Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I don't understand it. I mean, explain what would be wrong with the current system but taking out the OP cars. The races aren't boring, no one would have a significant advantage, and no one could complain if we took the three most OP cars out. Surely either that or a one make is the way to go. I spent my media lesson attempting to try and think of solutions for this and have got three potential ideas which could put this league back on track, but seen as the feedback isn't based on what we're gonna do then there ain't much point

Changing car every week is just gonna cause 10 times more problems than it solves. This seems very much like a decision F1 would make to patch it up. We can't even post a weekly race time a week in advance so how are we gonna decide on a car each week?! We need to make a change based on the members of this league that have a decent insight, not a rash one made out of thin air. Guys like Liam, Ben, Gazer, Adel, me and Tom are the guys that have been here longest (sorry if I've missed anyone out), but surely that's the audience you're trying to keep rather than just alienate a full grid full of cars. Look at the facts: 7 voted to keep it the same, by far the majority vote, followed by 3 for Formula Gulf. Where is the sense to change?

I haven't been here that long lol. I don't think the change car every week idea was what Adam was endorsing, i believe Adam was pushing for (or at least considering) 1 car for everyone for the whole season. The different car each week would be far too hectic probably.

I
I'd be behind it too, just chances are someone would be unhappy with that specific car etc. Hopefully people would put the effort in to at least learn the car before they decide they dislike it. Put in the effort it won't be that bad
I mean I wouldn't be particularly thrilled about the M3 but I'd have to deal with it and try and figure it out some more cos I can't deal with it right now

Should be a democracy....not a dictatorship. Just my 2 pence! But defo a one make championship would work. I do agree with ben...replays may look boring...but on the other hand....we all just here to race, be competitive and have fun. Whatever is decided im sure those elements will still be there.

Jheeze i have a headache after reading all that. Didnt think this would cause much controversy lol.

I think the set up here works pretty well tbh. Just need to eliminate the op cars imo. I understand different cars suit different tracks. We just need to do our best to make it as equal as possible.
Also if your putting everything up for a vote and all u need is a majority that's potentially half the people left unhappy. I think most are mostly happy right now, so just a little tweeting is necessary.

Democracy doesnt work at the best of times anyway. :roflmao:

After the connection issues, ffb issues, and my recent switch to PC, I am formally withdrawing my entry in the Xbox 1 series. I had great fun, and enjoyed every race with you guys, the game is just exponentially better on the PC, and with my room arrangement, it's quite a hassle to switch my wheel back over to my console. I wish everyone the best, and will pop in on here from time to time.
If anyone plans on making the switch to PC, i very much recommend it, and look forward to racing with whoever does.

Cheers and good luck in the rest of the season.

After the connection issues, ffb issues, and my recent switch to PC, I am formally withdrawing my entry in the Xbox 1 series. I had great fun, and enjoyed every race with you guys, the game is just exponentially better on the PC, and with my room arrangement, it's quite a hassle to switch my wheel back over to my console. I wish everyone the best, and will pop in on here from time to time.
If anyone plans on making the switch to PC, i very much recommend it, and look forward to racing with whoever does.

Cheers and good luck in the rest of the season.
Are you out for tonight Abe?

Jae Racing have had a troubled week with contracts losing one of their top tier drivers aidtheace to ...... . Jae Racing are proud to announce the three man racing team which includes the youngest driver on the grid at just 16 we welcome Zarf #47 with open arms for the entire season. We are also committed and proud to have Chunt04 #.. With us for the entire season at only 29 still has lots of potential with are Audi partenership. Our 3rd driver Hatew0rldw1de showed incredible amounts of talent in the Gt4 class finishing 3rd overall last season. Driving the number #47 Audi hoping to do his country proud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 115 15.6%
  • Socks

Votes: 395 53.7%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 32 4.4%
  • Shoes

Votes: 96 13.1%