RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Yep, that is what my replay shows too. ;)

Very strange. My replay clearly shows you recovering from the initial crash, driving on up the road for a while (with no obvious tyre / wheel damage), then slowly driving into the wall at the next turn (possibly while typing the chat???).

It all looked like one of those unfortunate racing incidents that happen from time to time. Best to just accept the bad luck, learn from it, and move on. :)

EDIT: I might add that cutting that line in turn 1 did seem popular with many drivers. :(
Was this in the race after lap one or just lap one Do you know mate?

I was only referring to turn 1 for lap 1. I didn't look at this for the whole of the race. I doubt anyone would want to cut there during the race. :unsure:
That's cool. I don't think I did as I think a car was spun there if I remember correctly.however, if it was just first lap, maybe people were trying to avoid collisions. As long as no collisions would happen or positions gained that wouldn't,t be too bad....then again, looks like someone did collide because of it...doh!

Yeah you get a warning/penalty when you cut that bit I think, at least I did in practice when I didn't realize there was a white line there at first :D

I would think that if you cut the white line there, which is somewhat before the ideal turn in point once you are up to full speed, you would end up either hitting the inside wall or drifting too wide and ruining your exit. Or drifting into another car on the correct line if trying to "divebomb" ;) .

Did you look at a replay? Seriously, you were cutting the corner, off the track, out of the bounds of the track surface, beyond the white line with all four wheels, before you were hit by someone else in the same situation. T-boned, get real.

If everyone feels this way, my bad then.

I've never noticed a white line. I've driven this track on different games and always thought the walls define the track limits in turn 1 and the last turn. My tv is not HD, that's probably why never noticed the white lines and never looked for them.

Whenever there are walls, like a street circuit, I always assume that's the track limit and it's fun to drive close to them.

Edit: I've never been given a warning for cutting the track at Sebring.

At Racedepartment we have rules. found Here
These are the rules you agreed to when getting your licence.
  • Do not deliberately cut the track. The white (or yellow) lines mark the edge of the road. Do not cross them with more than two wheels.
This is just one of the rules we like all driver to stick to.
usually if there are any special rules they will be posted in the club post in the sign up section...
now please all take the time to look at these rules...

Now please stick to the rules and make it fair for all who race. Yes its that simple...:)

if you are unsure about any of the rules you can ask a member of staff and im sure they will clarify any point of the rules you are unsure about:)

Duco, i'm really sorry for what happened to you. hopefully you don't give up on RD races. Because they do have clean starts. I think this is the first serious start-incident that I've seen.

i can't buy you a beer. My pc can't stand alcohol. But i can put myself on the rear of the grid when we are in the same race again. If you'll do the same: We can fight this out in a clean battle.

hopefully we can bury this situation, and look forward to next events.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/f3000-spa-tuesday-30th-july-2013.72541/

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/wtcc-poznan-thursday-1st-august-2013.72603/

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...ix-friday-2nd-august-2013.72656/#post-1490648

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...ncia-national-saturday-3rd-august-2013.72723/

guy's can we burry this please and move on. i also have to take part of the responsability on this the track bonderies should have been specified by me but i assume that everybody would understand that the inside wall at the last corner and first corner is the track bondery and not the white line like it is in real life, as you can see in the video the guy go as close as possible to the wall at those 2 corners. sorry for not specifying it before the event and i assure you it won't happen again.

i think the white line went into the wall.. its before the wall where you could maybe cut but personally i didn't see that as a good line. also it has no bearing on spacial awareness of other cars so in don't see any blame on Yves Larose

anyway a few things on the mod...

i nearly went into the back of Daniel because his brake lights were barely visible, same with a few cars.
in practice i had what appeared to be a ghost car stuck inside mine, a race against AI would have invisible cars.

i wonder if this has anything to do with 2nd place unable to pitstop.

also what is happening with Racelog? an issue with the code or the log file? with what seems to be a buggy mod is this the cause?

anyways this was good fun, never drove these cars before and while i seemed to have some inconsistent braking sometimes they go sideways nicely and easy to catch.

the fuel and tire adjustments were spot on and made it interesting while keeping the pit windows very similar.

great job Yves Larose :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back