Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Hits??? Or would u call it hard racing? Coz from my point of view u tried to squeeze me everywhere i tried to make a move...and u wasnt the only one with a damaged car. Im not complaining. U defended hard...and well. But as for me hitting u. Id say thats unfair. Watch the replay.

If you look, I didn't say that you hit me, I just said there were hits, didn't point a blame

Just moved apartment and at the moment it doesn't look like I'll have the time to take part in the rest of the season. Also not sure whether I can get my wheel setup being where the tv is at the moment. If I cant get the wheel setup I'd be happy to do some safety car driving or something like that just to stay involved. Maybe I'll have more time and a better wheel setup for next season. Ill keep you guys updated.
That sucks Matt, I hope you can still find a way to join us some rounds and be able to race! It's a bit shitty when life gets in the way, especially in a competitive series like this...
Good luck settling into your new place mate

@Ben Milden This Shows What I Was Trying To Explain lol Didnt Mean To Be A Arse Or Anything But From The Footage You Can See Im Taking The Racing Line As From What I Seen In That Moment You Weren't Alongside under Braking Into The Turn And As Can See I Hold Right As Long As Possible And Because I Didnt See You On The Left Into Corner I Took My Racing Line i dont see you Until Im Mid Corner on The Apex When Contact Occurs :) No Hard Feelings Mind Just Hope The Footage Clears Up My Side @Andrew Holmes Thank You For The Footage

Last edited:
Just moved apartment and at the moment it doesn't look like I'll have the time to take part in the rest of the season. Also not sure whether I can get my wheel setup being where the tv is at the moment. If I cant get the wheel setup I'd be happy to do some safety car driving or something like that just to stay involved. Maybe I'll have more time and a better wheel setup for next season. Ill keep you guys updated.
Damn that sucks. I just moved to a new house just to accommodate my racing addiction. I now have a designated room just to drive in. Keep working at it man you will figure it out, you can't give up on racing that easily. This race is likely to have some rain, so we will need a Safety Car most likely. But I prefer a Virtual one.

RACE REPORT

Feature Race: Q – P6 | R – P2
Crazy race, absolutely crazy. Didn’t really take in what cars were ahead of me on the grid because I was still fuming about being blocked by Teix in Qualifying and then distracted by Lance on my last lap. So I got a good start, had to slam my steering wheel left to avoid the seemingly stationary Aston of @Ben Milden; I was very lucky @Ben McCluskey had a torrid start as well so I could slot in. Got pinched on the inside of T1 but survived, and got blown away by Ben’s Aston on the straight up to T2. I then got a massive slide on going up the hill, and let Liam and Benji through. That left me in P7 on the first lap, and I had to get my head down.
Set off after Benji, and he seemed so slow in the middle sector; the issue was he pulled away so much on the straights. I decided there was no way I was able to make my way past without an error from him, so I sat back and waited. Benji managed to get past @LIAMATTHURSO into the chicane, I then got past a lap later when he out-braked himself. I then went back after Benji and tried the undercut. Ben had already pitted and I came out right behind him, still in front of Liam. Our small group was catching up to another group ahead, as Benji came back out of the pits right in front of me.
@Gareth Williams couldn’t get around Skyline’s Aston, so the field bunched up. Some mayhem ensued and I managed to bypass @Adam Morris. I then got by Gazza at the top of the hill when he made a mistake. I then pressured Benji into putting a wheel on the kerb which sent him flying. So I was now P3 behind Omari and Ben. Ben then pulled off the circuit with an engine failure, which left me second. There was no way I was catching @omari watson 1, so I tried for Fastest Lap Points. On the last lap in a ditch effort to gain the points I clipped the wall before dropping downhill in the middle sector, therefore I ended up in the gravel. Just got away with it and came home a very happy second.

Sprint Race: S – P7 | R – P3
Got a decent start, just missed the Benji / Gaz shunt on the grid and ended up P5. Ben absolutely drove past Liam on the straight, and as he went wide at T2, I passed him on the inside. I then got onto keeping with Ben; there was no way that was going to happen, but capitalised when he caught and passed @Lance Loomis. Managed to get past Lance and then go after Ben. I continually dropped back into Lance’s clutches, and resisted the pressure till the end. Well done to @adam
Apologies for the knock I was trying to just turn in behind you. I wouldn't call it blocking considering I was on a hot lap myself . I don't have to move out your way on a hot lap. I felt really bad about the incident though as it was just a general accident , I had actually let you passed when I saw how deep you got on the brakes and was literally trying to tuck back in behind you but the slightest clip and it "magnetised" us. Can only apologise pal. Tried flashing you as the international sign of sorry!

That Blows. What is wrong with the configuration in the room that won't allow you to set up your wheel? Are there other wheel mount alternatives that you could get to allow you to sit in front of the TV?

Apologies for the knock I was trying to just turn in behind you. I wouldn't call it blocking considering I was on a hot lap myself . I don't have to move out your way on a hot lap. I felt really bad about the incident though as it was just a general accident , I had actually let you passed when I saw how deep you got on the brakes and was literally trying to tuck back in behind you but the slightest clip and it "magnetised" us. Can only apologise pal. Tried flashing you as the international sign of sorry!
Ah sorry mate it looked like you'd had an adventure in the middle sector so I thought you'd abandoned it. My bad dude, I was initially really annoyed because I was 6 tenths off and on for P2, but thinking back it's my mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 256 18.2%
  • Socks

Votes: 770 54.8%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 66 4.7%
  • Shoes

Votes: 171 12.2%