[RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements

Apps [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements v1.1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Okay, so about AI being stuck in pits during the race - just now, I observed the following pattern:
  • they wait for opportunity to leave the pits as normal
  • when AI sees they can, they attempt to leave...
  • ...but they drive a few centimeters before teleporting to their box.
  • It always happens only with Pit when Tyres worn option is on.
And in comparison to previous times - this is the first time that, when AI attempts to leave the pit, they have no fuel. All cars that are stuck have this problem, and for one of them the fuel indicator on Essentials app literally flickered between ~80% full and empty. For reference, yes, I do have refueling disabled, but since I was testing with RSS 2013 and first start went awry (had to restart the race), all cars started with full tanks.

EDIT: Managed to get a video of the issue - not exactly like I described above, but a variant. Refuelling disabled, tyre change enabled, threshold 45 average and 30 single tyre. The CSP version is preview115.

I have two requests for @Schmawlik, one regarding the issue(s):
  1. Can you say which apps (or mods) you have turned on (or off) when you are testing RARE? Maybe it's compatibility issue which I don't know.
  2. Not related to issues: could you make a small window which would list the % of tyres for observed car? I tried doing it myself since using debug all the time is quite tiresome, but I'm not that good at coding yet.

Last edited:
G'day! Absolutely brilliant job but i'm just curious how can i run this app with CSP Preview version with Rain FX? is it possible to change something to let it work?

Amazing app, thank you for doing this.

I have one small issue where my mouse isn't recognised in replay mode (marked in red) I can't click any controls in this area or place my mouse to bring up the replay controls, everything works fine either side of the area. Uninstalling Rare fixed the issue. I can still use keyboard shortcuts as a work around.
control issue.jpg

Here are my 2 cents ( well , more like a 10 dollar bill tbh this is long ) about the rogue AI stuck hitting pit lane walls .

All my testikgs were done on spa and imola tracks ( default ) . With rss hybrid 2022 S car . I also was not in the race , i gave control of my czr to an AI using the ctrl C shortcut and kept watching the ai behaviour for the whole afternoon lol .

the mod runs perfectly in single race , but for a weekend with practice / qualify / race , i troubleshooted for about 4 hours and what i noticed is :

1. if i run a practice that is less than 4 minutes , after it the AI will keep spinning in place and hitting the pit walls in qualifying , not all of them , but some of them do and never be able to leave the pit lane to qualify .

2. if i set a practice session of 4 or 5 minutes , play some of it and then skip without finishing it , the same happens .

3.if i play a practice session of 4 or 5 or more minutes and finish it , ai will behave normally in qualify and i can play qualify normal.

4. if i SKIP the practice session from the content manager so you dont start it at all ( you launch with just qualify and race ) , qualification will also works fine , AI will leave the pit lane and they will qualify fine .

Conclusion , either not play any practice or play 4+ minutes and FINISH them to be able to play the qualifying without bugs

After qualification , in race start i have to press AI tab before race begins on the settings app to fill their fuel tanks , then i fill mine and select the RULES tab so they don't have full tank forever and their settings dont keep changing every one second . after this there are two cases :

__Case 1 : if i skipped the qualification before it ends ( play some then press esc , skip session , most of the time the race works fine , but the grid is somewhat randomized since some if not most of the AI didnt play the qualifications .

__Case2 : if i finished the qualifications , most of the time some of the AI will hug the pit lane wall right at the race start .

I think that the mod is working fine for the first session , then the second session can be hit or miss , and i think that it can be affected a little bit by changing how long you stay in the first session . For exmaple using the tricks i talked about earlier i managed to have a good qualification every single time by either not doing a practice session at all or playing an at least 4 minutes long practice and finishing it . That way AI never goes rogue in qualify . But i couldnt find a way to make the ai always behave well in the race start too . Sometimes one or two or sometimes even 10 cars will just dive hezd first into the pit wall ad soon as the race starts

I hope this helps you recreate the problem .

Oh and btw i m on the latest csp version . The .115 preview or something idk . Dont ahve many mods too just the car , and csp , pure and sol , f1 leaderboard and skins for the car . I freshly installed the game a week ago .

And whzn race starts the cars that dont hezd for the oit lane wall and actually race , those cars race just fine. Tyre wear pits work and they pit , change tyres , dont refuel and go back to track . So that function works fine . Only issue is the rogue ai kissing the pit walls .

__Case2 : if i finished the qualifications , most of the time some of the AI will hug the pit lane wall right at the race start .
I confirm. During a championship after qual at the start of the race. Tested with Rss FH22S. I have to disable the "app"...
No problem with quick race and no qual.

Last edited:
Here are my 2 cents ( well , more like a 10 dollar bill tbh this is long ) about the rogue AI stuck hitting pit lane walls .

