Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Good showing everyone :thumbsup:. 14 drivers one Retiree. Appreciate all who made it. I think it was an exciting race. We still need to keep the chatter down as the Caution's were becoming very confusing for the leader and other drivers. I may have to resort to some kind of noise maker in order to institute a Caution period. Beside that Chatter should be kept to just calling your move, and not a play by play breakdown of how the race is unfolding. I've been guilty of this as well, but I try to keep it very quite as I'm the one supposed to be calling the Cautions and I have to hear for drivers making contact, or losing a wheel.
Unofficial Results:
Screenshot_2016-05-04-22-41-51_zpss8j5gsxf.png

14. Chris Jones / AsleepSteak / Corvette #3 GT-Am DNF (Accident)
Hey Mike,

Is this screen from pCars Dash? Does it not show you the actual gap to leader at the end of the race rather than gap to fastest lap?

Can I ask that tonight we're not morons at turn one. There's zero point in dive bombing; fair enough if you wanna make a move on the first lap but remember that track is only just wide enough for two cars, so let's not be stupid and try and go three wide or something. I don't care who you are that isn't go well around here

Sorry I disconnected fellas, usually never happens to me. I was playing in the middle of a huge thunderstorm which wiped out the internet for 2/3 hours....
I should have stayed in the UK, at least I would have finished the race!

Championship standings.... Ouch.

European drivers are at a disadvantage having to drive so late into the night. Very hard to maintain focus when you're body's clock is telling you it's time to sleep.
"Engine failures" are a more realistic way to not finish a race, and I believe more honorable than Retiring for personal reasons, lol. If you lose power while driving it could be electrical or engine.. so it is what it is. I've been disconnected from a few league races in the past and it sucks.

Had a great time up to getting DQ'd with 4 laps left in the Forza Chicane. I didn't feel that I cut the track coming out of the turn, but if I didn't slide out so many other times then I would have finished. Overall had fun. Thanks Mike with the help on setting up the car. Congrats Doc on the win. I was watching everyone at the end. Bad luck Toast, you were catching Mike. It was looking to be a good battle between you 2 at the end.

I will be back for June 22 at Road America so when you post the race Mike, please sign me up.

Had a good start to the race and pulled away from doc, made a couple if mistakes which have him the lead about 6/7 laps in. He was very consistent and setting good times. I was able to slowly creep back towards him but I made too many small errors.
Got the undercut on around lap 14 and full fuelled it to go to lap 30. Had I not retired I would have put a splash in and kept the tyres on as they were in good condition. I think I would have been in a strong position in the morning, was looking forward to a good battle with the top 3. Retiring on a double points even eat was a very difficult pill to swallow but it is what it is. The racing and general pace of the whole field was absolutely astounding with the top 5/6 guys beating the world record. I'm very humbled to be in a league with such a high calibre of drivers.

Bring on Monza!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 94 16.4%
  • Socks

Votes: 315 55.0%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 21 3.7%
  • Shoes