Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Feature

Q 1

R 1

I FINALLY DID IT!!!! Feature race win is the one I really wanted!
Anyway, I was confident my 39.7 would nab me pole, and it did, by half a second!

The start was ok, kept P1, Until adels Mercedes just destroyed me into 130r with that Mercedes straight line speed. But on lap 3 i think I repassed him with a very well executed move, he then spun, from then on it was quite a straight forward race to the flag, a grand slam, pole, FL & Win, I'm so hyped about it.

Sprint.

R 6

As per usual, I did my party piece of getting punted into T1, and having to do a full race with damage. Reckon if I didn't get it, P3, maybe even P2 was on the cards, but was losing around a second a lap. Can never catch a break in sprints!

Last edited:
Feature

Q 1

R 1

I FINALLY DID IT!!!! Feature race win is the one I really wanted!
Anyway, I was confident my 39.7 would nab me pole, and it did, by half a second!

The start was ok, kept P1, Until adels Mercedes just destroyed me into 130r with that Mercedes straight line speed. But on lap 3 i think I repassed him with a very well executed move, he then spun, from then on it was quite a straight forward race to the flag, a grand slam, pole, FL & Win, I'm so hyped about it.

Sprint.

R 6

As per usual, I did my party piece of getting punted into T1, and having to do a full race with damage. Reckon if I didn't get it, P3, maybe even P2 was on the cards, but was losing around a second a lap. Can never catch a break in sprints!
I didn't spin. We had contact which pushed me off hence the spin

Feature

Q: 4th
R: 2nd

Got a great start for the first time since rob was in small shorts :) and moved past gazer who thankfully gave me room, sat in third conserving my tyres watching adel and Liam fight then they had minor contact which saw adel crash handing me second. I could match Liam in the first stint and I could keep gaz at around 0.7 each lap so just went with it as I was already shocked at being up there

Thought about e undercut but decided to try a lap longer so as to have fresher tyres for the last stint. Came out 2nd again but Liam drove away from us exploring track limits I must say but a great drive. I got second holding off gazer so good points

Sprint

Q: 9th
R: 5th

Another annoying sprint race again a great start but yet again I had issues with the car until lap 6 when it finally came back to normal. Moved up quickly to p6 passed benji for p5 and went after lance and Dean but lost the car at turn 4 and somehow I kept it and didn't kill anyone. Lost position to benji again so took a lap to calm my tyre pressures and attacked again pulled off a daring move into fork and thanks again to benji for giving me a cars width. Liam passed benji and then passed me after another mistake into fork where I went into 1st gear :O_o::thumbsdown: but I managed to recover and repas using merc power into 130r. After that pushed like mad eventually gaping Liam and closed on the fun looking Dean lance fight caught them halfway around final lap but couldn't get in there to fight

Fun races again congrats to the winners and good recovery @Adel Elsayed

More points gained in both championships and another step closer

Check your times. I don't think a 5 second penalty lost him 6 places. The results picture from above, the gap is based off fastest lap not how you finished.
Update For Oulton Park Feature Race Results
. @Andrew Holmes Now Drops To P6 In The Feature Race Behind Benji Now In P5
@Ben Milden Update Points As Follow When Possible Thanks.

Q: P2
average lap, was never gonna beat the m3 on outright quali pace here,

R: P3

Dodgy start, let clutch out and car didn't move off straight away, seen ben coming behind, went to cover but thought better of squeezing him with extra speed,
ended up dropping to p4 by t1,
stayed behind guys infront till adel ended up making a mistake or something, passed up inside, then tried closing in on ben for p2, would close in sections then would loose back out in s3 with the straights,

Pitted like lap 11 think it was with liam trying to undercut ben as he stayed out, good stop, come out and was flying, then went for brake on a corner nothing happened, had to put car into a sort of half spin, dropped off liam, come around to finish lap and ben was just exiting pits infront of me, crappy mistake cost the p2 undercut,

managed to stay in touch but couldn't make inroads for some reason, would close in and then just drop away with the extra straighline speed, stayed within like 7-9 tenths for rest of stint,

come lap 22 had some strange thing happen to wheels or pedals, only had 3/4 gas for like lap an half, dropped off ben alot and adam was closing in slightly, then it randomly come back and was fine for last lap,

Sprint started last and finished last, Had good start and was taking loads of positions down into t1, brakes and nothing happened really, ended up having to use run off to slow down, rejoined but tagged a car dunno who it was, ended up having half spin into barrier, no real damage so carried on,
next lap the crappy pedal thing but much worse :( could only get to like 130ish on straight, boxed and tried fixing any damage just incase but was still the same, come out and continued then like 3rd or 4th lap i lost gas pedal altogether, had to pull of track in s1, tried unplugging in and out etc and nothing was working lol, brake pedal was working great according to the ap but no gas was been registered, then all sudden it started working again, by this time i was lap down, thought might as well continue,

strange one, ordered another pedal set so hopefully it sorts it

enjoy the essay chaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 103 14.9%
  • Socks

Votes: 379 55.0%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 27 3.9%