RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Thanks for that very helpful information Dennis. I'm a beginner, so tons of useful info here for me. I was interested in your setup because of the way you described your driving style, which seems to favor stability. I completely understand how it's mostly the driver that makes for fast laps, but thought it would be interesting to compare the setups of you and Eric and the default to try to learn a few things.

I think there is a setup guide on here somewhere, and I do need to start working on that. I guess I was thinking I'd just go with the default for a while, since they seem pretty stable, and wait until I'm a better driver to start tweaking, but I think it won't hurt to begin exploring some basic things like gear ratios for each track, and trying to find out which settings make the most difference for me. I'm clueless about lock (and a wheel is a new thing for me as well...but I'm liking my G27...so much better than a joystick!).

So, thanks for including some basic philosophy of setting up here as well. And I'll change those tire and brake volumes right away!

For the most nice racing.

Q: 5th i think. Really bad lap. Looked like i went wide at every corner.

Race:

Had a oke start needed to back off behind Alexander and that dropped me to 6th. Following laps i went to 4th. Stayed there almost for the whole race. Until Bruno spun and i got third. Was happy with that despite all the stupid mistakes i made.

Race 2:

Had a very good start and won a couple of places. Just barely managed to avoid Alexander who got tapped in turn 2.
Was second after that, overtook Kelvin after some laps. But Andreas was close already and had great pace. So lost P1.
Fighted off Kelvin after that. Finally got a gap but offcourse messed it up. He overtook me but i had a low downforce setup so i got him on the straight. Braked at the normal point but still got tapped. Kelvin waited how it must be down. Still my race was messed up with lost wing etc. Pitting took ages. Finished 17th i think.

Thanks for organising Bjorn.

i lose counting to Chris. I don't remember how many time i've been hit...
You most be very strong, not to do the samething

But the track is still great, nothing is gonna change that. That's for sure!! ;-))

Stefan to my dissapointment it was the people who were up front that started the uneeded kaos, I refer to my post from yesterdays WTCC event and for those in this race that may not have read it it was in post #108

ok 1st race was ok for me, second started not that great, got taged into Les Combs didn't see who it was, this sent me into another car in the way to the wall.

me :redface: , i´m sorry - i came long the straight with Ronny on the right. After pass him thought the track is free and went back to the left for the next corner and oversight you there. My reaction was to late and we touched, i spin and you went unlucky into Rafael. I´m sorry, i misjudged the situation there.
Aditional to the incident in front it was a bit a chaotical situation and so one incident came to next one. But apart from this i had great racing then with everybody till i took the lead. The IFM is really fun to drive and together with Spa ... :), great event - Thanks for opening and to everybody for racing together.

New to the game and not sure if I like it enough yet. Found it to have a lot more grip than rFactor which allowed me to get up to speed pretty quickly. Didn't mess around too much with the setup, just practiced doing laps.

Quali: Did a good lap but ran slightly wide at the bus stop. P12 with a PB, I was very happy with that.

Race 1: Made a slowish start and was passed by a couple of cars. Soon gained those places back as a few cars went off at Les Combes. Had a small battle with someone (sorry forgotten name) and ttried to go around the outside in fagnes as he held the inside, this allowed someone else to get down the inside of me but then turned left into the side of me for the second part which cost me a place. Followed Stefan for a couple of laps changing places occasionally and then coming out of Kemmel he slowed up and pulled off the track, no idea what happened though. A few laps later was in a good 10th place and then came across a couple of cars on the exit of Blanchimont facing the wrong way. Didn't have a lot of time to react and just couldn't avoid them. Sorry to Renan for the crash which took us both out.

Race 2: Started P20 and made a great getaway overtaking one car on the line and right behind another. Decided to follow them into Eau Rouge as its not a safe place to pass even if the start line was just before it. Unfortunately the car behind didn't think the same and I spun off. When I finally recovered I was last. Caught up to Sheldon but as I went to pass I got squeezed onto the grass on the run down to rivage. Couldn't stop the car quickly because of it and slightly tagged sheldon on entry but managed to keep it close to the curb for the rest of the corner but we made contact again and Sheldon went around. Unsure as to whether it was my fault I slowed and let him back past again. Got past him again and a couple of others who had retired, and Ivo who pitted but finished in a lowly 16th.

Thanks Bjorn, RD, and all those who raced.

Sign me up please, was 50/50 to decide whether I would, but after reading post #2 (brilliant post by the way :thumb:) I feel hopefully the public server style weeks we have had in the passed our behind and we can go back to the good old days of club racing, will do some practise over the weekend and see if I can keep up with James :wink:

To be honest, the last time I posted a practice time on here, people ended up being 3 seconds faster on the server anyway :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 220 17.8%
  • Socks

Votes: 669 54.0%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 56 4.5%
  • Shoes

Votes: 157 12.7%