Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Feature

Q: 8
R: 6

Ok start. Settle down behind Liam and tried to follow the leaders. Liam had an unusual spin on the entry of turn 1 and I still don't know how I missed him. Then I started very slowly, to catch Adam up but Adam spun at turn 2. I remained in P6 for the rest of the stint apart from when I lead for a lap during the pitstop phrase.
After the pitstops, I had Adam right on my trail for the entire duration of the stint. Somehow, I managed to keep him behind and came home for P6.

Sprint

Q: 4
R: 7

Another good start. I filled in behind the leaders in P4 and had good pace, but once Ben got pass, my car felt undriveable. After that Andrew, Adel and Gazza just drove around me. I saw Adel make a mistake and I tried to push as hard as I could, but I couldn't catch. Eventually at the chicane, I touched the grass. Half spinning me.
For the final laps, I had to keep Dean behind me and I just did it by a photo finish.

Well done to my teammate Rob on the win. It was a great party last night. Hopefully I won't have too big of a hangover as I have an exam. :roflmao:
And well done to Dean on your maiden win :thumbsup:

Oulton Park always leaves surprises

Was just responding to someone who was upset that SMS cancelled the ovals, and I said "it's probably because the Consoles can't handle it. That SMS hates console users and that's why the PC guys have new Audi GT3 and we'll never see it." I wasn't even being serious but SMS hates critical posts or the truth.. which ever one you want to pick.
Have they actually confirmed that there will be no ovals now? :(:poop::thumbsdown:

Right. I can understand not throwing another GT3 car on the pile, but they actually promised ovals in writing. They are probably hyper-sensitive about this, since that's cause for legal action here.

Right. I can understand not throwing another GT3 car on the pile, but they actually promised ovals in writing. They are probably hyper-sensitive about this, since that's cause for legal action here.
I know right.. I remember @Rob posting a whole page they did up advertising Indianapolis Speedway. I still think we need a "Sarcasm" button, if you read my post most American's would know that I wasn't being serious.

I know right.. I remember @Rob posting a whole page they did up advertising Indianapolis Speedway. I still think we need a "Sarcasm" button, if you read my post most American's would know that I wasn't being serious.
It's a real shame and being ever the optimist I really hoped we would get at least Indianapolis in the run up to the Indy 500. They are so sensitive over on the forum about anything that can be perceived as anti-SMS.

Drivers Involved : @Adam Morris and @Andrew Holmes

Video Footage :

Description Of Incident : On Exit Coming Up The Hill Andrew Pushes My Car Wide As We Come Round Onto The Straight As Hes Behind Me Which Forces Me Towards The Right Hand Wall After The Contact Patch Had Gone Continued To Pass On The Outside Of Turn 1 And Dive Not Re Give The Position. I Had Already Lost Momentum After The Push Which Cost The Position I Can Provide Car Telemetry Ect If Requested To Show The Car Was Effected Thanks.

@Sam Righton
@Jeremy Sheppard
@Jonathan Seekings

Season 2,
Round #5
Circuit de 2.4 Heurs du Mans, FR

Laps 36
May 7th, 2016 13:00
Weather: Dry, Partly Cloudy
B068D7C3-78A6-4929-9FBF-18AE4FED883C_zpswo7enhzu.jpg
1. GT3 Pro Chris Chavana, Mercedes AMG #29, -36 laps
2. GT3 Pro Tom Senchak, McLaren #2,
3. GT3 Pro Sean Fleming, McLaren #60,
4. GT3 Pro Alex Hinton, RUF #3,
5. GT3 Pro Michael Watts, Mercedes AMG #28,
6. GT3 Pro Nic Worsfold, RUF
#21,
7. GTLM Am Abe Wozniak, Corvette C7R #64, -+1 laps
8. GT3 Pro Chris Bowman, RUF #72, -+1 laps
9. GT3 Pro Railer Cantrell, Cadillac ATS-V #19, -+4 laps
10.GT3-Am Brian Batiato, Mercedes AMG #20, -+6 laps
11.GT3 Pro Matthew Spurrell, McLaren #60, -DNF (Engine)
12.GT3 Pro Søren Christensen, Bentley #7, -DNF (Retired)
13.GTLM Am Chris Jones, Corvette #3, -DNF (Suspension)
14.GT3 Pro Eric Cline, Mercedes AMG #15, -DNF (Accident)

