Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I'll be in for sure. I've just been slammed with work. 3 12+ hour days in a row and I have one more ahead of me. I haven't been getting home until 8 or 9pm. Didn't expect this to hit me, but at least I'll be compensated for it. I look forward to next week, as I'm itching to race at this point.

I'll be in for sure. I've just been slammed with work. 3 12+ hour days in a row and I have one more ahead of me. I haven't been getting home until 8 or 9pm. Didn't expect this to hit me, but at least I'll be compensated for it. I look forward to next week, as I'm itching to race at this point.
I feel for you. I am on my 7th of a 9 day night stretch 12hr shifts. Get 2 days off then I am on 11 straight. Mon ~ Thurs day shift then Fri ~ Thurs night shifts all 12hr days.

Just moved apartment and at the moment it doesn't look like I'll have the time to take part in the rest of the season. Also not sure whether I can get my wheel setup being where the tv is at the moment. If I cant get the wheel setup I'd be happy to do some safety car driving or something like that just to stay involved. Maybe I'll have more time and a better wheel setup for next season. Ill keep you guys updated.

Last edited:
RACE REPORT

Feature Race: Q – P6 | R – P2
Crazy race, absolutely crazy. Didn’t really take in what cars were ahead of me on the grid because I was still fuming about being blocked by Teix in Qualifying and then distracted by Lance on my last lap. So I got a good start, had to slam my steering wheel left to avoid the seemingly stationary Aston of @Ben Milden; I was very lucky @Ben McCluskey had a torrid start as well so I could slot in. Got pinched on the inside of T1 but survived, and got blown away by Ben’s Aston on the straight up to T2. I then got a massive slide on going up the hill, and let Liam and Benji through. That left me in P7 on the first lap, and I had to get my head down.
Set off after Benji, and he seemed so slow in the middle sector; the issue was he pulled away so much on the straights. I decided there was no way I was able to make my way past without an error from him, so I sat back and waited. Benji managed to get past @LIAMATTHURSO into the chicane, I then got past a lap later when he out-braked himself. I then went back after Benji and tried the undercut. Ben had already pitted and I came out right behind him, still in front of Liam. Our small group was catching up to another group ahead, as Benji came back out of the pits right in front of me.
@Gareth Williams couldn’t get around Skyline’s Aston, so the field bunched up. Some mayhem ensued and I managed to bypass @Adam Morris. I then got by Gazza at the top of the hill when he made a mistake. I then pressured Benji into putting a wheel on the kerb which sent him flying. So I was now P3 behind Omari and Ben. Ben then pulled off the circuit with an engine failure, which left me second. There was no way I was catching @omari watson 1, so I tried for Fastest Lap Points. On the last lap in a ditch effort to gain the points I clipped the wall before dropping downhill in the middle sector, therefore I ended up in the gravel. Just got away with it and came home a very happy second.

Sprint Race: S – P7 | R – P3
Got a decent start, just missed the Benji / Gaz shunt on the grid and ended up P5. Ben absolutely drove past Liam on the straight, and as he went wide at T2, I passed him on the inside. I then got onto keeping with Ben; there was no way that was going to happen, but capitalised when he caught and passed @Lance Loomis. Managed to get past Lance and then go after Ben. I continually dropped back into Lance’s clutches, and resisted the pressure till the end. Well done to @adam

Well, all i can say is, the results were around what i expected, as i was not quick here, only doing mid 2.04s. But given the circumstances it's a little below what was possible. Could have been P5 but got a tap from Adam, letting Lance by.

The sprint i started P3, got P5, Which was ok, but could've been more. I got minor damage from some wall grazes, then more from some hits off Omari. Mehh

RACE REPORT

Feature

Never been so disappointed to be honest started p4 but start was abysmal as predicted but used our power advantage to pass someone up to turn 2. Then I believe it was Omari leading followed by gaz and Adam so back at p4. I sat back for a while to see if things would get messy but soon went on the attack.

Adam and Gaz had a few bumps and it was after one of these that I had a run down to the last corner on Adam passing gaz in the process, I went for the move felt it was legitimate but we had contact forcing him wide.i carried possible wrongly feeling I did enough to earn some space. Anyway that's racing and I apologise to Adam for any harm done.

I'm now p2 and I was catching Omari steadily but hit the wall a couple times I felt lightly on lap 8 so pitted for repairs and a possible undercut. How wrong was I pit stop lasted easily 7-8 seconds longer than it should but pushed on and just beat Liam, Andrew, and Benji at the pit exit.

Then a friendly Aston guy started to hold up the M3's which closed the midfield to the 2nd 3rd battle of Gaz and Adam. Passed them both and got clear air once the Aston of I believe Skyline pitted. 5.5 behind Omari I went into qualifying mode and started gaining big time he then made an error halving the gap to 2 seconds with 3 laps to go so I felt confident he had damage and I would pass but heading down conrod straight I braked for the corner and blew my engine on down shift. Race over gutted but at least I got 2 points for fastest lap! well done @omari watson 1

Sprint

Pathetic start but Benji was asleep and blocked the advancing m3's so p4 into t1 yet again I blasted a Bmw up to turn 2 think it was Liam and closed on Lance. Lance was about to let me passed but I overtook anyway and set of after Adam closed initially but he found some pace and responded but the gap steadied at 1.6 seconds so p2 at the end and some much needed points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 251 18.0%
  • Socks

Votes: 763 54.7%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 66 4.7%
  • Shoes

Votes: 171 12.3%