RaceDepartment Forum Racing Season 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys, lets clear this up.
Rami's win is legal. This will be the last time that happens. That doesn't mean it isn't right, we've just come to a point where a better rule will be put in place.
The edit of the first post was disappointing, it may seem like cheating. Please, if you make an early post just edit and strikethrough. If you want to be sneaky and edit it out you will be harshly penalised and I can promise that to you.
Perhaps the argument got a *little* out of hand, but I would also like to thank everyone involved because at the same time this was a whole group discussion to find the optimal solution.
I lastly hope that this has not diminished the wills of any of you, you guys racing are what make this series possible, and while I am quite honoured to have this job, it is still the racers that are the important guys.
Cheers, I gotta go find all the finish posts now :rolleyes:

Ok guys, lets clear this up.
Rami's win is legal. This will be the last time that happens. That doesn't mean it isn't right, we've just come to a point where a better rule will be put in place.
The edit of the first post was disappointing, it may seem like cheating. Please, if you make an early post just edit and strikethrough. If you want to be sneaky and edit it out you will be harshly penalised and I can promise that to you.
Perhaps the argument got a *little* out of hand, but I would also like to thank everyone involved because at the same time this was a whole group discussion to find the optimal solution.
I lastly hope that this has not diminished the wills of any of you, you guys racing are what make this series possible, and while I am quite honoured to have this job, it is still the racers that are the important guys.
Cheers, I gotta go find all the finish posts now :rolleyes:

I think a ban from the game would be in order if this happens again. I did escalate the situation unnecessarily, but I only did it because I hate people who try to evade the rules. Its good to see that you look into these issues and try to be fair.

SAIDY COMPLETES MAIDEN WIN
JORDAN UNDER SCRUTINY AMID CONTROVERSY

1st. Rami Saidy
Jordan S20.png
2nd. Alexander Macdonald
Heineken Honda S20.png
3rd. James Chant
Heineken Honda S20.png
Rami Saidy became the latest in a long line of Forum Racing winners in Germany, leading his Jordan to a well earned 1st place finish. The sometimes erratic Saidy was waiting for this one, although a controversial last lap almost robbed him of the glory. Leading pole-sitter Alexander Macdonald after a strong pit stop, Saidy looked like he was cruising to the flag, but seemingly started the celebration a lap too early. For whatever reason, Saidy slowed down dramatically, causing the following lapped cars into evasive action to miss the dramatically slowed Jordan. With the team in his ears to continue for another lap, Saidy raced on, the final margin to Macdonald a miniscule amount all of a sudden and a real tense time to see out the race.
Upon reaching the line, Saidy asked if he'd finally done it. The response was good.
James Chant brought his Honda around in third, and wasn't pleased to hear of the antics by Saidy. A complaint was lodged, and the fun began. (see more below)
Behind, Ben Herbert brought his Red Bull around in a well deserved 4th place, after being unable to keep up with the Honda-powered machines. He led Florin Diaconescu, upholding the honour of McLaren as teammate Sig Man struggled to 10th after an earlier collision. Further back Old Wolf was happy for Saidy while also disappointed, his run of 5th place finishes broken in the wrong direction, finishing 8th and unhappy. Online Racing suffered probably one of its worst finishes as Ben Utzer (9th) and Omer Said (11th...) combined for a tiny 4 points, enough to see Jordan re-take 3rd place by a point. Utzer was injured after qualifying when his car rode a high kurb and the impact of his body in the cockpit caused some damage. There is no definite on when he'll be back, but it is a second season that he won't see every race.
The aftermath of the race was eagerly watched as RDFIA delegates and team personnel alike discussed the future of the series. It was then agreed upon that the rules would be held for this current race, but no longer after. This ruling allowed Saidy to keep his win, but the point now is that it will not be tolerated. Any post-editing that is done to cover up posts is akin to cheating and harsh penalties will be applied. The current rule of legal after posts has been amended, a 10 minute mini penalty will be expected to be followed by the racers, for more penalties can and will be applied if done incorrectly.

At a glance
  • Saidy's win is his first, but weirdly enough he moves nowhere on the standings, instead 1 point behind both Omer Said and Ben Herbert.
  • Jordan's result was enough to see it take 3rd place back from OR, by a solitary point.
  • Honda took 23 points out of McLaren's lead heading into half-season, the momentum clearly behind the Heineken sponsored crew.
  • James Chant is now second in the standings, while Macdonald, with a three point bonus for pole, has snuck up on Sig and is a point behind.
Results
1st. R. Saidy (Jordan-Honda)
2nd. A. Macdonald (Honda)
3rd. J. Chant (Honda)
4th. B. Herbert (Red Bull Racing-Renault)
5th. F. Diaconescu (McLaren-Honda)
6th. J. Laad (Renault)
7th. S. Jednak (Ferrari)
8th. O. Wolf (Jordan-Honda)
9th. B. Utzer (Online Racing-Ferrari)
10th. S. Man (McLaren-Honda)
11th. O. Said (Online Racing-Ferrari)
12th. T. Hackel (Honk-Ferrari)
DNF S. Poirer (Viper Racing-Dodge)
DNF F. Owen (Renault)
DNF G. Ludlum (Honk-Ferrari)

Standings
S20 Championship Table.jpg

Last edited:
RDFIA OFFICIAL PRESS CONFERENCE
@Rami Saidy Congratulation on your first win, from an old teammate. How does it feel to finally have the monkey off your back?
@Alexander Macdonald You took the pole but a slow stop saw you lose the place. Thoughts on that and the late race antics?
@James Chant You took a great tally of points here, and the team are still leading rivals OR in the constructors. Plans for half season?
@Jimlaad43 You got a great finish for Renault, how is the team after @Fred Owen was unable to finish?

Remember guys, respect others thoughts
:cool: i'm watching you :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back