The 24 Hours of Le Mans is the world's oldest active sports car race in endurance racing, held annually since 1923 near the town of Le Mans, France. It is one of the most prestigious automobile races in the world and is often called the "Grand Prix of Endurance and Efficiency". As the Series makes their 5th stop on schedule McLaren has a huge points lead. But with 10 races still to go the Mercedes are trying to make their presence known. In a Provisional qualifying session it was the newest Danish driver Soren Christensen, who set the pace in his Bentley with a brilliant lap of 3:52.718. Matthew Spurrell, who's been dominating the Series was able to get within one tenth of his time but ultimately settled for outside pole. In fact the top 7 drivers beat the qualifying record in Season 1.
With the front row set, Chris Chavana (3rd), Tom Senchak (4th),and Nic Worsfold rounded out the top 5.​
At the start of the race, radio issues plagued Christensen and he didn't get a good start when Green was called, and it allowed Spurrell and Chavana to jump ahead. The race start went fairly smoothly until contact forced Sean Flemming, to change his strategy and pit early with damage. Flemming, who recently left the successful McLaren team to run for Aston Martin in place of Ben Wells, who was locked out of the race due to contract implications. Spurrell was setting the pace early until around lap 7 making a mistake and handing the lead to Chavana. The first to retire was , Eric Cline, who was having a decent race making his way to 8th place and closing in on Michael Watts when he made heavy contact with the wall, damaging his car beyond repair. Christensen, frustrated by his poor start, was trying to get around Chavana when he incurred aero damage and pitted for repairs early. Then while making his way through the field spun again while going over the kurbs in the Corvette section. He felt something wasn't right with the handling of the car and retired to the pits midway through the race. Chris Jones suffered a similar fate incurring damage and brought the car to the pits only to find it was repairable forcing him to retire early. As the race progressed into the Night, the top half of the field kept pushing on and stringing together some very hot laps stretching their gaps. But before sunrise Spurrell's McLaren, suddenly lost power and forced him to retire with engine issues. At this point the race came down to Senchak and Chavana.
As the Sun came up and the race strategies played out, Senchak was the only major challenge to Chavana as the laps counted down, but a late spin left him out of contention for the win as Chavana was dealing with a fuel mileage issue on his end. Flemming had a great showing in his new Aston Martin bringing home a podium in 3rd. Alex Hinton, back from a schedule conflict that forced him to miss the first 4 races was able to bring home a 4th place finish. Watts and Nic Worsfold battled hard in the final laps of the race with Worsfold coming up short on fuel in the end and giving Watts another top 5 and Worslfold finished 6th. Abe Wozniak was able to finish in the 7th position giving a good consistent run in his Corvette. Chris Bowman, couldn't share the success of the other RUF's from Daredevil Racing, finishing 8th place a lap down, but overall had a very uneventful race. Railer Cantrell, who won the pole for Season 1's race here struggled to find his pace in the Cadillac, but managed to pull out a 9th place finish several laps down. Brian Batiato brought his Dyno-might Motorsports prepared AMG in 10th place after the stewards sat him after lap 30 for cutting the track too many times. Spurrell, Christensen, Jones, and Cline all finished 11th, 12th, 13th, and 14th respectively.
Many teams are glad to be heading to shorter Monza race, as Le Mans was a true test of focus, and endurance not only for Man but Machine.

good race guys, getting it started was a mess but it was quite fun once it did get going. Big congrats to Doc for breaking the Mclaren victory streak! Great job also to globe and Nova for podium and 4th on debut race respectively! We had a few good racing moments Mike, and I'm sure the finish would have been epic for p5 had the game not miscalculated my fuel to finish, nevertheless nicely done. I have to start using my own fuel calculations as this is the third race I've messed up in the pits, happens all too often but I should really prepare better. Shame about disconnects and minor disputes, this game will always spike frustration levels in one way or another. Looking forward to Monza and returning to 90 min races only!! lol
Sounds like you picked up my ol' problem from the last LMP2 series Nic, remember that great Willow Springs race we were having when I had to pit a few laps from home.. I know how you feel mate :thumbsdown:

Drivers Involved : @Adam Morris and @Andrew Holmes

Video Footage :

Description Of Incident : On Exit Coming Up The Hill Andrew Pushes My Car Wide As We Come Round Onto The Straight As Hes Behind Me Which Forces Me Towards The Right Hand Wall After The Contact Patch Had Gone Continued To Pass On The Outside Of Turn 1 And Dive Not Re Give The Position. I Had Already Lost Momentum After The Push Which Cost The Position I Can Provide Car Telemetry Ect If Requested To Show The Car Was Effected Thanks.

@Sam Righton
@Jeremy Sheppard
@Jonathan Seekings
All I'm gonna say is on my screen it didn't happen, I didn't make contact, but I'm not fussed enough about it to show my end of the footage so if you wanna penalise me go ahead

Feature

Q - I don't actually remember, 6th or 7th. Hehe i'm smart

Anyway, R - 8

I was confident coming into this, as my car in midweek was fast, but somehow today it just wasn't, twice the rear came round into T1, and both times i lost even more having to not rejoin in front of Tom, Bajny & rob. There was a fun little moment later thoug when Me, tom & bajny went 3 wide into T1, we all survived, but not without it's minor bumps. Then i had nothing to do with Adam about 14s ahead, & rob about 13 behind.

Sprint

Q P3

Finished up 0.089 off pole, which was annoying cause i blew 3 tenths in the last sector on my lap :(

R - P2

Rob got a great start, forcing past down towards T2, meaning adam had to brake, letting me nip through. At that point when i remembered i was a good bit quicker than rob in the feature i was pretty confident, but the old man did not give me a sniff! Made no mistakes, but when he finally did, he defended it perfectly. Nothing happened then until me and adam had a minor run in at the hairpin, but quickly sorted it out. Then i knew my chance at rob was gone so i was on my way for P2, until andrew tried a audacious move into the last corner, last lap which i somehow survived, and also more astonishingly didn't drop behind Adam. Not gonna lie, i was half rooting for rob to win that one! Plus a M3 1-2 is solid!

Overall disapointed, still don't think i've 100% proven myself, atleast i don't think i have, but hey it's upwards from here

If I got up to second I don't think I would have tried to pass him either lol such a good thing for the league both rob and dean

Was just responding to someone who was upset that SMS cancelled the ovals, and I said "it's probably because the Consoles can't handle it. That SMS hates console users and that's why the PC guys have new Audi GT3 and we'll never see it." I wasn't even being serious but SMS hates critical posts or the truth.. which ever one you want to pick.
Did you get a 2 week suspension?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 94 16.0%
  • Socks

Votes: 326 55.5%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 21 3.6%
  • Shoes