Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Last night i reached a new low, or high of stupidity, depending on how you look at it. I went on to practice,but my wheel seemed to be acting up. The first time I'd leave the pits the car seemed fine, but as soon as I pit the wheel feel totally different. There was too much play in the steering and I had to turn like a truck driver to get around the corners. I spent an hour repeatedly recalibrating my wheel and trying to work out what was wrong.
After over an hour of agonising, swearing and general exasperation it turned out I had wet tyres on.....
Awesome Rob This Has Made My Day Thank You :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: P.S Dont Worry Ive Done That Myself In S1 At Bugatti Did The Whole Of Qualifying On Wet Tyres

Have you guys ever run anything with the LMP 2 cars? There seems to be good variety. Are they well balanced in performance? Also, anyone do any open wheel races? I was thinking something like the new Renault formula car. Thoughts? Obviously, if running GT cars, the LMP 2 would be a decent fit.

The Open wheel car could be added to the support series next season. Usually the endurance is based off of the GT3 cars. A multi class season will be a first for season 3 so I would imagine that Mike will put up a vote after this season is over as to what cars will be ran and the format.

The support season is in it's 1st season. Toast is running it. It is mainly for fun and a filler between races in the endurance season. Probably will stick with the same format. One main car then a different car every other race.

Last edited:
Last night i reached a new low, or high of stupidity, depending on how you look at it. I went on to practice,but my wheel seemed to be acting up. The first time I'd leave the pits the car seemed fine, but as soon as I pit the wheel feel totally different. There was too much play in the steering and I had to turn like a truck driver to get around the corners. I spent an hour repeatedly recalibrating my wheel and trying to work out what was wrong.
After over an hour of agonising, swearing and general exasperation it turned out I had wet tyres on.....

Good thing you only calibrated the wheel. Most of us would've started changing the setup. Haha

Feature

Q 3

Ok lap, was my first lap so i'm sure i could've gone faster with more feel

R 3

Eventful start, was down to P6 at one point, Had a battle with ben, got by him, he made slight contact with me, but let me by. Pitted for the inters, came out right behind Adel, had a chance to pass him instantly, but half spun it and let gaz back past. Eventually Adel made an error trying to repass Gaz, giving me P3, had a few chances to pass gaz, but i just wanted to bring it home.

Sprint

R 10

My race lasted about 30 seconds, as i was wiped out by Tom majorly in the little kink, massively damaging my car, forcing me to pit, but i managed to claw the gap from 40 seconds to 6, which was good, but annoyed me cause i was ahead of andrew and all that in the first few areas, so P2-P3 was maybe achievable.

FR-Q: P1, First lap was the best lap.
FR-R: P4, Could’ve been a lot worse.
Had a good start but couldn’t quite fend off @Adel Elsayed who once again made a flying start and took me into turn one. Didn’t take me long to be reeled in by @Adam Morris who had me when I made a mistake. Attempting to keep with Adam and Adel ended in me making a string of errors. I then pushed very hard to catch back up when Adel spun into T5. Managed to keep with Adam until the stops. Came into the pits with around 7 laps to go. Came in and put on the right pit strategy, pulled into the box and left immediately. Obviously my pit strategy was set to no tyre change. So I had to come back in the lap after. With some good feedback from Liam, Gazza and Benji, I boxed again and fitted a new set of Wets. From there I came out in P8 and managed to stay out of the way of a spinning @Ben Milden. I then passed @Dean Ragan into the hairpin and I think he lost it on the exit and smashed into my rear end. I then closed up to the back of the Liam / Gazza / Adel battle. Managed to pass Adel after he got a poor exit from the penultimate turn, and got by into the final turn on the last lap. P4 ain’t a bad recovery drive.

SR-Q: P10, wasn’t allowed.
SR-R: P3 / P2
Managed to get a good start and got up the inside of @Gareth Williams into turn one. Took advantage of @Thomas While tagging @LIAMATTHURSO into the kink and managed to leap frog Tom shortly afterwards. Ended up behind Adel and @Rob McEwan. Adel and Rob went off so I took advantage of that too. Ended up in fourth staring at the gearbox of @Lance Loomis, had to get through to have any chance at the top two. Got a great run out of the last turn and had him into T1. Next up was Dean, he made a mistake out of the fast left and I managed to bypass him. Started to gain on @Ben Milden and got the gap down to 1.1secs when I lost it in the same place as Dean. Ended up P3 on track but I think Dean will get a penalty for a jump start.

