RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well, this is one track that I have to put lots of laps on before I can see it straight.I find too many little things that have to be done correctly, all in one lap. If I can’t come up with a rhythm, a few "plan B’s" and a forgiving car then I’m toast. We’ve raced here enough that I knew the track a bit and also had a bit of a car to start with.

Almost two years in Race 07 and I’m always learning about the cars and coming up with info that changes the direction of my setups. This year I can actually drive a default car as well as one of Keith’s or Eric’s! In preping for this race I put in over 150 laps in practices and time attacks. After a few sessions trimming the car out I ran full race length stints. While I had the suspension tuned pretty early the choice of what gearing to use took a while, last practice even. In my garage were several cars that could do a mid-59 sec lap, I wanted a car that would do mid 60’s all race long. In the end I had a car I could daydream in and still stay on track, not that that was my intention but it did run mid 60s all race and dip into the 59’s. I’m thrilled!

Q: I decided to go out with three laps worth of fuel and get at least two runs in. I got 5 good laps in but none were that fast.
R1: Everyone got off well, I think? Marty was in my mirrors and looked to challenge until he dropped a wheel off the outside of the last turn. I became part of an ever expanding universe with no one in sight until Rhys and Tyler got together in front of me but they quickly gathered it up and left. The pit stop came off nicely and back into the void of outer space I went till the race was over. No mid 59 this race but did get a 60.000 second lap!

R2: Another good launch, Eric E slows on the inside of T1 letting me by but Marty has pounced on everyone. At S/F Keith and Eric N are inside me and we’re three wide entering T1 with Keith making the best of his draft one me. Rhys chases me for a lap and I’m really trying o keep him at bay but I’m wide in the esses, he takes advantage and is past, I’m about where I should be. Eric has an off and is on my tail, he makes a nice pass on me at the end of the back straight to regain P2. Keith and Tyler both pass me while I’m in the pit and back ontrack I’m again in the void of the universe, only seeing Phil before the race ends. Bummer being passed while in the pit, at least I did get to run a sub 60 sec lap.

Great fun! Maybe it was a good thing there wasn’t too much traffic, just lapping was great. Loved the addition of pitstops!

Thanks Eric, all the drivers and RD for a good time.

I'm again in the void of the universe, only seeing Phil before the race ends.

Yes, I think everyone got to see me at least once in each race. :)

I've got a lot to learn, but I think i've found a great group to learn from. I learn a lot from reading these race recaps, which I really enjoy.

I'd like to try out your setup if possible, Dennis. Eric showed me how to get his, and his was the one I raced with. Didn't have much practice in it, and it was looser and harder to keep on the track than default, but it made several corners faster for me and shaved a second or two for me. I'm sure the main problem was my line. Still I managed a lot of 1:03 and even 1:02 laps (on those laps when i didn't have to slow for a faster car to pass/lap me) and one 1:01 so i'm pretty happy with that as a beginner.

I'd also welcome any ffb setting suggestions for the Mini or the ATCC cars. I have a new G27 (first racing wheel for me!!) as well that i'm also getting used to. I love the way it feels in NetKar but am not happy with the feel in Race yet.

Anyone done some laps round here yet? I've uploaded what probably is a slow TA in my Alfa using SimBin's Road America setup. It currently sits at 1:57.xx but I know I can go faster, just a quick go around seen as this is a very new track.

What are the other humans and aliens doing?

well said chris

If people just follow the car in front for a couple of laps they can see where they are better then the car in front so that way they no if they can brake that little bit later or not and you can see where you are stronger and where you are not so strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 217 17.8%
  • Socks

Votes: 660 54.0%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 54 4.4%
  • Shoes

Votes: 157 12.8%