[RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements

Apps [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements v1.1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yes, kinda, we are not sure 100%. You can make your setup and rename it to "ai_default" in the tracks setup folder. You'll need to restart the game tho(not sure, but to be sure). For me it worked, like the AI gained around 3.5-4 seconds in Baku with some changes to wings and similar, but some people claimed it doesn't work so yeah
Yeah I know this is a thing, I was just wondering if it's technically possible for the mod to take care of it in real time, basically after you change the setup. The ai_default setup thing doesn't work on all settings and it doesn't work on the RSS Hybrid 2022.

Last edited:
Can i suggest to make everything a configurable option, especially the part where the AI goes slow in their outlaps in qualy? It really messes with the qualy times in my Le Mans multiclass AI race grid. The AI unfortunately is super bad at passing slow cars, so on long tracks with a lot of AI cars, the cars on their outlaps massively block the others.

Hi,
I noticed app is changing surfaces.ini even if app is disabled. Can be a bother for online players due to checksum error.
Is there any workaround?
Right now I'm doing a copy of original surfaces.ini and paste every time I want to join multiplayer.

AI in Monza is broken with this mod on. The AI swerve on the straight just before Parabollica (and sometimes crash), before going hard into the pit wall and crashing after. Is there any way I can fix this? I tried downloading new AI for this track but it didn't work
UPDATE: I also found an issue regarding cars pitting to retire the car. There are way too many cases where a driver would come into the pits and retire the car. Is there any way to fix that?

Last edited:
So I got the same type of problem as folks above (AI going haywire and crashing) but during quali. Narrowed down the problem to ai.lua - seems that the line "moveOffRacingLine(driver)" under "if driver.flyingLap then" is the culprit. Commenting it out with --- should work. Yes, it does work, but the out/inlap cars won't move off the racing line to let the ones on flying lap.
The problem with moveOffRacingLine lies somewhere in aiSplineOffset, possibly in the lerp function I think, causing AI to go off the track (literally) when trying to let flying lappers by.

Also @Schmawlik isn't 3.5 multiplier for fuelperlap in quali too much? With RSS 2013 I set it to 2.5 and it's just right (debug says the cars have at least 3 units of fuel at minimum when they come in).

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm that they have the latest version of RARE working online on their own server or could someone possibly test it?

Behavior is odd/not working for my private server and the other drivers who all have it installed. DRS enabled banner shows up correctly, but then DRS does not work. Every time the race leader changes we are shown the DRS enabled banner again (but DRS does not work)

Sometimes DRS will work for someone in the race but we have no supporting evidence to say what exactly gave that racer DRS, but when they get it they are NOT valid (ie not within a second of a car in front) and sometimes they are the race leader themselves or totally alone in the DRS section of the track!

TIA for any help/suggestions!

It also adds
Code:
[_SCRIPTING_PHYSICS]
ALLOW_APPS=1
to surfaces.ini which causes checksum fails for online races
Hopefully the author would've pointed it out
But even if the surfaces.ini is updated on server too, your game would keep automatically restarting till the end of the world if you happened to enable the app offline and forget to disable before joining a server.

Last edited:
my way is to keep original surfaces.ini (with different name) so I can change it when switching from online to offline driving.
When I have to disable app I go to Content-Miscellaneous-Apps (or Lua apps) and click Disable.

i ve got the same problem as people point out. Qualify is impossible and in the race the AI is totally dumb, That s after the last update. Before was working so well
what a pity :(

Schmawlik updated [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements (F1 Regs) with a new update entry:

v1.0.6.0 Release

PLEASE DELETE OLD F1 REGS AND RARE FOLDERS FROM LUA APP DIRECTORY /assettocorsa/apps/lua/F1Regs

- Added buttons in 'MISC' settings to revert surfaces.ini file to avoid checksum errors when playing online
- This will not fix previously "broken" surfaces.ini files​
- Removed excess files
- Added some debug values
- Fixed new alternate AI level being set and saved properly
- Removed alternate AI behavior in quali for now
- Added new AI Level...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Back