[RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements

Apps [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements v1.1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
AI seems broken with this. Immediately turns into the pit wall when starting the race. In a 15 min quali 25% of the cars aren't able to set a representative lap time.

Thank you for the update regarding qualifying! Haven't tried it yet but if it removes the cool down laps in quali, that's great. AC AI doesn't do well at passing very slow cars so unless you can fix that, it's not the best feature.
Looking forward to trying out all the new stuff!

The new update causes the laptimes in qualifying not to appear on time sheets (ACTV, BCast).

Weirdly, the times are set properly, as the cars change their positions on sheets, and last laptime can be seen on Essentials.

[EDIT: after over 6 minutes of qualifying, the sheets came alive and display times. Weird. / Okay, seems to be fixed, couple of restarts are needed before it works as intended.]

Also, what's with the lua folder (containing rare folder inside of which is connection.lua file), do we need to place it somewhere else than AC root?

EDIT 2: Debug throws an error when expanding the Tyres subwindow. Either in Quali or Race, with tyres life on or off. Lines 32, 33 and 35 of utils.lua have .RULES. instead of .AI.

Last edited:
this update fix the qualifying problem for me but, still, in the races AI doesn't exit the pit stop once they did it :(

Sadly can confirm this has happened to me too. 29 lap race on Pinwheel, 24 AIs, around lap 16-18 around 10 AIs came into pits - cannot leave since then. They try to leave their pit box, move a few (centi)meters but end up teleporting back to the box.

RSS 2013, refuel off, pit when tyres worn on, default values.

Last edited:
Sadly can confirm this has happened to me too. 29 lap race on Pinwheel, 24 AIs, around lap 16-18 around 10 AIs came into pits - cannot leave since then. They try to leave their pit box, move a few (centi)meters but end up teleporting back to the box.

RSS 2013, refuel off, pit when tyres worn on, default values.
I can’t help fix this unless someone shows me the error occurring and what events leading up to the issue. I have not seen this issue and can’t repro it.

Hi,
Thanks for the update.
Followed the instructions but sadly the app does not become visible in CM and/or AC.
Also the folder F1Regs does not exist on my pc!?

grtz, Mike

Hi,
Thanks for the update.
Followed the instructions but sadly the app does not become visible in CM and/or AC.
Also the folder F1Regs does not exist on my pc!?

grtz, Mike
The app is renamed to RARE now (its folder in the lua apps is called rare). Copying every folder from the downloaded archive into the root of AC must work.

Tested this latest version 1.0.6.1 in a offline 15 laps at Bahrein. I enabled "Alternate AI Strength", "Relative AI Scaling" and "Relative AI Level: 100%". I was pushing like hell all race, so from P6 to P2 (P1 was 5" ahead). TO my now is perfect, at least at this race, because with older versions I could win from P20, so this is what I was looking for. Nice work.

@samuelongui
What is your CM setting on AI level and aggressiveness? In the offline races I run, the AI has too many crashes between them (although they have decreased with the latest version).

Last edited:

Latest News

Back