RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I was having frame speed issues so i pulled out.

I also had to screw down my settings as I was getting stuttering on this track, I tried another track and everything was ok so I think that it is just this circuit that causes the low frame rates.

My race was very enjoyable, I spent most of it either behind or in front of Dennis, sometimes side by side :cautious:. I made it into the top ten due to Rupe's end of race problems, but top 10 is good for me:)
Thanks to everyone who organised and took part in this event:thumbsup:

726583WTCC87flyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RETR
Car: WTCC '87
Track: Valencia National
Weather: Dry
Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:50 GMT: Warmup
20:00 GMT: Race (2 x 22 Minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
  1. Andrew James
  2. Justin Swan
  3. Daniel Linder
  4. Reggie Blain Snr
  5. Reggie Blain
  6. Yves Larose
  7. Gijs van Elderen
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
utp#10Server is UP!

Last edited:
I thought that maybe with plenty of time on track and having run through so many setup iterations and having a good feeling with the car that I might be competitive. As Quali progressed I could see I would still be at the bottom of the classification so a bit bummed, stayed in the pit. Managing to only have to slow a bit for the gathering in T1 and not receiving any damage when I ran afoul of the Guus & Warren love nest. L1 did in fact end up giving me a good feeling. I had a good plan for pitting and stuck to it and it ended up putting me in a position to have a great fight with Norman and Jason for ten laps or so. I can't think of too many times I've been with two other drivers for so long and only about 1-2 seconds between us. Certainly we "flubbed " a bit under the pressure but it was always close and fair! I "Flubbed" enough on my own but never hit anything or got damage, that was good!

I hope Rupe can find out why his fuel consumption was so high. Warren' car had much more understeer in the race than in any practice. In looking at the replay Warren, I can see that after Guus hit you there was a huge dent in your rear bumper and I think that was the cause of your problem.

Most of the racing looked to be fair and clean, but I haven't looked at the entire race. Seems the tussle at the first corner greatly affected only drivers that crossed over the white line with all four wheels, of course there's no telling what can happen when you're out of bounds! Guus wanted to make up time quickly, his first bump took out only himself, the second Warren and I, but a trooper, he waited for us to rejoin before starting up again eventually coming in on the podium.

You all know that this even and the preliminary run two weeks ago would not have happened without the desire and dedication of Yves Larose. His love of fast RWD cars brought you all this event, I was just the messenger. He prepared all the flyers and promotional goodies, picked the venues and made the special edition of the mod to make the event a real challenge. Please send him a PM thanking him for his effort and maybe he'll do it again for us!

Lastly, a Thanks to all that signed up and made the race! What would it be without you.

Having a hissy fit on chat and trying to restart the server was pathetic as was this post.

Watch the replay and it's not nearly as bad as you make out, could even be said that you cut across in front of him. Either way mistakes/accidents happen and this is not the correct manor to deal with them.

You clearly have pace so even if you kept going you could have caught up with the pack and still had a good race, no need to rage quit just because of 1 incident.

Well, when I got t-boned I couldnt keep my car straight and got hit by lots of cars going full speed. My front tyre had fallen off and damage was unrepareable, I had to retire, this was not my choice. Now, I assumed all those cars that hit me and the mess I saw from my point of view, that I probably wasn't the only one who's car was unrepareable damaged, that's why I voted for a restart.
Clearly I was dissapointed, having signed up like 2 weeks before the event and having practiced a few times, so I was really looking forward to it.

What's even worse than making a mistake is someone who doesn't admit his mistake. The guy clearly hit me quite hard from behind, long after I had turned in. I did not turn in on him. He was never alongside at any point. Shifting blame is pathetic.

I'm just here to have a good time, to race seriously and I don't expect to be taken out after turn 1 when the race is like 65 minutes. Please join public lobbies then, or maybe I should join a different league.

Did you look at a replay? Seriously, you were cutting the corner, off the track, out of the bounds of the track surface, beyond the white line with all four wheels, before you were hit by someone else in the same situation. T-boned, get real.

Yep, that is what my replay shows too. ;)

Well, when I got t-boned I couldnt keep my car straight and got hit by lots of cars going full speed. My front tyre had fallen off and damage was unrepareable, I had to retire, this was not my choice. Now, I assumed all those cars that hit me and the mess I saw from my point of view, that I probably wasn't the only one who's car was unrepareable damaged, that's why I voted for a restart.

Very strange. My replay clearly shows you recovering from the initial crash, driving on up the road for a while (with no obvious tyre / wheel damage), then slowly driving into the wall at the next turn (possibly while typing the chat???).

It all looked like one of those unfortunate racing incidents that happen from time to time. Best to just accept the bad luck, learn from it, and move on. :)

EDIT: I might add that cutting that line in turn 1 did seem popular with many drivers. :(

sign me up please

Just done some laps and what a lovely combo :D btw for setups you can take a look at the PrestoGP forums, they have setup threads. No setup for spa but a setup for another track will work just fine with some alterations I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back