RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

We made contact indeed in the hairpin (race1) but this was due to a hit I received from Guus which catapulted me into you. Sorry for that anyway. I let you through in both races without a fight so I payed my debt, I think.

Concerning the other "complaints" of some people (race2). I gave the position back when I needed to, in other cases I got hit too. So I think it all got evened out in the end. Some faults were mine, some were yours. I understand some people's frustrations when they get overtaken by a faster car but that's part of the game. (For example: the overtake on Toth in the final corner of the final lap was completely legal and not an illegal move but I understand it must be frustrating to lose the position in the final corner).

Last edited:
351411WTCC07flyer.png
The The WTCC cars are the championship series for production, four door touring cars. The car has about 250 HP and weighs about 1100kg, is capable to reach a top speed of 260 km/h. The WTCC cars are ideal for exciting sedan racing, three days a week!

Schedule
The WTCC server will be online all week for practicing. The server is setup with an extended first practice session of 900 minutes. Please only use this practice session when racing online for fun, do not vote it round to an official qualification or race sessions unless being asked to do so.

Week 38 Start Date: Monday October 1, 2013
Week 38 End Date: Sunday October 6, 2013

Race days for official ranked sessions
Note: There are no ranked sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Friday as on those days other cars may have their official races. (see other threads)

• Tuesday October 2
  • Thursday October 4
  • Saturday October 6
Time schedule for official ranked sessions
  • WTCC '06 and '07 cars, Vauxhall Vectra excluded
  • Track, Singapore '08 [Download here]
  • Official Practice: 19:00 GMT
  • Qualification: 19:30 GMT [Superpole]
  • Warmup: 19:40 GMT
  • Race Starts: 19:50 GMT, 45 minute race
  • Race Ends: 20:35 GMT
Information
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
Password: Click here for the server password
RaceLog: After each session your fastest laptime, result and rank are published inside the RaceLog system. Click here or quickly navigate to the RaceLog section of your choice via the navigation button on the site and forums
Discuss, support, encourage and share!
This event thread will be the central thread for WTCC discussions and race reports this week.

You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Place an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification or just leave a post that you will be participating in the first upcoming race, and we very much like to see your race reports :)

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. Remember that first post where somebody else helped you for the first time, helping is nice!

Server is UP!

Last edited:
I seem to be getting worse at this racing malarky lol! I'd not done any racing for a week or Two due to work and family visiting so was struggling to be honest. I loved driving these cars though and what a great noise from the engine. Qualified in last place as per norm but I'm happy there as it gives me a chance to learn without causing too much disruption. Race One and this is a track I've always struggled with whatever game I've played and again proved a test for me. I'm using default set up and the only thing I tinker with are gears and the steering degrees mathingy lol. I normally have that about 18%. I managed to at least finish the race and my pit stop was about 12 secs with the 2 tyre changes. I got lapped 3 times by the faster guys and hopefully didn't cause you too much trouble when trying to pass me. It's great to finish a race though and I'm sure I'll get better...............maybe :roflmao:

Race 2 started and this was a nightmare. I had a decent start but totally wrecked my car on the first chicane as I saw someone else had gone off and I lost my concentration and followed them straight into the barrier. I'm sure I would have needed medical treatment after this crash and that was it, race over car un-repairable. Thanks everyone for your patience once again and see you on the track again soon.

We made contact indeed in the hairpin (race1) but this was due to a hit I received from Guus which catapulted me into you. Sorry for that anyway. I let you through in both races without a fight so I payed my debt, I think.

Concerning the other "complaints" of some people (race2). I gave the position back when I needed to, in other cases I got hit too. So I think it all got evened out in the end. Some faults were mine, some were yours. I understand some people's frustrations when they get overtaken by a faster car but that's part of the game. (For example: the overtake on Toth in the final corner of the final lap was completely legal and not an illegal move but I understand it must be frustrating to lose the position in the final corner).

"I understand some people's frustrations when they get overtaken by a faster car" -slightly more modest please! You wasnt any faster, if we did not make a contact with Marko( if not him sorry, but i think it was him) and i won't spin at p2 you never caught me..;)

Are you out of your mind? Sure it was frustrating, because you pushed me than you passed me.. Really curious how is that legal in your point of view. Must be frustrating when you cant overtake me the half of the race, then at the last corner you have to do something...(there was a similar situation at sebring with the Radicals, two car overtaken me in the last corner and i say nothing but congrats because it was a fair battle and a fair move, but this wasnt) and not just this was the only case, you pushed me in a lot of corner in the whole race.. indeed legal...

Iam really surprised i had attended a lot of races here, but this is the first time i met with this kinda behaviour..:(

Last edited:
949866ING200flyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM V8IM
Car: V8 Supercars 2010 IroMan version (see Download and install post)
Track: AMS Renault test track
Weather: Dry
Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:50 GMT: Warmup
20:00 GMT: Race (49 laps)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically.

At the moment qualification starts and not all places are taken reserves can go into the server.

Track map
880743Trackmap.png
Starting procedure

This event will be in the spirit of the V8 Supercars event meaning that we will use a standing start.

