Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

hey man,welcome!
yeah there may be one spot open in lmp2, Hateworldwide (raced in this support series before) contacted me earlier saying he might be in tonight, so if he shows its full but I am pretty sure at least 1 person won't show so if you're on and ready I might be able to get you an invite. I will keep you posted tonight

Yes i will be on tonight with msk beans if there is a slot al be useing the alpine lmp2. My gamertag is RAG1NG BULL 666

I like the 3X, it would create more realism if we are going for a simulated 24 hour race. Real life prototype teams can use up to 7 full sets of tires for practice and qualifying, and have 16 full sets on hand for a 24 hour race at Le Mans.
For anyone who is interested, here's some great info on real prototype racing at Le Mans:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/91817/the-importance-of-tyres-at-le-mans

That being said, majority rules apply, so I'll run with whatever is decided. I'm only going to be faster with 2X tire wear as I'm running 3:25's, low 3:26's with 3X tire wear and full fuel.
PB with 40L is 3:24:42

Last edited:
I like the 3X, it would create more realism if we are going for a simulated 24 hour race. Real life prototype teams can use up to 7 full sets of tires for practice and qualifying, and have 16 full sets on hand for a 24 hour race at Le Mans.
For anyone who is interested, here's some great info on real prototype racing at Le Mans:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/91817/the-importance-of-tyres-at-le-mans

That being said, majority rules apply, so I'll run with whatever is decided. I'm only going to be faster with 2X tire wear as I'm running 3:25's, low 3:26's with 3X tire wear and full fuel.
PB with 40L is 3:24:42
I just did some final testing, the wear is still pretty heavy on 2x, but it isn't that tad overboard like it was with 3x so I think its the better option as well as having considered lmp2 perspective. The tires still go at a rate that fully brings strategy into play. I have to make 3 stops minimum and that is before damage or any mechanical issue.

Looks like that is virtually decided (for those who care to vote) tire wear should be reduced from 3x to either 2x or real. As i said before real is too much of a jump for those who practiced 3x so it will be reverted back to the standard support series 2x wear.
also is anyone really fussed about start time?, I managed to mess that up as well thinking le mans started at 1pm for some reason :O_o:, tried it starting from 3pm and it seems a smoother match to the weather and time progression overall.

Already reworked my entire network setup, and full restored my phone, iPad, and checked out my laptop and everything on my end seems to be okay, this was the only site that would do it to me. In any case, I think it's finally been rectified, possibly an ad partner on RD's end were being dicks lol.

Yeah, my phone got redirected a couple of times to weird sites when I enter this site. Hasn't happened last few times though.

Awesome race! I felt it was a fitting tribute to the brilliance of le mans prototypes, exactly what I wanted. The multiclass factor seemed to go over very smoothly with little confusion or grid issues at the start. I like the timed structure and would call this type of race a success. A few DNFs but that is le mans... lol
Thanks to all who came out and added to the fun!
Working on results soon, my pcars dash crashed multiple times and didnt get quali, anyone else get it? I also need order of DNF's to establish longest time lasted if those guys could help out.
I hope this is a popular format, it ran smoothly for 16 at le mans so I was very impressed. I think getting everyone in before practice, quali, warmup makes a massive difference to frames and lag.
Congrats to Globe and Eagle!!!

Unofficial Results after 2 Hours Racing @ Le Mans:

LMP1:

1.Prometheus/Globe- #7 TRD Hybrid LMP1 Toyota TS040
2.EpilepticToast- #1 AudiSport LMP1 Audi R18 e-tron quattro (Pole, Fastest lap)
3.Braken99- #3 Vulcan LMP1 RWD P30
4.Nova- #76 LMP1 Aston DBR 1-2
5.Docholiday- #8 TRD Hybrid LMP1 Toyota TS040
6.MichaelWatts- #24 XPS Suspension LMP1 RWD P30
7.Zarf- # LMP1 RWD P30- DNF

LMP2:

1.Abewoz (Eaglethrust)- #42 Ditt Oreca 03 Nissan LMP2 (Pole, Fastest Lap)
2.AC Hatemaker- #3 Calanager Oreca 03 Nissan LMP2
3.Chunt- #99 Egmelt RWD P20 LMP2
4.MSKbeans- #36 Signatech Alpine LMP2
5.Ragingbull- #36 Singatech Apline LMP2-DNF
6.Spiff- #125 Curely's Oreca 03 Nissan LMP2-DNF
7.Hateworldwide- # Oreca 03 Nissan LMP2-DNF
8.HRH Racing- #18 Petroblast Oreca 03 Nissan LMP2-DNF
9.Asleepsteak- #96 Keon RWD P20 LMP2-DNF

*LMP2 DNF placings yet to be confirmed

Organizer Update
.In The Next Week Or So Ill be Looking Into A Replacement to at first help me but then hopefully take over my position As Organizer/Driver To Carry On What We Started Here At (TNGTC) and Keep It Running For Many Seasons To Come I Will Remain As Organizer Until Further Notice but Trying To Keep Everyone Happy And Wanting To Race Is Not Easy Ive Done The Best I Can And Will Continue to do So Until i Find A Replacement.

Thanks All Its Been Awesome Have A Nice Race Thursday And Good Luck In The Championship And S3 I May Not Make Last 2 Races :(
If you're after an organiser I'll do a partial organiser role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 168 16.7%
  • Socks

Votes: 533 53.1%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 45 4.5%
  • Shoes

Votes: 135 13.5%