Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Maybe have an extended post/pre season to test different cars and tracks and see what people like most? After all the game has so many cars and you guys are quality enough to drive anything so why not experience the full game?

Or just chose the tracks for the season and then it is up to drivers which cars they want/think is best for each track?

Some of us were discussing this yesterday, I was thinking and came up with this:
max players at 15, racing 3 classes of 5 in a timed endurance race. With the pcars dash app, recordings, screenshots etc. we should be able to make sense of data and sort out points post race for each class just fine.

1st class would be GTE, 2nd class GT3, 3rd class GT4. I think this would be a blast and a few guys agreed. It makes it tough to choose which one to go for! haha, I really love the sound of it though so I thought I'd share for opinions. Don't know of any series that runs these three classes at the same time but it's a bit closer to the real multiclass WEC than what we currently have!
could call it like "W.E.C: GT Masters"
Sounds awesome. When you make up the schedule for season 3 I will send you my work schedule. Maybe Mike can swing the dates so I can race more. If not then it is what it is.

After the connection issues, ffb issues, and my recent switch to PC, I am formally withdrawing my entry in the Xbox 1 series. I had great fun, and enjoyed every race with you guys, the game is just exponentially better on the PC, and with my room arrangement, it's quite a hassle to switch my wheel back over to my console. I wish everyone the best, and will pop in on here from time to time.
If anyone plans on making the switch to PC, i very much recommend it, and look forward to racing with whoever does.

Cheers and good luck in the rest of the season.
When I get my bonus next year from work I plan on taking about $1,500 and building a PC. Just don't have the funds now. May start buying parts here and there when money allows.

Hey @Adam Morris ol buddy ol pal. Thanks for not tagging me lol but here goes my 2 cents as someone who passionately raced with this league for 1.5 seasons.

Your intentions to give each driver a say about The characteristics of the league is always an honorable and noble gesture but it never succeeds to achieve a good end result. Drivers will always disagree because we all have different tastes.

Maybe it's time to just make decisions and let the drivers just drive, u set the rules and characteristics. If ppl don't like it, let them leave, that's why There are many different leagues to join for us all to have fun with what ever suits us best as gamers/racers.

Time to stop the immature acts of ppl bluffing threatning that they will leave because they don't like a change or what have you and every time u make a change to make the majority happy they later say oh I don't like this. It's completely childish and the solution to that is to demand respect by setting the rules and make everyone just shut up drive. Yes I'm no longer in the league and absolutely don't have a say, but I'll say it anyway :cool:

I understand that you're also still learning and trying to make it entertaining but you're not perfect and hint hint, it's always a good idea to change stuff ever so often like the FIA does to keep it interesting, but to achieve that you have to do it frequently to keep ppl on their toes.

Suggestions:
Every idea everyone contributed are in fact all good ideas. How to achieve all of the ideas?
Make the seasons much shorter. 10 race championships, and keep changing the characteristics every championship. Let every driver's input become a reality but do it on your terms same way.
Shorter championships =
*change cars more frequently
*change team mates more frequently
*ability to take time off when u need to
*keep ppl focused since they won't ever be far behind in a chmpshp
*not so serious with practise
*itll be awesome, trust me
*lol
*:)

Hey @Adam Morris ol buddy ol pal. Thanks for not tagging me lol but here goes my 2 cents as someone who passionately raced with this league for 1.5 seasons.

Your intentions to give each driver a say about The characteristics of the league is always an honorable and noble gesture but it never succeeds to achieve a good end result. Drivers will always disagree because we all have different tastes.

Maybe it's time to just make decisions and let the drivers just drive, u set the rules and characteristics. If ppl don't like it, let them leave, that's why There are many different leagues to join for us all to have fun with what ever suits us best as gamers/racers.

Time to stop the immature acts of ppl bluffing threatning that they will leave because they don't like a change or what have you and every time u make a change to make the majority happy they later say oh I don't like this. It's completely childish and the solution to that is to demand respect by setting the rules and make everyone just shut up drive. Yes I'm no longer in the league and absolutely don't have a say, but I'll say it anyway :cool:

I understand that you're also still learning and trying to make it entertaining but you're not perfect and hint hint, it's always a good idea to change stuff ever so often like the FIA does to keep it interesting, but to achieve that you have to do it frequently to keep ppl on their toes.

Suggestions:
Every idea everyone contributed are in fact all good ideas. How to achieve all of the ideas?
Make the seasons much shorter. 10 race championships, and keep changing the characteristics every championship. Let every driver's input become a reality but do it on your terms same way.
Shorter championships =
*change cars more frequently
*change team mates more frequently
*ability to take time off when u need to
*keep ppl focused since they won't ever be far behind in a chmpshp
*not so serious with practise
*itll be awesome, trust me
*lol
*:)

Not sure if the people leaving comment was in response to my points or not, but just incase, to clarify, i would not leave (As long as it is GT3 anyway), my point was that others may due to changes (whether they happen or not) & that obviously Adam is trying to do the best for the league, obviously how people react may have to be considered. But this is why Adam is in charge and not anyone else. Also I can agree with shorter championships, but IMO 10 is a bit too short

Last edited:
Qualifying:
Screenshot_2016-05-25-20-43-49_zpsbdj91css.png

Unofficial Results:
Screenshot_2016-05-25-22-24-55_zpsgsuj7izu.png

14. Steak 44 Laps
15. Haveblue 20 laps (Engine)

Last night i reached a new low, or high of stupidity, depending on how you look at it. I went on to practice,but my wheel seemed to be acting up. The first time I'd leave the pits the car seemed fine, but as soon as I pit the wheel feel totally different. There was too much play in the steering and I had to turn like a truck driver to get around the corners. I spent an hour repeatedly recalibrating my wheel and trying to work out what was wrong.
After over an hour of agonising, swearing and general exasperation it turned out I had wet tyres on.....

Last night i reached a new low, or high of stupidity, depending on how you look at it. I went on to practice,but my wheel seemed to be acting up. The first time I'd leave the pits the car seemed fine, but as soon as I pit the wheel feel totally different. There was too much play in the steering and I had to turn like a truck driver to get around the corners. I spent an hour repeatedly recalibrating my wheel and trying to work out what was wrong.
After over an hour of agonising, swearing and general exasperation it turned out I had wet tyres on.....
speechless_o_2899449.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 115 15.7%
  • Socks

Votes: 394 53.7%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 32 4.4%
  • Shoes