Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Feature
20160512_205933.jpg

FR: P5
Again, nothing to say. Crap race, crap pace, no point in showing my stupid face.

SR: P4
Good race @Rob McEwan. That’s all I gotta say. No point even turning up to these races anymore, that’s twice I’ve been faster in the race and have made mistakes or couldn’t pass. Can’t believe we’ve got to this stage and I haven’t won a race. Unbelievably bad season from me. Sorry for disgracing this league with my p*ss poor driving

Q: P5
FR: P5
Got a bad start but managed to stay P5. Tried to select the “Mirror HUD” and pressed the Pause button instead so ended up behind Adam. After a few laps I put a move on Adam around the outside at T1. Then managed to pass Gazza on the inside to T1 a few laps later. Went longer than the Mercs and it didn’t pay off. Tried to pressure Ben on the final lap, hit the kerb, spun, slipped behind Gazza. Doing stupid mistakes like that I don’t deserve to be the champion, which I’ve clearly proved with my terrible pace, driving and moves this season. Don’t know why I’m still here.

Q: N/A = P11
SR: P4
Decent start but couldn’t do anything with it; let Ben through and waited for the mayhem that would inevitably come. Dean and Adel took each-other off at T2 so I gained two places there. Then tried to pass Ben but couldn’t do it. I ended up behind Gazza somehow. Adel caught me and Gazza so I had to make a move. It was questionable and if it goes to the stewards I don’t really care what penalty I get; any less than P1 doesn’t mean anything to me now because simply I just want to win a race this year to prove to both you guys and myself I can still do it (which after the season I’ve had I don’t think I can). Then managed to catch Liam and Adam who were battling ahead. Got onto the back of Adam and managed to get through on the exit of Druids. Tried a move on the inside into Lodge on Liam on the final lap and I messed up again, giving Adam the place back. Well done to @Rob McEwan, demoting me to No. 3 M3 driver.

Feature

Q - I don't actually remember, 6th or 7th. Hehe i'm smart

Anyway, R - 8

I was confident coming into this, as my car in midweek was fast, but somehow today it just wasn't, twice the rear came round into T1, and both times i lost even more having to not rejoin in front of Tom, Bajny & rob. There was a fun little moment later thoug when Me, tom & bajny went 3 wide into T1, we all survived, but not without it's minor bumps. Then i had nothing to do with Adam about 14s ahead, & rob about 13 behind.

Sprint

Q P3

Finished up 0.089 off pole, which was annoying cause i blew 3 tenths in the last sector on my lap :(

R - P2

Rob got a great start, forcing past down towards T2, meaning adam had to brake, letting me nip through. At that point when i remembered i was a good bit quicker than rob in the feature i was pretty confident, but the old man did not give me a sniff! Made no mistakes, but when he finally did, he defended it perfectly. Nothing happened then until me and adam had a minor run in at the hairpin, but quickly sorted it out. Then i knew my chance at rob was gone so i was on my way for P2, until andrew tried a audacious move into the last corner, last lap which i somehow survived, and also more astonishingly didn't drop behind Adam. Not gonna lie, i was half rooting for rob to win that one! Plus a M3 1-2 is solid!

Overall disapointed, still don't think i've 100% proven myself, atleast i don't think i have, but hey it's upwards from here

Audi Motorsports
## Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3
Driver: Alex Hinton
Hometown: Washington D.C., US
Bio:
A young talented driver, that shows a lot of speed and natural ability. After a great start in WEC Season 1, scheduling conflicts prevented him from showing his true potential in the series. Hinton shows great speed at tough tracks like Norschliefe, qualifying 2nd after switching to the RUF, and nearly won at Sonoma. Now back full time in the series Hinton is looking to score some valuable points after switching to the Audi after just one race back in the RUF.

Was just responding to someone who was upset that SMS cancelled the ovals, and I said "it's probably because the Consoles can't handle it. That SMS hates console users and that's why the PC guys have new Audi GT3 and we'll never see it." I wasn't even being serious but SMS hates critical posts or the truth.. which ever one you want to pick.

good race guys, getting it started was a mess but it was quite fun once it did get going. Big congrats to Doc for breaking the Mclaren victory streak! Great job also to globe and Nova for podium and 4th on debut race respectively! We had a few good racing moments Mike, and I'm sure the finish would have been epic for p5 had the game not miscalculated my fuel to finish, nevertheless nicely done. I have to start using my own fuel calculations as this is the third race I've messed up in the pits, happens all too often but I should really prepare better. Shame about disconnects and minor disputes, this game will always spike frustration levels in one way or another. Looking forward to Monza and returning to 90 min races only!! lol

Feature

Q: 1st repeated my best lap of the week so can't ask for more

R: 3rd

Tricky race usual poor start put me behind dean and Adel settled in behind my teammate until he made a slight error allowing me past. We tried to apply pressure to dean but he was basically faultless apart from a couple things. Tried the undercut which would have worked had it not been for my lack of talent on my out lap and a spin exiting the final corner letting Adel repass.

Overall brakes died at the end which made defending Andrew a challenge and tyres faded on the left side lucky to get p3

Well done @Dean Ragan finally showing the speed I warned people of. @Adel Elsayed top drive again

Sprint

Q: 9th

R: 10th

Really gutted after this race made changes to th car for the race and they worked I moved up quickly to 6th then closed the front group put a nice pass on @Benjamin McC who did well to see me then closed up to the rest only to lose the car on an exit kerb at the penultimate corner ripped a wheel off but dragged it back to the pits so I could bag p10. But that wasn't important what is in fact I'd @Rob McEwan driving the best race I've seen him drive and winning so soon in this league! It's incredible

Again well done to the other podium guys and Adel who made me look silly tonight

Out of control racing back on top yo

Last edited:
Feature
Q.11th
R.9th
The game did me over for the Feature, the car felt totally different massively unstable at the rear the gearing was out too, i went off abunch of times and apart from racing tom I had a pretty lonely race. All I had to do was unplug then re plug my wheel but didn't do that till after the race. Anyway I think doing 30 laps in that heap helped me drive better in the Sprint Race.

Sprint
Q.2nd half a sec better than my pb
R.1st
Got a good launch off the line, thought Adam was on my left going into T1 so tried to stay as central as possible going into t2, at the little kink right before the left Adam was level with me and I kinda squeezed him out of track. Sorry if that was too much I thought you were on my left and left room on that side. On the run down to the hairpin I was thinking "well at least I lead a race for a bit" I didn't think for a sec I was gonna stay in the lead. (The fact I couldn't select my rear view mirror probably helped me stay there because it would have been full of liam the whole time.)
At the end of the first lap I was thinking "well at least I led for a lap". On lap 2 or 3 I messed up my entry to t2 and Liam got along side me into the hairpin but I held the inside and kept staying in front. Before I realised it was lap 10 and I started to think yep if I don't mess up I can actually win. That's when the nerves crept in and my consistency dropped a little. On lap 13 I think I made another error into t2 and Liam had to lift behind me letting Adam along side him heading down towards the hairpin, they must have come together or something because I had a little gap from then on. My last lap was nerve wrecking but I made it through to take the win.
An unbelievably exciting race. Really didn't think it would happen so soon. Thanks to @Dean Ragan for the help with setting up the car and congrats yourself with the win:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Also thanks for all help from everyone, I've been able to settle in so quick because everyone has been so helpful.really appreciate it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 94 16.4%
  • Socks

Votes: 315 55.0%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 21 3.7%
  • Shoes

Votes: 69 12.0%