RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Judgging from the post-race reports i was lucky that i couldn't attend this race.....

I have to strongly disagree on that Ross, i,m sure the majority of top ranked drivers don't care what rank position they occupy. If anything the opposite is closer to the truth. You'll find good & bad apples everywhere , good race craft is independent of someone's speed on track.

Don't get me wrong mate, having a fun, clean race is far more important than winning or beating people highly ranked. I honestly hand on heart would rather have a fantastic battle for 11th/12th than ram my way to the win or ruin someone's race trying to gain positions. Of course, collisions are part of racing and it's enividable for anyone who races more than once a year :D
And of course, there are many guys who don't care about ranking's but still would like to get up a few positions when they have their "Racing head" on so to speak. Guys like yourself, Keith, Jesper etc. are extremely clean racers, I've had the privilege to battle all 3 of you before, and I never had any negative words against you guys, but it is very easily to slip in "ranking mode" at least I feel like that sometimes, sorry If I'm speaking on behalf of people wrongly.

Sign me up please, was 50/50 to decide whether I would, but after reading post #2 (brilliant post by the way :thumb:) I feel hopefully the public server style weeks we have had in the passed our behind and we can go back to the good old days of club racing, will do some practise over the weekend and see if I can keep up with James :wink:

Hahaha, typical RM-typo... Saturday morning is what I ment, but I seem to keep skipping one day ahead this week, with adding one number to all the dates and so on... :tongue:

But I will find out by tomorrow night then :D

Phil, I just uploaded my setup. You can find it where Eric and the others are.

I usually find there there is little difference between my setup and one of theirs as far as quickest lap goes. One that I've worked on hopefully meets my limits and demands and hopefully is more consistent with me as the driver. Speed is more of a driver based thing, Keith Tyler, Eric and others have no real trouble jumping from one car to another. The fast guys go fast, probably even in my car.

So much of what a makes a setup good for you is in the setup for the wheel. How much lock you set goes with how many degrees of wheel rotation you have as well as any car or track consideration. Sensitivities for steering as well as brake/throttle and clutch[even if it's just a button] can make someone elses setup useless. To go further, your field of view can make a big difference in how you react to what you see.

Hint, turn up the volume for skid and brake squeal, it's not set loud enough at default for someone struggling to stay on track to hear. Then listen for it! It doesn't pay to turn the wheel much more than the point where you're making noise.

Importantly, you're going to have to learn how to setup a car even if you use others setups. You may not have to modify them much but you're going to have style of driving and your car should fit it. Some of the changes you make you'll see in lap time. Some of the laptime changes you see will be driving just plain improving ;^). With some changes a car will just feel better. Strive to pick out the handling traits you don't like and pick something to change, if moving thru the range of settings doesn't do anything, it's not the operative item, try another one.

And of course nothing beats laps. Ot tracks I have trouble at I spend a lot of time behind the wheel and usually feel better for it.

I don't know how much you know, no intention to belittle you or make myself seem big here. I'm just a midpack runner myself.
Good Luck!

Guys yet again my race 2 is brought to an end because people are not able to complete a first lap with out contact, I feel like I'm racing in public servers here, I shall be making a race report to bjorn (sorry mate) but until further notice I will be withdrawing from all euro club events until this situation is resolved there should be no contact in IFM this is unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 220 17.8%
  • Socks

Votes: 669 54.0%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 56 4.5%
  • Shoes

Votes: 157 12.7%