't aware how it works. Great work

Mmh with the latest version, my game always crashes on any track, all the time, except on the generated FIA layouts.. and it crashes even with the app turned off, i had to delete the RARE folder in order for the game to work again :(.. not usable like this for me..

Mmh with the latest version, my game always crashes on any track, all the time, except on the generated FIA layouts.. and it crashes even with the app turned off, i had to delete the RARE folder in order for the game to work again :(.. not usable like this for me..
Hence why I have this marked as a preview, I'm trying to get feedback on what is wrong with it. Thank you for testing it out.

Schmawlik updated [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements with a new update entry:

1.1.4.0.preview4 Release

PLEASE DELETE OLD RARE FOLDER FROM THE LUA APP DIRECTORY
/assettocorsa/apps/lua/RARE

This is a preview version for the upcoming v1.2.0.0 release that is waiting on the public release of CSP v1.80. There are feature that will work with preview versions of CSP v1.80, that will not work with CSP v1.79.

I expect there to be some issues that need to be worked through, so be warned.

Features and Fixes (CSP v1.79 2144)
  • New DRS logic to accurately...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Since the RARE 1.1.1.6 Preview 9 with CSP 1.80 preview 115 the RARE app is turned off at every race i start. I can enable it manually and then the DRS etc is working, but I have to manually turn it on with every race.

Also I noticed RARE is not making a copy of the Track with the FIA logo on it. As you mentioned in a post earlier this might have to do with permissions. I'll wait for a new version to see if it is working :cool:

Not sure what would be causing the issue where you have to turn the app on every single time, if you could try the newer version I just published and see if that is any better for you.

great stuff,especially the tires function,just one question,does it overwrite the csp new ai settings? I have teleport to pit/return to pit if too much damage and return back to race after returning to pit,I had one race an ai didn't return to the race,is this cause of RARE or was that maybe an car/track issue? Thanks in advance
I myself am not doing anything to alter the CSP New AI settings, however there may be conflicts caused by how the track physics are accessed with RARE.

Not sure what would be causing the issue where you have to turn the app on every single time, if you could try the newer version I just published and see if that is any better for you.
Thanks for the extended information regarding the layout option. Makes total sense!

Let me try this afternoon / evening the new version and i'll update this topic

Sorry for the question that has been here before, but I followed all and still I can't get it to work.....
It's about the Alfa Romeo C43 that says Rare has to be installed for the display to work.
I did everything, extended physics, global, "extended-2" in the car.ini file, repacked, kept it unpacked, tried 1001 combinations of these things: it does say extended physics is on, Rare is on, but no display. (Also: don't see the tyre colours changing with compound, but okay)

The DRS rule seems to work okay?

Am I missing something?

Latest News

Back