Pitting procedure

to avoid any pitting incident please follow those simple rules, the pit exit is in T1 so stay to the right of the track until after T2. The pit entry is at T12 so you will have to map a quick chat button saying " Your name is pitting " that you will use on the straight before T10.

Cutting rules

Two wheels must remain in between the white lines at all time there is no exception on this track. if you happen to cut during qualification you are required to abort the lap by lifting the throttle enought so it won't be your best time. If you cut during the race make sure your no gaining any advantage and if you do it is required to lift the throlttle for 1 second.

Signing Up:
This is a special event so before you sign up keep in mind that it will be a very long race so think carefully before signing up. there will be 25 spots open as follow, 10 Ford's (all the Ford liveries) and 15 Holden's so when you sign up use the following format:

Your name:
Team/Driver:

Entrylist:
Holden Commodore:

1. Team Vodafone - Graig Lowndes
  2. Team Vodafone - Joao Borges
  3. Toll Holden Racing - Garth Tander
  4. Toll Holden Racing - Reggie Blain
  5. Jack Daniels Racing - Justin Swan
  6. Jack Daniels Racing - Gijs van Elderen
  7. Brad Jones Racing -Arunas Linkevicius
  8. Brad Jones Racing - Jason Bright
  9. Bundaberg Red Racing - Andrew Thompson
  10. Bundaberg Red Racing - Fabian Coulthard
  11. Garry Rogers Motorsport - Lee Holdsworth
  12. Garry Rogers Motorsport - Krisztián tóth
  13. Castrol Racing - Andrew James
  14. Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport - Daniel Gaunt
  15. Supercheap Auto Racing - Matthias Klein
Ford Falcon
  1. Stone Brothers Racing - Tony Gentile
  2. Stone Brothers Racing - Richard Hill
  3. Ford Performance Racing - Marty Pierce
  4. Ford Performance Racing - Steven Richards
  5. Jim Beam Racing - Steven Johnson
  6. Jim Beam Racing - Yves Larose
  7. Triple F Racing - David Frey
  8. Tekno Autosport (DJR) - Jonathon Webb
  9. James Rosenberg Racing - Tim Slade
  10. Rod Nash Racing - Paul Dumbrell
Normal font = not taken
Bold Font = Taken

Server is UP!

Last edited:
Download and installation

First time

If it's the first time downloading and installing the mod follow these instructions.
  • download the mod (Download) extract to your main Race 07 installation folder.
  • download the patch (Download) extract to your main Race 07 installation folder.
  • download the IronMan version (Download) extract to your main Race 07 installation folder and if asked to overwrite let it do it.
Already have the mod install

if you have the mod already install follow these instructions even if you took part of the last IronMan.
  • download the IronMan version (Download) extract to your main Race 07 installation folder and if asked to overwrite let it do it.
if you have any questions feel free to post them or send a PM to Yves Larose and he will answer your questions.

IronMan Modifications

thanks to FVRFactor (FlashQld) the original creator of the mod for rFactor and to Gunthar Rowe the for the convertion to the Race 07 Series for the wonderful mod and for giving me the permission (Yves Larose) to make and use the modifications to the mod for the IronMan event. The modifications that were made are the following:
  • The fuel tank capacity is now of 75 liters compare to the 124 liters originaly.
  • The fuel consumption have been slightly increase.
  • The Hard tyres compound is not available.
  • The tyres wear rate have been reworked to match the track and the new fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption settings.

New to the series

To make things even more like the real series we are now using the fix gear box meaning its no more adjustable and everyone is using the same gearing. At each race the gearing might change depending on the track, how the gearing is determined is by the end of the longest straight we either very close to the rev limiter or hit it just as we are about to brake ( no more then 1 second on the rev limiter). There are 4 gear box available and they are the real series one.

Why are we not running the 2012 version

The answer to that question is simple, there is a problem with the mod that need to be solve first, the grip level at the rear is not what it should be once we hit the race session making the car very oversteering in corner.

969365Formula3000flyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IFM
Car: F3000
Track: Singapore '08 [Download]
Weather:
Dry

20:00 GMT: Race (2 x 30 Minutes Mandatory Pit Stop w/ minimum 2 tires changed)

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Krisztián Tóth
  3. Guus Verver
  4. Nicolai Nicholson
  5. Alberto Casado
  6. Bob Luneski
  7. Eliezer Bartik
  8. Richard Hill
  9. Krzysztof Babij
  10. Janko Balej
  11. Reggie Blain Snr
  12. Jim Brailsford
  13. Reggie Blain
  14. David Turnbull
  15. Matthias Klein
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Server is UP!

Last edited:
955692MimiFridayFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Car: Mini
Track: Singapore '08 [Download]
Weather:
Dry

20:00 GMT: Race (80 Minutes)

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Michael Nelson
  3. Aaron Channer
  4. Kamil Paczos
  5. Otto Neckel
  6. Justin Swan
  7. Namgung Joong-Ki
  8. Krzysztof Babij
  9. Andrew James
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Server is UP!

Last edited:
Yes please.

Not sure about the cars, so I am going to pick at random. Feel free to give me another car if someone else really wants this one.

Andrew James
Castrol Racing - Greg Murphy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back