Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

LMP2 was a war of attrition.
Seriously an awesome race tho. No real connection issues getting into the sessions, and except for the lag/rubberbanding/frame drop after mulsanne corner, which is a known issue due to the amount of track detail there, the race ran great.

AC and I had a good battle in LMP2 for most of the race. Both made some mistakes, I had about 4 track cuts in a 2 lap span at Tetre Rouge and Ford chicanes.
But I was able to leap-frog AC in the pits during the ran by only taking tires. He took fuel and tires and repaired some damage I believe.

Last edited:
It really was a good race in LMP2. I dealt with damage on the first lap of the race as steak and I had a nice suction collision heading up onto the Mulsanne. I made a few more mistakes over the course of the night, but overall I was able to stay consistent and keep the morning stint as clean and fast as possible. Damage took away some of the pace of the car, as I was turning 3:45s in practice and only managed a 3:48 in the race. Overall, I think it was a blast and a good representation of an endurance race.

One of the most fun races I've had, and pit strategy absolutely was key to success. I love Le Mans, and having never raced a prototype car, I'm a huge fan and look forwards to more of these races.
The rain and tire progression is challenging, but it really is what racing is all about and it's such a shame that the gorgeous presentation of dynamic weather and day to night transitions are rarely used. I hope to see more diversity of conditions in future races, draws out our individual strengths and weaknesses.
Well done everyone, commiserations to those whose Le Mans dreams were eaten by an unforgiving track. Win or lose, that was a blast.

I had a great time as well until the DQ. It was my fault I was day dreaming and missed my brake mark on the second chicane on the long straight. Thought I could drive slow thru the straight then just get hit with a timed penalty. I was wrong. I had a great car in the end and was catching beans. At Arnage boy did I catch beans He spun out in front of me and I clipped him in the rear. It had some aero affect on Hunnaurdieres,but the car was still solid thru out the track. I had a 24 sec gap on Beans then chunt past beans and I had a 27 sec gap on chunt. He was nibbling away at the time, put if I didn't have the DQ I don't think he would have caught me. As for the beginning of the race it was horrible for me. I was running 3rd in LMP2 for 3 laps then my true driving ability kicked in. I would up getting damage and had to pit early. Overall I had a great time. Conrgrats to Prometheus and Abe on their wins. We should definitely have another race like this in the near future.

As far as the 1st 2 DNF's in LMP2 toast you are right. Bull finished ahead of me in 11th overall and I was 12th overall.

Mike sorry for not letting anyone know about the wreck at Porsche corner. I went wide right to try and avoid it, but the car that spun shot across the track and collected me. I ended up facing backwards against the wall then got lost in the carnage that ensued. If anyone recorded the race please put that clip in this forum. If you can isolate it from my view (Spiff2PF #125) it truly was an awesome sight.

We should run this format again soon at Spa or Silverstone... Maybe one of the other WEC tracks. I liked the times race aspect as well. It was cool to see the weather and time transition and I loved the strategy aspect, despite not turning a clean stint until the morning.

Was I on a roller coaster?

Feature
P5
The car felt surprisingly good in the wet, even if I only did 1 lap of wet practice :roflmao:
Nothing else really to say apart from AUTO SPIN KERBS!!!!

Sprint
DNF
My wheel to decided to apart from my car. Didn't hit a wheel or anything, nope! :notworthy:
Also got major damage from a spinning Dean.

Well done to Ben :):thumbsup::inlove:

I don't like roller coasters :thumbsdown:

Awful round, Feature got minor damage by Adam, which caused me to understeer into a autospin kerb, bin it. The only person I could catch was tom, I didn't think I was going to as I came out 40s behind him, and managed to beat him by about 25.

Sprint was awful. I tried my hardest to defend (As Adel probably realised) but it was to no purpose, as on L14 my wheel died.

Yay... At least it came back to life so I can do le mans

Also congrats to @Ben Milden on the title. Well done buddy

Last edited:
Well it's finally done I've won my first RD championship and my first championship for a few years

Really has been a privilege to race against all of you including anyone that's not racing now. Myself and @Adel Elsayed have really grafted for this especially when we received the ruf in the random car draw

The car was difficult it suited me but not Adel. Mid season and I'm leading the championship but we or I mistakenly moved to the Mercedes and instantly lost hope of any glory as Dom deservedly pulled clear unfortunately he left for his own reasons and I completed the races to win this championship.

Again the championship is down to hard work, luck and speed but mostly @Adel Elsayed we stayed as a team all season pushing each other calming each other down when needed lol so thanks dude

See you all for Le Mans and then season 3

I say 5 LMP1's 5 LMP2's and GTLM's :thumbsup:

(if we can get at least one driver in each brand (Corvette, Aston GTE, Ginetta, Cadillac)of the GTLM I'd love the test. I volunteer for the Cadillac since there is no Cadillac Prototype.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 168 16.7%
  • Socks

Votes: 533 53.1%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 45 4.5%
  • Shoes