[RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements

Apps [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements v1.1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ok, I'm trying different tests.
Brasil, Quick Race 10laps, Pit below avg tyre life 90% and into CM Tire Wear 5x.
RSS FH2022, full grid, 20 cars.
AI begin to pit after 3-4 laps for change but seems that makes pit to groups of some car at the same time, ok not a problem...
it would be nice to teach (if possible) AI to pit not only on the basis of tire wear but on the basis of a laps range (for example, on 10 laps race, pit between the 5th and 6th lap...).
I don't know how AI wears your tyres, all the same or differently, because is AI not a human driver like me.
Tire wear in Content Manager (from 1x to 5x) affects only my car o all AI cars in race?

DRS: all works good but when I am on the lead if I have a driver lapped in front of me and I'm in the drs zone, game asks me to activate it.

Last edited:
Really? Leader of the race can use drs for pass a lapped driver? I did not know...I thought it was excluded.
Vilmos is correct, lapped cars can provide DRS to lapping cars.

Use of DRS is restricted by the F1 rules; it is permitted only when both:
  • The following car is within one second of the car to be overtaken, which may be a car being lapped. The FIA may alter this parameter, race by race.
  • The following car is in an overtaking zone as defined by the FIA before the race (commonly known as the DRS zone).
Further:
  • The system may not be activated on the first two laps after the race start, restart, or a safety car deployment, for example, as was the case of the 2021 Belgian Grand Prix, during which no driver could have activated DRS because the entire race took place behind a safety car, before being terminated due to bad weather.
  • The system cannot be used by the defending driver, unless within one second of another car in front.
  • The system may not be enabled if racing conditions are deemed dangerous by the race director, such as rain, as was the case at the 2011 Canadian Grand Prix.

Really love that but it would be cool to have random retirements (engine failure or someting like that) and it would be cool if you have the option to force a specific ai to pit...
You can force a specific ai to retire, if you watching from the pits.
Random retirement, or just a button that retire the ai would be excellent, yes

Last edited:
This is a brilliant mod! In races it works great and gave me a great race in the RSS Hybrid 2022. However, I've found a few issues:
-It makes the AI drive odd in the pits. When I turn the mod off in the setup page, the AI drives into the wall most of the time in the pits while with it on, they don't go through each other so just wait for the car ahead to leave the pits. Result is quali sessions where only 5-6 cars go out.
-I feel like you've slowed them down on out and in laps. This is a cool idea but doesn't work well when they stick to the racing line. Also, it affects their pace at the start of a flying lap.
-It seems the AI aggression variation thing causes too many crashes at the start of a race. Might be something I'm doing wrong.
-Lastly, since downloading, the AI has tended to turn off line as soon as they exit the pits which means I always come up on a pile up at turn 1 on my first quali lap.

If any of these fixes can be made, it would be even better. Perhaps I'm just using it wrong though, so feel free to educate me!

This is a brilliant mod! In races it works great and gave me a great race in the RSS Hybrid 2022. However, I've found a few issues:
-It makes the AI drive odd in the pits. When I turn the mod off in the setup page, the AI drives into the wall most of the time in the pits while with it on, they don't go through each other so just wait for the car ahead to leave the pits. Result is quali sessions where only 5-6 cars go out.
-I feel like you've slowed them down on out and in laps. This is a cool idea but doesn't work well when they stick to the racing line. Also, it affects their pace at the start of a flying lap.
-It seems the AI aggression variation thing causes too many crashes at the start of a race. Might be something I'm doing wrong.
-Lastly, since downloading, the AI has tended to turn off line as soon as they exit the pits which means I always come up on a pile up at turn 1 on my first quali lap.

If any of these fixes can be made, it would be even better. Perhaps I'm just using it wrong though, so feel free to educate me!
you are def not using it wrong as I have the same issues you have listed. I love the idea of them going slow on out laps, but the other things just completely break the race. Having the same problems during the race, where AI is simply driving really weirdly and randomly going into walls. Looking forward to the fixes :)

Also, to add to this. It very rarely loads with the game. Did a long qualifying session just now and come the race found out the AI could use DRS as they wanted but I was stuck to the real life rules.

Hello
first of all congratulations for your work, thanks to you the F1 races are more realistic. A big thank-you
Let me give you an idea to improve your work.
Can we save the settings for each car?
a button would save the configuration for a car and this configuration would be loaded automatically when the car was used.

thank you

Great work! Just a question. Can I activate my own DRS manually. It would be perfect if I can use drs without the help of this app . Let the app take care of other AI drivers but me

Ever since I've installed the new version I've noticed some oddities.

Whenever I don't skip Quali sessions, during the Race, the AI will stall on the grid and run into the pitwall and retire. Then I restart the session, and it almost works properly, with one or two cars still doing that.

During Quali sessions themselves, I've seen drivers on the same car, skill, and aggro with no ballast or restrictor have incredibly variating lap times, some drivers an entire minute or more behind pole.

This is because they tend to brake incredibly heavy in some corners on many circuits, getting to the point of stopping the car entirely for a good thirty seconds, or even locking up and running into a nearby barrier. The cars behind those who brake so heavily, just zoom past them and save a lot of time by just not doing that.

It's been happening even on Kunos tracks, and deactivating the mod fixed the issue.

Is it technically possible to copy the player's setup for the AI? At some tracks the default AI setup is not great. Think the RSSH22 at Spa, with the default aero you don't have enough ERS to finish the lap, it would be great if we could somehow copy the player's setup to the AI before the start of the race, if that's technically possible.

Is it technically possible to copy the player's setup for the AI? At some tracks the default AI setup is not great. Think the RSSH22 at Spa, with the default aero you don't have enough ERS to finish the lap, it would be great if we could somehow copy the player's setup to the AI before the start of the race, if that's technically possible.
Yes, kinda, we are not sure 100%. You can make your setup and rename it to "ai_default" in the tracks setup folder. You'll need to restart the game tho(not sure, but to be sure). For me it worked, like the AI gained around 3.5-4 seconds in Baku with some changes to wings and similar, but some people claimed it doesn't work so yeah

Latest News

Back