Overall, not too happy but not disappointed either.

Feature
Q.11th R.10th
Only got myself to blame. Didn't prepare, nothing else to say really.
Sprint
Q.2nd with my pb
R.DNF
Start was average, Ben past by t2. Got bummed a few times by Adel. Dropped back and funked it into a wall. Wheel fell off.

Race #7 World Endurance Challenge
Brno Circuit, CR 46 laps
June 8th 8pm EST
You Must Confirm your Participation in this Race (1) Hour before Lobby Starts
to Receive and Invite for this Race.
brno-circuit.jpg
Lobby starts at: Approx 8:00pm EST
Comms: Party Chat
Practice: 45 Mins* (Room starts at 7:45pm EST)
Qualifying: 20 mins
Warmup: 5 mins
Laps: 46 laps (45 hot laps) Approx 90 mins
Start: Standing with Parade Lap
Weather: Medium cloud, heavy cloud, overcast, overcast
Local Race Time: June 5th
2016 13:00
Assists: Real Assists
Force Manual: Yes
View: Forced Interior
Damage: Full
Mechanical Breakdowns: On
Tire wear: Real
Fuel usage: Real
Penalties & Flags: On
Race Time will be set for June 5th 1300 Local time with x5 Time Progression. Weather will be corresponding to location and time. 1300-1900

Driver Entry List:
1. GT3-Pro Matthew Spurrell / Haveblue112 / 888 Race Engineering, McLaren #60
2. GT3-Pro Tom Senchak / the Dalai toma / 888 Race Engineering, McLaren #2
3. GT3-Pro Chris Chavana / Docholiday600 / Dyno-Might Motorsports, Mercedes AMG #29
4. GT3-Pro Michael Watts / Michaei Watts / Dyno-Might Motorsports, Mercedes AMG #28
5. GT3-Pro Railer Cantrell / HRH Racing / Dyno-Might Motorsports, Mercedes AMG #4
6. GT3-Pro Nic Worsfold / EpilepticToast / Daredevil Racing, RUF #21
7. GT3-Pro Chris Bowman / AC Hatemaker / Daredevil Racing, RUF #72
8. GT3-Pro Alex Hinton / tha Sup3rN0va / Audi Motorsports, Audi #5
9. GT3-Pro Ben Wells / Zarf Pz / Audi Motorsports, Audi R8 LMS #47
10.GT3-Pro Aiden Browe / Aidtheace /Daredevil Racing, RUF #3
11.GT3-Pro Sean Fleming / Globespy / Destiny Motorsports, Aston Martin V12 #108
12.GT3-Pro Søren Christensen / sochri1337 / Høj Hastiged Racing, Bentley #88
13.GT3-Am Jarrett Lee / HateW0rldW1de / Audi Motorsports, Audi R8 LMS #5

Sector 3 starts just before turn 11.
-In the Event of a Caution Any Car in Sector 3 can safely proceed to the pits without slowing to Caution Pace. However, once you pass the Start/Finish Line you must slow to 93 mph Avg 150 kph Regardless of Pitting OR NOT. Cars in Sectors 1 and 2 should slow to a reduced safe pace regardless.
-Leader (P1) should let Field know his intentions of pitting or not.
-If you pass the S/F line and do not slow to the Caution Speed you will be Penalized.
-Stay aware of your position at all times!
-Lap Down Cars may take a waive around if leader pits. If the field is caught up within Sectors 1 and 2, Lap down Cars may pass on the Left and pass the leader for lap back. THE FIELD WILL NOT SLOW for lap down Cars to catch up.

circuit_brno.jpg

Last edited:
Season 2,
Round #6

Autodroma Nazionale Monza GP, IT
Laps 50
May 22th, 2016 13:00
Weather: Dry, Partly Cloudy/Clear
bss-nogaro-2012-2-hexis-racing-mclaren-gt-mp4-12c-gt3-gr-goire-demoustier-alvaro-parente.jpg

