RACE Pro (Xbox 360)

Sorry, just saw this. If you mean for PC racing, then yes, I'm afraid you will have to get a new wheel. The MS wheel won't work with feedback plus you'll need to buy a wireless adapter for the PC too. Depends on your budget but if you want something under £100 that will give you good feedback, I'd recommend the Logitech DFGT wheel of if you want to go a little higher than that, you won't go wrong with the G27. You don't get any feedback through the pedals but they certainly have better resistance than the MS kit. Then if you've won the lottery, then perhaps the Fanatec range of wheels and pedals (I need to win the lottery LOL)
If you're mean for XBOX 360, then I think you're limited to the MS wheel or Fanatec. I know there are other wheels out there but nothing that's worth getting rid of your MS wheel for other than Fanatec.

thanks justin,, thats what i thought.. new wheel and a decent pc then it will stay racepro for now, maybe pcars later
feedback on pedals would be great i think, that is what i miss now sometimes, but mswheel is pretty good with racepro, but ive never raced with another wheel

My mistake, Tuesday you said not Monday, I mistakenly referred to Monday in my prior post, but either Tuesday (now set) or Monday wouldn't matter from my time predicament.

Pushing back 1/2 hour Tuesday would probably get me on the race, and pushing back one hour would probably get me in qualifying.

Either one is a good for me, but I know you all have obligations the next day, and i wouldn't want to be the sole cause of more inconvenience,

(P.S. - Have the Alfa and tuned it. Only had to mess with the gears. My best so far is low 39's. In comparison to you guys, this appears pretty far off the leaderboard pace.

Now, for Practice, I'm definitely there. I think that means 3pm Eastern U.S. and I'm not tied up until 4:30pm with the F1 league I run on another site. (Will be looking to join F1 2013 here though. This is a great site, it seems. Good mix of hardcore SIM racers and console racers. I could stand to learn a lot. I'd love to migrate to the PC one day.

Maybe I can pick up a few insights.

Last edited:
Perfect. That's 4:30pm Eastern U.S, I believe, unless the +1 means you are six hours ahead. But I don't think so since we both added an hour for the warm season. Should allow me to get back and settled in. Tremendous thanks for being nice to the Yankee.

BTW, the setups really helped. Yet, my fastest time is 1:39.XXX. I'm sure most or all of that is a problem exists between the wheel and the seat.

Last edited:
Never set up a race on this before so it might not go as smooth first time round :)

Just picked something simple to get us started, think the race will be around 25-30 minutes, I can adjust that for the next one if anyone has a preference.

Didn't want to mess around with organizing reverse grids or anything just now until I'm more familiar with the game, thats something we can do later on :thumbsup:
please try to set the max people in lobby at 9 ,maybe 10 when we make 10 and all have good connection,, if lobby is set to max 12 and 8 or 9 are in we will get lag

Last edited:
Now, for Practice, I'm definitely there. I think that means 3pm Eastern U.S. and I'm not tied up until 4:30pm with the F1 league I run on another site. (Will be looking to join F1 2013 here though. This is a great site, it seems. Good mix of hardcore SIM racers and console racers. I could stand to learn a lot. I'd love to migrate to the PC one day.

Maybe I can pick up a few insights.

I'll tag you when the sign ups for the new season starts and this will be our fifth season:thumbsup:

Reactions: Rob
Thanks for the note Gavin. I most likely have to send it off tommorrow so will miss this one. Its playable but needs work and not getting better.

Were you in touch with Fanatec? I sent them a video of my problem and they sent me a new wheel. I didn't have to send mine back till I received the new one and they refunded my shipping cost. winner!

I'll tag you when the sign ups for the new season starts and this will be our fifth season:thumbsup:

Gavin, that sounds great. Very looking forward to the new game, a great site, and some dedicated racers. I've raced with some of the best, created a league (http://forzasimracing.forumotion.com), and loved the sport for many years. I think pCARS will be the focus, however, of our site next year. That, and of course, xbox one, which I don't plan to get for about a year after release.

I sent a video and the same but no replacement offered!
Might email again for a better deal.
Am preparing for the RD VWEC too. 3 X 6 hour rounds. I think Calum is in there also.
Gavin when can you get into RF2 mate?.

Perfect. That's 4:30pm Eastern U.S, I believe, unless the +1 means you are six hours ahead. ButI don't think so since we both added an hour for the warm season. Should allow me to get back and settled in. Tremendous thanks for being nice to the Yankee.

BTW, the setups really helped. Yet, my fastest time is 1:39.XXX. I'm sure most or all of that is a problem exists between the wheel and the seat.
well, don't worry I'll be with you at the back to keep you company then.. just got on for a little practice session and am at 1:38.9 (Volvo S60). should have got into the 37's but twice ran wide at the fast right at the second split when a second up doh!!! great fun... forgot how good Racepro is :thumbsup:

Had a good time practicing with everyone. Apparently, you are not able to use mics? Obviously, I have a long way to go, but I am improving. Started off with 1:44 and now have gotten to 1:39. I think I can break 1:37 if I run the perfect lap in the right car. Have not tried anything but the Alfa yet.

However, it doesn't sound like my car choice, although I did match my Alfa time with a Honda (as slax suggested) on a default setup. I hate to drive anything but cockpit, but have been practicing in hood mode. Get a feel for the track better that way. Brands is new to me. Hell, the whole damn experience is new to me, so y'all go gentile. That said, I love it. I had no idea what I was missing.

There has GOT to be a company who can match this kind of feel with Forza4 looks with F1 game-play. I'm sure there is, but the market is probably the issue. Here's hoping pCARS is the savior for the xbox. If not, I may have to consider migrating to PC at the end of 2014.

The other game that gets close in my opinion (but many more drawbacks for gameplay realism) is Shift 2. I don't see any leagues on here or many elsewhere. Any suggestions? I'm trying to start one of my own but not many have it. Kind of like Race Pro. Niche market, but the realism (once you get past the kiddy B.S.) and feel are good if you can NOT play with A.I. and keep the races short. Sadly, that means a league.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.1%
  • Full game

Votes: 178 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 122 17.4%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 78 11.1%