RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well Phil I can tell you this is going to be a bit beastly in these cars........they have a ton of PULL but be alert as that power will bite you quickly coming on throttle off a corner.

I have a setup or ttwo online I think as well....

but man you can;t beat the sound of these! BIG BORE V8 all the way!

This event was good fun and I got to learn another track I havnt raced yet. Maybe we can do another event at this track sometime. I was thinking Radicals might be fun here :tongue:.

Qual: I went out with Erics setup, which I had been practicing with, and tried 4 or 5 laps but wasnt able to put in a time I was happy with. Keith uploaded his last min. so I loaded that up and went out for a couple more tries. Took some getting used to but I pulled out a second place to start the race with just a few seconds left on the timer.

R1: Got a good start but fall back to 3rd before the first corner. I try to bide my time as Keith and Rhys race for the lead. Eventually a mistake happens and Im able to move into 2nd. On lap six Rhys makes an inside move in turn one and "sacrifices" me to the limerock gods :tongue:. Rejoined in 3rd and would eventually make it to 2nd but I drop my left rear wheel in the final right hander and lose it into the sand and barely touch the tire barrier. Id rejoin in 4th where I would finish.

R2: Sorry to you Phil for takin you out at start. When you let off to let us by on the inside I was looking in my mirrors and couldnt react fast enough to miss you. Atleast not without taking everyone to the right of me out of the race. After giving a position back to Phil I drive hard to try and catch the guys up ahead. It seemed like almost everyone had some sort of incident and by the halfway mark I was up to 4th and fighting Eric for 3rd. I tried to get by for 10-11 laps but wasnt able to make a move. Another 4th place finish for me and another fun race in the Minis.

It was good to see some new and some old faces out there. Thanks Eric and RD for the event! Ill see ya guys next Wednesday.

well said chris

If people just follow the car in front for a couple of laps they can see where they are better then the car in front so that way they no if they can brake that little bit later or not and you can see where you are stronger and where you are not so strong.

Exactly. Why do you think that the better drivers (Keith Barick, Oliver Wickens etc) don't just attack right away. They wait to see if the person in front of them will either make a mistake, or follow them enough to know at which points on the track they are faster at. Trying to overtake at each and every corner, people who always leave the racing line to attemp an overtake, are people that cause the most accidents. Following someone round the corner on the racing line, and focusing on getting a better exit is one way to overtake. This is because if you get alongside someone, you've got a much better chance of passing them, or just having some great side by side racing.

No problem Tyler. Racing incident! I was wanting to let faster cars take the inside but didn't want to run off on the outside, so perhaps slowed more than necessary. Good idea to practice taking the outside of T1 as fast as possible so as not to slow others unnecessarily. Since I'll be near the back of the finish line for a while I suspect, reverse grid means I'll probably be near the front on Race 2, so I will practice taking that first turn on the outside!

Judgging from the post-race reports i was lucky that i couldn't attend this race.....

Definitely not, if anything the lower ranked racers are more clean that the higher ranked ones (pushing too hard to get up positions to get more points - something I think everyone in the Top 50/60 has done before :D)

I have to strongly disagree on that Ross, i,m sure the majority of top ranked drivers don't care what rank position they occupy. If anything the opposite is closer to the truth. You'll find good & bad apples everywhere , good race craft is independent of someone's speed on track.

offline, 1:47526 Corvette Max revs.
online, 1:48xx Corvette Almost default. bit more tyre pressure.

Experience a bit of understeering but im faster then when im using the Aston Martin. (that seems to have some oversteering to me)

So still some seconds to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 217 17.7%
  • Socks

Votes: 660 53.9%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 55 4.5%
  • Shoes