All my testikgs were done on spa and imola tracks ( default ) . With rss hybrid 2022 S car . I also was not in the race , i gave control of my czr to an AI using the ctrl C shortcut and kept watching the ai behaviour for the whole afternoon lol .

the mod runs perfectly in single race , but for a weekend with practice / qualify / race , i troubleshooted for about 4 hours and what i noticed is :

1. if i run a practice that is less than 4 minutes , after it the AI will keep spinning in place and hitting the pit walls in qualifying , not all of them , but some of them do and never be able to leave the pit lane to qualify .

2. if i set a practice session of 4 or 5 minutes , play some of it and then skip without finishing it , the same happens .

3.if i play a practice session of 4 or 5 or more minutes and finish it , ai will behave normally in qualify and i can play qualify normal.

4. if i SKIP the practice session from the content manager so you dont start it at all ( you launch with just qualify and race ) , qualification will also works fine , AI will leave the pit lane and they will qualify fine .

Conclusion , either not play any practice or play 4+ minutes and FINISH them to be able to play the qualifying without bugs

After qualification , in race start i have to press AI tab before race begins on the settings app to fill their fuel tanks , then i fill mine and select the RULES tab so they don't have full tank forever and their settings dont keep changing every one second . after this there are two cases :

__Case 1 : if i skipped the qualification before it ends ( play some then press esc , skip session , most of the time the race works fine , but the grid is somewhat randomized since some if not most of the AI didnt play the qualifications .

I think that the mod is working fine for the first session , then the second session can be hit or miss , and i think that it can be affected a little bit by changing how long you stay in the first session . For exmaple using the tricks i talked about earlier i managed to have a good qualification every single time by either not doing a practice session at all or playing an at least 4 minutes long practice and finishing it . That way AI never goes rogue in qualify . But i couldnt find a way to make the ai always behave well in the race start too . Sometimes one or two or sometimes even 10 cars will just dive hezd first into the pit wall ad soon as the race starts

Oh and btw i m on the latest csp version . The .115 preview or something idk . Dont ahve many mods too just the car , and csp , pure and sol , f1 leaderboard and skins for the car . I freshly installed the game a week ago .

And whzn race starts the cars that dont hezd for the oit lane wall and actually race , those cars race just fine. Tyre wear pits work and they pit , change tyres , dont refuel and go back to track . So that function works fine . Only issue is the rogue ai kissing the pit walls .
I confirm. During a championship after qual at the start of the race. Tested with Rss FH22S. I have to disable the "app"...
No problem with quick race and no qual.

Another temporary (and I think easier) fix is to disable RARE at the start of first session (be it practice or quali, your choice), and enable it after the race start.

The AI runs fine this way. Haven't checked with tyre change on yet, though, only with refuel on.

Another temporary (and I think easier) fix is to disable RARE at the start of first session (be it practice or quali, your choice), and enable it after the race start.

The AI runs fine this way. Haven't checked with tyre change on yet, though, only with refuel on.
tested this once , tried enabling and disabling the refuel and it worked both ;
can i enable it before the race starts tho ? cause i can't enable it when i m paused . which means i need to do it while driving which is not pracctical at all . can i do it while the red circles are still going on ( race start countdown )

tested this once , tried enabling and disabling the refuel and it worked both ;
can i enable it before the race starts tho ? cause i can't enable it when i m paused . which means i need to do it while driving which is not pracctical at all . can i do it while the red circles are still going on ( race start countdown )
You can try enabling it during lights out sequence. I did not try this way though.

Hi guys, i just recognised that DRS is not being disabled when track gets above the wetness limit (5%). I'm pretty sure that this worked before, no idea on my end why it doesn't work anymore. It's still enabled in the rare rules app and the "DRS disabled" message is correctly shown when passing the wetness limit. Any ther settings which might influence it?

Thanks!

Screenshots: (1) race start - DRS enables (i set DRS enabling lap to 1); (2) passed wetness limit - message properly shown; (3) cars still run with DRS enabled

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    688.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    817.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    830.6 KB · Views: 41
Hi. In Bahrain F2022 track when i enable mod, cars jump in the pitlane when i start qualy session and some fall through the ground. Is there something that it interferes with and what should i turn off?

Thanks for the debug help, I'm going to look into these issues shortly.

Hi guys, i just recognised that DRS is not being disabled when track gets above the wetness limit (5%). I'm pretty sure that this worked before, no idea on my end why it doesn't work anymore. It's still enabled in the rare rules app and the "DRS disabled" message is correctly shown when passing the wetness limit. Any ther settings which might influence it?

Thanks!

Screenshots: (1) race start - DRS enables (i set DRS enabling lap to 1); (2) passed wetness limit - message properly shown; (3) cars still run with DRS enabled
Hi, the DRS wetness broke recently, I will try and fix shortly.

Latest News

Back