Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

That's good to know that I'm on the right track with times. The car is still a little squirrelly, but working on that. Gearing is interesting on this car, so some work being done there.
I'm getting about 11 laps before tires are toast, not sure if that's good?

yeah the gearing is nuts, you guys can do some super fine ratio adjustment in other lmp1s, Audi is locked in :(
Not sure about tires for sure yet but I will find out later tonight after other league races are done. what progression lasted 11 laps? 3x wear? how far do you get on one tank of fuel in the Toyota? I want it to be something close to 2 stints of fuel per one stint of tires, as they do that in reality. Not sure how that will work out for time and laps though lol I'm gonna be up all night testing these details.

Toast ..
Sync to race does not work on timed races, but should work fine on laps. Seems that 2 hours would be approximately 36 laps, so I'm running right now with 36 laps and sync to race based on the weather slots - should see the weather change at 9 laps. I'm testing right now with doc (he's likely to also be in the Toyota #8). I'll let you know, but this should work nicely.

Just ran full 36 laps (not timed - set to 36 laps) with the 4 weather slots set to sync to race.
The weather transitioned beautifully around every 9 laps, total race time was around 125 minutes. So pretty much a 2 hour race. The multiplier on weather is not as accurate as sync to race. If you must keep it to exactly 2 hours then just do 32-34 laps.
I think we should run with this, keeps the weather transition time pretty close to full laps and more reliable transitions.
But it's not my league , yada yada....
;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 162 16.6%
  • Socks

Votes: 520 53.3%
  • Flip flops