RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

First race in a while, fun stuff.
Couldn't get the driver tags to show - so didn't fully know who or what was going on around me.

Clipped the tyre barrier on the right hand side of the start/finish with 10 mins to go.
Thrown into a spin across the track but luckily survived.
Fronts were both :inlove:0% by the end. Ho ho.

Cheers Dennis.

It's usually the TAB key by default unless you changed this in the controller setting?

"I understand some people's frustrations when they get overtaken by a faster car" -slightly more modest please! You wasnt any faster, if we did not make a contact with Marko( if not him sorry, but i think it was him) and i won't spin at p2 you never caught me..;)

Are you out of your mind? Sure it was frustrating, because you pushed me than you passed me.. Really curious how is that legal in your point of view. Must be frustrating when you cant overtake me the half of the race, then at the last corner you have to do something...(there was a similar situation at sebring with the Radicals, two car overtaken me in the last corner and i say nothing but congrats because it was a fair battle and a fair move, but this wasnt) and not just this was the only case, you pushed me in a lot of corner in the whole race.. indeed legal...

Iam really surprised i had attended a lot of races here, but this is the first time i met with this kinda behaviour..:(

Okay, let the stopwatch decide then: 1.34.0 for me, 1.34.3 for you, which one is faster? Or is the stopwatch lying, it probably is...

Check the reply again for the last corner, clearly a clean overtake which took you by surprise, a shame that you don't have the balls to acknowledge that but that's telling about your personality,it seems.

Nice to see how you try to play the victim role ":(".

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a nice time tonigth, had a busy practice doing some setup changes, and at last minute i changed my rear wing for the qualy and it went well, i did a new personal best, but at the start of the race i had an hard time, the car was pversteering a bit too much than i expected, but after some laps i was able to get the hang of the car and it went ok after i got used to the car. I pited with 20 minutes to go and put a set of fresh tires, and i was able to set a new personal best during the first laps of the stint. At the end of the race i passed Reggie snr when he pitted and the next lap i had quite a moment when i spun going into T2 and slightly hit the wall, fortunatelly had no major damage, just a small suspension damaged that i didn't even noticed, and was able to keep in front of Reggie's snr car, in the last couple of laps i was aproaching Dennis car fast, but it wasn't fast enough.
Had a great time tonight and this race sure helped me for saturday's race, thank you for the race, congratulations top3 and see you next saturday :)

Great racing tonight.
And a lesson learned the hard way (don't defend twice ), seems the pressure got the better of me, sorry about that Matthias.

Managed my best time around here in Q, and had good pace during the race, but @justin wouldn't give up without a good fight, and a S&G meant second (which i'm happy with).

P.S. Senna at Monaco ( not the speed , just the proximity):
2013-09-26_00001.jpg

Last edited:
The back of my shirt was full of sweat!
A poor start put me behind everyone. A few laps in I had an opportunity to get by Rui so I took it, close there. And the race, Reg Snr and I duked it out for most all of the race, closing and opening, contact and and great racing. Everytime I got close, it was too close for me to maneuver, leave a gap and I would overdrive and lose ground. Eventually I found a middle ground to drive in and chose different spots to try and overtake, Lesson learned, 2nd gear was too high and once I started using first a bit it came together. Reg Snr's SnG left me a chance to catch my breath and since I had two cuts, I held back on the last few laps. I hope I can race like that more often!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Socks

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shoes

Votes: 3 18.8%