1. GT3-Pro Tom Senchak / 888 Race Engineering, McLaren #2
2. GT3-Pro Alex Hinton / Audi Motorsports, Audi #91
3.GT3-Pro Søren Christensen / Høj Hastiged Racing, Bentley #88
4. GT3-Pro Nic Worsfold / Daredevil Racing, RUF #21
5.GT3-Pro Sean Fleming / Destiny Motorsports, Aston Martin V12 #108
6. GT3-ProChris Chavana / Dyno-Might Motorsports, Mercedes AMG #29
7.GT3-Pro Aiden Browe / Daredevil Racing, RUF #3
8. GT3-Pro Michael Watts / Dyno-Might Motorsports, Mercedes AMG #28
9.GT3-Am Christopher Hunt / Audi Motorsports, Audi R8 LMS Ultra #24
10. GT3-Pro Ben Wells / Audi Motorsports, Audi R8 LMS #47
11. GT3-ProChris Bowman / Daredevil Racing, RUF #72
12. GT3-Pro Railer Cantrell / Dyno-Might Motorsports, Mercedes AMG #4
13.GT3-Am Jarrett Lee / Audi Motorsports, Audi R8 LMS #5
14.GTLM-Am Chris Jones / CJ Racing, Corvette C7R #3
15.GT3-Pro Matthew Spurrell / 888 Race Engineering, McLaren #60

Round 6 has the tour racing into Italy. With another full field line up on tap, and the half way mark nearly upon the tour, the GT3 pilots were looking for speed this week. Monza is the home for speed and the soon the track was echoing from sound of well tuned engines roaring down the straights. Qualifying was fast with Søren Christensen taking the pole in record breaking fashion with a 1:44.3 nearly 5 tenths ahead of second place qualifier Tom Senchak. Ben Wells, showed good speed in qualifying with a 3rd place (1:44.890) on the grid followed by Matthew Spurrell (1:44.891)and Alex Hinton (1:44.977) rounding out the top five.
The start of the race was a bit of a mess with two cars contacting each other on the pace lap, causing Spurrell, and Chris Chavana to start from the pits. But after the green flag dropped Spurrell didn't waste any time driving to the front, only to have problems mid-way through the race suffering from an engine failure. This left Senchak and Christensen to fight for the lead for most of the day. Damage to Christensen's car gave the race to Senchak to took control of the lead and never relinquished it. Hinton was fast all day, now in an Audi, but wasn't really much of a challenge for the win, however he did keep Senchak honest not finishing far behind. The race was only slowed by one caution when Mike Watts, and Aiden Browe make contact in Ascari at the half-way point of the race. Both were able to recover and finish although it was not a good day for Mercedes in general as all the Dyno-might Motorsports cars finished in the back half of the field with Chavana finishing the highest of the Mercedes. Disappointed in his finish coming off a win at Le Mans, Chavana wasn't able to overcome late damage and placed 6th in his AMG. It was a tough race for Wells, as well, who had speed early but ultimately finished 10th behind teammate Chris Hunt, who also suffered late race damage but limped home in 9th.
The fastest lap was run by Christensen and lended him the bonus points to go with his 3rd place finish. Nic Worsfold brought his RUF home in 4th after a hard fought race between him and Sean Flemming who finished 5th. Aiden Browe, after making early contact with Watts, finished 7th and Watts 8th respectively. Chris Bowman, Railer Cantrell, finshed a lap down in 11th and 12th respectively. Jarrett Lee, in his first showing netted a 13th place, finishing ahead of Chris Jones who had suffered from a bad accident with the barriers and pit problems puttting him multiple laps down. And Spurrell took another hit in the points in dropping a second race finishing 15th. With half the season down round 7 in Brno proves to be setting up a heck of a race, and I'm sure Spurrell will be gunning for his teammate Senchak when the group heads to the Czech Republic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 120 16.0%
  • Socks

Votes: 401 53.5%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 32 4.3%
  • Shoes