[RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements

Apps [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements v1.1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I tried this the other day but as soon as I started a session with the lua app active I had huge fps drops, this is in vr, I usually can run solid 90fps no matter what but this had me locked to 70ish, the only thing that has crippled my 4090 so far not sure if I'm missing something? Deactivated the app and straight back to 90 the next session.

Here are my 2 cents ( well , more like a 10 dollar bill tbh this is long ) about the rogue AI stuck hitting pit lane walls .

All my testikgs were done on spa and imola tracks ( default ) . With rss hybrid 2022 S car . I also was not in the race , i gave control of my czr to an AI using the ctrl C shortcut and kept watching the ai behaviour for the whole afternoon lol .

the mod runs perfectly in single race , but for a weekend with practice / qualify / race , i troubleshooted for about 4 hours and what i noticed is :

1. if i run a practice that is less than 4 minutes , after it the AI will keep spinning in place and hitting the pit walls in qualifying , not all of them , but some of them do and never be able to leave the pit lane to qualify .

2. if i set a practice session of 4 or 5 minutes , play some of it and then skip without finishing it , the same happens .

3.if i play a practice session of 4 or 5 or more minutes and finish it , ai will behave normally in qualify and i can play qualify normal.

4. if i SKIP the practice session from the content manager so you dont start it at all ( you launch with just qualify and race ) , qualification will also works fine , AI will leave the pit lane and they will qualify fine .

Conclusion , either not play any practice or play 4+ minutes and FINISH them to be able to play the qualifying without bugs

After qualification , in race start i have to press AI tab before race begins on the settings app to fill their fuel tanks , then i fill mine and select the RULES tab so they don't have full tank forever and their settings dont keep changing every one second . after this there are two cases :

__Case 1 : if i skipped the qualification before it ends ( play some then press esc , skip session , most of the time the race works fine , but the grid is somewhat randomized since some if not most of the AI didnt play the qualifications .

__Case2 : if i finished the qualifications , most of the time some of the AI will hug the pit lane wall right at the race start .

I think that the mod is working fine for the first session , then the second session can be hit or miss , and i think that it can be affected a little bit by changing how long you stay in the first session . For exmaple using the tricks i talked about earlier i managed to have a good qualification every single time by either not doing a practice session at all or playing an at least 4 minutes long practice and finishing it . That way AI never goes rogue in qualify . But i couldnt find a way to make the ai always behave well in the race start too . Sometimes one or two or sometimes even 10 cars will just dive hezd first into the pit wall ad soon as the race starts

I hope this helps you recreate the problem .

Oh and btw i m on the latest csp version . The .115 preview or something idk . Dont ahve many mods too just the car , and csp , pure and sol , f1 leaderboard and skins for the car . I freshly installed the game a week ago .

And whzn race starts the cars that dont hezd for the oit lane wall and actually race , those cars race just fine. Tyre wear pits work and they pit , change tyres , dont refuel and go back to track . So that function works fine . Only issue is the rogue ai kissing the pit walls .

I’ve found how the trigger to the issue, however this is not something I can fix from my end and I’ll have to see if I can implement a workaround.

I tried this the other day but as soon as I started a session with the lua app active I had huge fps drops, this is in vr, I usually can run solid 90fps no matter what but this had me locked to 70ish, the only thing that has crippled my 4090 so far not sure if I'm missing something? Deactivated the app and straight back to 90 the next session.
Verify that RARE isn’t throwing any errors while not in VR first with the RARE debug menu or lua debug menu.

So...I tried again to found a temporary solution during a championship (only for AI hitting walls problem at the start of the race).

-Make qualyfing normally with RARE ON and finish the session (I usually use 10min)
-Start the race with RARE ON and AI will hit the walls or will not move from the grid).
-Wait some seconds and restart the race with RARE OFF (AI will work good)
-Restart and turn ON Rare into car setup before start the race
-Start the race

With these steps for me no problem after 11 races.

Last edited:
Hello, for some unknown reason, my RARE worked only once after I installed it. After the first attempt, the mod isn't working anymore. DRS is used since the start and I didn't make any change in game after the first attempt and install.
I'm using 1.80 preview CSP. I can see the menu and app icon and everything looks okay and right but turn it ON or OFF doesn't make any change.

I've followed the installation instructions however, the apps in the sidebar, when opened are just empty grey rectangles with no settings inside and I do not see any RARE options in the setup menu. I have a separate F1TV leaderboard app/overlay (not the simhub one) could this possibly be interfering with the Rare app? Can any other addons possibly interfere with RARE and stop it from working?

Just installed and everything seems to be working fine except for the tyre textures. All the F1 cars have broken tyre textures as seen in my screenshot below. Is there a fix? Have I done something wrong? Thanks!
20230327084156_1.jpg

Schmawlik updated [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements with a new update entry:

v1.1.1.3-preview5 Release

PLEASE DELETE OLD RARE FOLDER FROM THE LUA APP DIRECTORY
/assettocorsa/apps/lua/RARE

This is a preview version for the upcoming v1.2.0.0 release that is waiting on the public release of CSP v1.80. There are feature that will work with preview versions of CSP v1.80, that will not work with CSP v1.79.

I expect there to be some issues that need to be worked through, so be warned.

Features and Fixes (CSP v1.79 2144)
  • Limit player compound...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just found this, and it looks great.

Problem is, my CM isn't seeing it at all. Not in Settings/Apps, not in game, anywhere. It's nowhere to be found in my install.

I followed the very simple instructions multiple times (cut the folders and paste them into root AC folder). Could there be an app conflict? I'm using the CBV Fuel Calculator (as well as the Sol controllers). No other apps.

Latest CM, CSP ver. 0.1.80 (Preview 115). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Just found this, and it looks great.

Problem is, my CM isn't seeing it at all. Not in Settings/Apps, not in game, anywhere. It's nowhere to be found in my install.

I followed the very simple instructions multiple times (cut the folders and paste them into root AC folder). Could there be an app conflict? I'm using the CBV Fuel Calculator (as well as the Sol controllers). No other apps.

Latest CM, CSP ver. 0.1.80 (Preview 115). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Can you check the Lua Debug app in game, and see if you can find the RARE tab

Can you check the Lua Debug app in game, and see if you can find the RARE tab
I found it - I switched back to the standard GUI when I moved my install and unchecked the CSP one. It's there in the sidebar now.

However, it looks like I'm one of the unlucky ones with regards to compatibility - I'm stuck in a boot loop of ac.exe with the app installed. Tried both VHE's Interlagos and Kunos' Imola, Formula Hybrid 22, Single Race, vs. one opponent for testing. Both restarted AC.exe twice, then produced an error with something about the layout.

No worries if this doesn't work for me immediately. I'll be keeping a close eye on this if it works right now or not. Thanks a ton for all of these features - stuff like forced compounds and mandatory pitstops are huge. You are doing a great service for the sim.

I found it - I switched back to the standard GUI when I moved my install and unchecked the CSP one. It's there in the sidebar now.

However, it looks like I'm one of the unlucky ones with regards to compatibility - I'm stuck in a boot loop of ac.exe with the app installed. Tried both VHE's Interlagos and Kunos' Imola, Formula Hybrid 22, Single Race, vs. one opponent for testing. Both restarted AC.exe twice, then produced an error with something about the layout.

No worries if this doesn't work for me immediately. I'll be keeping a close eye on this if it works right now or not. Thanks a ton for all of these features - stuff like forced compounds and mandatory pitstops are huge. You are doing a great service for the sim.
Can you screenshot the layout error for me.

Latest News

Back