RACE Pro (Xbox 360)

Thanks again for the time change. I love this game so much, I look forward to being a backmarker. The pit strategy just adds to the realism you can't find in other games at all. At least on xbox.

(So, I take it, there would never be a reason to pit for "repairs only" unless you damaged your car and there IS an advantage to having less fuel (is there?) because otherwise picking "fresh tires" would always get your damage repaired, and I assume you may be able to get the tires and the damage repair in less time than if you just chose damage repair? Or, does the damage repair that they dole out during the "choose tires" cycle only repair minor, but not major damage?)

Well, ran in the limbo class again. 1 sec behind the top guys, but faster than the others.

Someone gave me a big boost at the start that catapultet me into first. Couldn't hold that though. I made a late breaking move to re-claim second, but that didn't hold long.

Somehow at the end Wessel fell back to me at a pitstop. Sorry, I defended way too harsh, I hope it wasn't too bad. I wouldn't have taken your second place anyway. ;)

All a bit messy tonight but hey first time back at race pro... there's bound to be issues.
Really sorry Robert you couldn't race with the majority even though we push the time back so you could make the race. Thanks Calum for organising the whole thing even though you didn't race in the end.

The race itself was fun I was running 4th after the first lap and dropping further away around second a lap to the front guys so I was kinda lonely so slowed down for bootleg and Peter to get some dicing going. Me and Peter ended up in a close race and had similar race pace. Although that 3rd apex in the 3 right handers kept catching him out lol. Anyway we got lapped at the end so I thought like F1 the race would finish a lap early and dived up the inside fish tailing Peter off the track sorry about that. So I waited for him to get back in front and we still had another lap to go. So on the second attempt I made it stick at the last turn and maybe Peter was worried de je vue lol.

Thanks for the race see you next time.:)

I've heard this before and it's not just related to RacePro....
have a read of THIS

Checked this, and I have an open NAT. But a slow WiFi, as I'm in a hotel. Looks like weekend races (Thurs Nights included, but I know that's hard for you guys) would be the only option for me. Basically Friday or Saturday.

I want to apologize for not only creating the delay but furthering it. I really thought the connection would be ok, as I race with others on other platforms from this WiFi all the time. But maybe the old game plus a bunch of users from around the world caused a hiccup. Sorry again. Was really looking forward to it. I'll keep on playing Race Pro. Maybe we can work something else out or I can get something going stateside.

...Funny thing is a buddy and I got on Race Pro and ran a 20 lapper on line. Granted it was with AI, but he was in Ireland.

In any case, hope you had a great race and look forward to F1 2013. Justin, I contacted World Racers. Nice folks. Drafter speaks highly of this forum too.

Sorry about that last night guy's. Suspect my NAT might have been closed or set to moderate, will double check before next time. Cheers Gav, Bart and whoever else attempted to host.

Had a long day so lost patience with the game in the end and went to bed :rolleyes: hopefully next week is a bit more successful.

good racing,, good battle with bart and martin in the beginning of the race,, i was leading about 4 sec from bart, we both pitted with no tyre change,, but then when i just wanted to lap bootleg he spun right in front of me and couldnt avoid him in that fast corner, so damaged engine and steering and pitted for only tyres(and damage:))...after the 2nd pitstop i had a nice battle with martin again

Thanks for last night guys, really appreciate all the efforts to get me in to the race and hope it didn’t cause anyone else to miss out. Any idea what the issue was? Would it have been something my end, never had problems like that before.

Anyway, immense fun. once again I messed up the quali lol I don’t think I have managed to complete an online quali run as I always run out of time.

Got away from the start like a slug on crutches but wasn't adrift for too long and caught up to Cov and Bootleg on the first lap but others were waaay too quick for me!! Had some nice dicing with those two and as Gavin has mentioned we had some fun over the second half of the race too. That penultimate right hander was a pain for me all night lol Had two practice runs over the past few days and although it caught me out a few times it was nowhere near as bad as last night, couldn’t seem to carry the same speed through there and made a mess of it far too often.. usually after I had got myself ahead of someone lol. On one occasion I ended up rejoining the track right in front of Bootleg there, thought you were past me but misjudged it so sorry for that… I think I confused you after that as well as I waited to let you past and you seemed to wait for me too lol.

