Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Turned a 3:45.1 today in race trim... Yet to break into the 44s though, so Spiff I'd say you're doing great.
Thanks. I do appreciate it. As we all know though, I can turn decent laps by myself, it's when we get to racing is when I go to hell. 3:45 is where i am in race trim. Here is a copy of my times form Saturday's practice.
Time.JPG

thanks Spiff! hey you guys in lmp2, how many laps do you go until you are out of fuel/ tires are worn? at 3x wear, the soft (front) tires on lmp1 are gone before fuel finishes, which isn't what I was ideally looking for. I am trying to find out more about le mans protoype compounds used race spec right now while waiting on the test race to finish. Will get back with results of testing soon

Official: race will be 2 hours timed starting 13:00 June 18th in game, 10 time progression, 2x weather progression going from clear, medium cloud,light rain, to light cloud every ~30 mins. this should have us starting in clear midday, decent cloudy afternoon, rain after sunset into tough rainy night of racing (even more challenge!!), into a peaceful morning with clearing up weather to a nice finish with sunshine and light cloud. not a precise 24 hours but certainly close enough for my liking and it works with the weather.

putting up a new poll about tire wear, need input. It's a bit weird as is, for lmp1 anyway. I tested hard compound as well and only dropped a couple seconds on best time, the grip felt good enough to barely tell. This is fine to fall back on if the poll decides so, it's just a case of the usual and default soft slick/ rain wearing too quickly.

went for 2x wear in vote, I'm not sure how big of a difference in tire life it is to 3x but I agree the tires should be lasting a bit longer than they do currently in race stints. If people become unhappy I'll simply leave it at 3x and other compounds are there as an option. The only issue is during the rain slot, we might have to pit extra because they wear faster. Not really a big deal to me but it could be a bit more realistic I suppose so worth some thought.

Announcement: standing start into first sector formation/parade, lmp1 class bunches 2 wide odd left even right after esses. staggered back safe distance (4+ seconds) lmp2 bunches 2 wide odd left even right after esses.
Maintain 70 mph through tertre rouge onto mulsanne straight, when lmp2 group finishes getting through tertre rouge they confirm, lmp1 polesitter calls green for entire field with time countdown point as extra support (ex. green flag at 1:58:30 remaining). This shows in the bottom left (default hud) as time passed and time to go in the race. With this being a timed race, everyone should have those numbers synced, meaning we can use it to benefit a clean and organized green flag.

with 3x wear? man that is very different to lmp1
No I did not have a chance to try 3X. I have been practicing in Free Play. Wanted to get on Monday and Yesterday, but this 9 day night stretch (17:00 to 05:00 plus a 1hr and 10 min commute one way) I am on is killing me. Last 2 days I woke up around 14:00 and I leave for work around 15:30 so there was no time to test in Multiplayer mode.

Ok so in theory that would make it the end of tire life when you run out of fuel if it were on 2x wear right? I think 2x is the best bet for both classes in that case. I should have changed it earlier in the week though, I'm worried people have practiced on 3x and will freak if it goes to 2x on raceday...

Hi guys, are you accepting signups at the moment?

I moved to PC a few months after the game released, but picked up the GOTY edition on PS4 this week.
I did a bit of league racing just after release, so I'm not a total novice on track.

I couldn't see a specific time for the races either - what time do these happen on the Thursday nights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 166 16.7%
  • Socks

Votes: 526 53.0%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 45 4.5%
  • Shoes

Votes: 134 13.5%