Once Bootleg pitted me and Gav swapped places a few times and had some good fun before he pitted while just ahead of me, I stayed out an extra lap hoping to get the jump on him and came out of the pits after just a fuel stop just as Bootleg went past and had a healthy lead over Gav (did you just re-fuel or go for tyres as well?) but spun losing me a bunch of time and allowing Gav to close in. Those first few laps after the pit I was slipping and sliding all over but gradually it came back to me and was able to hold Gav off for a while….. No worries on that last corner bump Gav, thanks for waiting to let me back past… I was a bit confused about the whole being lapped thing as well.. but happy we got in the final lap. I fancied a bit more dicing so slowed until you were up to speed a bit and paid the penalty with that nice move you pulled underneath at the final turn. I slid a bit wider than I wanted and as I got on the gas looked behind to find you nowhere until I suddenly saw you in my side window lol Nice one.. just 5/hundredths between us at the line :)

Looking forward to the next one, lets choose it nice and quick as I need to learn most tracks and cars in this game. Also hope we stick to the longer races as the pit stop definitely adds to it and longer races allow us slower types to make up for our mistakes a bit ;-) Made too many silly mistakes last night which hopefully I can eradicate with some more track time on this game, it's really come alive for me again, brilliant fun whether online or against the AI and would like to keep at it even when F1 2013 is out.

I did record it so will try to get somethg up oiver the next day or so.

Cheers again. See you on track soon :thumbsup:

Thanks again for the time change. I love this game so much, I look forward to being a backmarker. The pit strategy just adds to the realism you can't find in other games at all. At least on xbox.

(So, I take it, there would never be a reason to pit for "repairs only" unless you damaged your car and there IS an advantage to having less fuel (is there?) because otherwise picking "fresh tires" would always get your damage repaired, and I assume you may be able to get the tires and the damage repair in less time than if you just chose damage repair? Or, does the damage repair that they dole out during the "choose tires" cycle only repair minor, but not major damage?)
Shame you couldn't join Robert, I reckon we could have had some good racing at the back ;).

I am still a bit confused about the whole pitstop issue.. going to run a few races over the coming days and see if I can work out what goes on. When I select fuel only they definitely do some repairs but like you say maybe they are only minor. You can't select the amount of fuel you take on though can you? Thought they always fully filled it.

Reactions: Rob
On the dash there is a figure in the top left which is the fuel as far as I knowl. Starts each race at 36 and goes down roughly about 2 (litres?) per lap. After a pit stop it is up at 70 (I think). At least thats what it is in the WTCC cars. Damage can only be determined visually as far as I know, no indication anywhere else.....

I get the impression there are three levels of damages. First is a scrape that does not cause the wrench to appear. This can be pretty significant, at least from what I'm used to in F1 and Forza. Then, you get the dreaded "wrench". Usually, my speed and/or acceleration is compromised at this point. Then, if you keep on bangin' into things or cars, you steer funny. This is the ultimate insult. I think you can get to the point where the car is UN-drivable but I rarely get there, thank God.

That's good to know about the fuel. What about tire wear? is that in the telemetry somewhere? I noticed for the first time my tires "going away" during my 20 lapper online with a buddy. Interesting. Had damage, so I took your advice and took tire and fuel only and damage was repaired.

Then, I tried another car at Brands Hatch and shaved TWO SECONDS off of my best time. I'm not sure if it was because I can't drive Alfa's (should have known), but the Chevy Lancetti is great for me so far. I love the sound, first of all. It's not a Corvette C6.R but it's as rumbly as the WTCC goes, I think. But I got the tune so it's so smooth. Not twitchy at all, and it seems it out accelerate the Alpha big time. Maybe it was just my tune, but everything seemed to "click" with that car. I secret strategy was to find the 2007 driver who had won the most races and pick his car. Swiss gentleman, I believe. #8. I'll take it.

Good to hear about your race play by play. I'm just excited others are into this fine game. Hopefully one day I can join. If not, maybe I'll see some of you in F1.

:thumbsup:It takes quite a bash to get enough damage for the wrench to appear it seems. I had a race where I had several heavy impacts resulting in the bonnet bending up quite badly but no wrench then so maybe it doesn't appear just for body damage.

I don't think tyre wear is shown anywhere but I might be wrong on that. After a run you can go to the garage where you can check the tyre temperatures (Inner \ Middle \ Outer) but I can't recall if there was any graphical indication of the tyre wear as well. I'll
certainly check the next time on in the game.

I also tried the Lancetti briefly but I found it had a slightly raised view which I didn't particular like.. not as bad as the Merc in F1 2011 but enough to put me off using it. I liked the feel of the Volvo and fancied being a bit dirfferent from the rest lol so stuck with it but not sure how it compares to others in terms of handling and acceleration.

You'll get used to my 'brief' race reports I have a tendancy to drivel on and on lol the F1 guys are used me by now ;).

The joining problem was a nightmare but you weren't alone as it took ages before I could get in too :O_o:. You've check ed out our F1 league haven't you? You should pop along there and get involved in the chat.. bit quiet at the moment but generally there is something going on

Thanks for last night guys, really appreciate all the efforts to get me in to the race and hope it didn’t cause anyone else to miss out. Any idea what the issue was? Would it have been something my end, never had problems like that before.

Anyway, immense fun. once again I messed up the quali lol I don’t think I have managed to complete an online quali run as I always run out of time.

Got away from the start like a slug on crutches but wasn't adrift for too long and caught up to Cov and Bootleg on the first lap but others were waaay too quick for me!! Had some nice dicing with those two and as Gavin has mentioned we had some fun over the second half of the race too. That penultimate right hander was a pain for me all night lol Had two practice runs over the past few days and although it caught me out a few times it was nowhere near as bad as last night, couldn’t seem to carry the same speed through there and made a mess of it far too often.. usually after I had got myself ahead of someone lol. On one occasion I ended up rejoining the track right in front of Bootleg there, thought you were past me but misjudged it so sorry for that… I think I confused you after that as well as I waited to let you past and you seemed to wait for me too lol.

Once Bootleg pitted me and Gav swapped places a few times and had some good fun before he pitted while just ahead of me, I stayed out an extra lap hoping to get the jump on him and came out of the pits after just a fuel stop just as Bootleg went past and had a healthy lead over Gav (did you just re-fuel or go for tyres as well?) but spun losing me a bunch of time and allowing Gav to close in. Those first few laps after the pit I was slipping and sliding all over but gradually it came back to me and was able to hold Gav off for a while….. No worries on that last corner bump Gav, thanks for waiting to let me back past… I was a bit confused about the whole being lapped thing as well.. but happy we got in the final lap. I fancied a bit more dicing so slowed until you were up to speed a bit and paid the penalty with that nice move you pulled underneath at the final turn. I slid a bit wider than I wanted and as I got on the gas looked behind to find you nowhere until I suddenly saw you in my side window lol Nice one.. just 5/hundredths between us at the line :)

Looking forward to the next one, lets choose it nice and quick as I need to learn most tracks and cars in this game. Also hope we stick to the longer races as the pit stop definitely adds to it and longer races allow us slower types to make up for our mistakes a bit ;-) Made too many silly mistakes last night which hopefully I can eradicate with some more track time on this game, it's really come alive for me again, brilliant fun whether online or against the AI and would like to keep at it even when F1 2013 is out.

I did record it so will try to get somethg up oiver the next day or so.

Cheers again. See you on track soon :thumbsup:

I refueled and changed tyres but the car felt totally different when I came out and made a few mistakes on that out lap.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 127 27.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 108 23.7%
  • CPU

Votes: 55 12.1%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 83 18.2%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 51 11.2%