Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Season 2,
Round #3
Circuit De Spa Francorchamps, BE

Laps 41
April 17th, 2016 13:00
Weather: Overcast, Rain.​
bes-24-hours-of-spa-2011-60-mclaren-gt-mclaren-gt-adam-christodoulou-glynn-geddie-phil-qua.jpg

1. GT3 Pro Matthew Spurrell, McLaren #60 -41 laps
2. GT3 Pro Tom Senchak, McLaren #2
3. GT3 Pro Chris Chavana, Mercedes AMG #29 -+1Laps
4. GT3 Pro Sean Flemming, McLaren #60 -+1Laps
5. GT3 Pro Michael Watts, Mercedes AMG #28 -+1Laps
6. GT3 Pro Chris Bowman Bentley Continental #84 -+1Laps
7. GT3 Am Abe Wozniak, Corvette C7R #64 -+2 laps
8. GT3 Pro Ben Wells, Aston Martin #99 -+18 laps
9. GT3 Pro Nic Worsfold, Bentley Continental #85 DNF (Accident)
10.GT3 Am Ben Kennel, Aston Martin #55 DNF (Handling)
11.GT3 Pro Eric Cline, Mercedes AMG #15 DNF (Accident)

With the Series in Belgium, there were more on the teams plate than waffles. Spa Francochamps is a tough and challenging track, with Eau Rouge being one of the toughest corner's in motorpsorts. And Spa did not disappoint in that aspect as Eau Rouge ate several cars during the course of the race. Also this was the 2nd race to experience rain which didn't help things.
As usual Matthew Spurrell was fast and set a blistering pace in Qualifying and in the Race. Qualifying saw a lot of sub 2:20 laps with Spurrell taking the pole, Tom Senchak taking second, with Ben Wells in third, Nic Worsfold in Forth, with Sean Flemming, rounding out the top 5.
The race started well through Eau Rouge with Tom Senchak making an initial charge at Spurrell, early hoping to clear his car as they worked into sector 2, until Ben Wells spun while trying to get to the outside of Senchak. Wells spin collected Chavana, and a caution ensued. Both Wells and Chavana pitted for damage and re-joined the field. Back under green the field went several more laps before Eric Cline's car found the wall hard exiting Eau Rouge. Able to pull of the track and retire the race remained green, until Nic Worsfold's Bentley found the same fate a few laps later losing a wheel and bringing out the 2nd Caution. Limping to the pits Worsfold got some help from his teammate Chris Bowman, who also had his share of struggles. Making it to the pits and repairing the damage Worsfold was never really ever to recover and retired early. Bowman on the other hand, ended up recovering to finish 6th in his Bentley. Ben Kennell's first race in the series didn't end well as pit problems lead to handling issues forcing him to retire early as well.
As for the rest of the field it was a challenging race especially when the rain set in midway in the race. As teams began to pit Ben Wells found issues in the pits that would keep him in there for most of the race. With his clutch going out he wasn't able to rejoin the race until the very end. While the other teams struggled to find grip in the rain, the McLarens would show to dominate the pace. Sean Flemming was having a briliant race in his McLaren until damage forced him to drop back and give the position to Chavana's. This was the debut of the Mercedes AMG in the series, and it was able to snag a podium. Watts' Mercedes wasn't as fortunate finishing in 5th a lap down from leader and Race Winner Matthew Spurrell. Spurrell ran a perfect race with hardly any slips. His McLaren was dialed in and on rails for most of the race and even the rain his pace was several seconds ahead of runner-up Tom Senchak in a similarly prepared McLaren sporting a new sponsor. Abe Wozniak brought home his C7R in 7th for some valuable AM points, and the lead in the GT-Am standings. All in all it was a tough day for many teams, and one many would like to forget beside Spurrell, who's performance was spot on for the whole weekend. Spurrell, now with a commanding lead in the points looks forward to more domination at Hockenheim in two weeks time, as the rest of the teams look to rebound from their poor performance.

Rounds 25 & 26- Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Blancpain-Endurance-Series---Start-of-the-race_0.jpg

Race Details
Event Date: 5th May 2016
Feature Race Time: 2pm
Feature Race Laps: 18
Sprint Race Time: 3pm
Sprint Race Laps: 9
After an intriguing couple of races in germany, TNGTC rounds 25 and 26 will be held in the neighbouring country Belgium. The track will be the legendary location that is known simply as Spa. The 7 kilometres of long sweeping corners will provide a stern test to both a driver's bravery and also a car's high speed cornering ability. This track is home to many difficult corners and that's not just because they are hard to spell. Corners such as Eau Rouge :confused: Raidillon, Pouhon and Blanchimont just to name a few. The feature race will commence 2pm and the sprint, an hour later as always at 3pm. Also as if the prospect of tackling this circuit wasn't difficult enough the weather will surely have an impact as it will be set to random for both races. That means all drivers will need to prepare for any and all weather conditions, I suggest building an ark.

Track Map (If you look closely it's a Raven stood on a branch)
circuit_spa_francorchamps_map_kaart_eybis.jpg

A Hot Lap

How not to do the 'Bus Stop'
Press Conference:
Q- A lot of drivers love this track. What is your favourite track on the calendar?
Q- Do you want rain to fall from the sky during the race?
Q- How much do Eau Rouge and Raidillon scare you?
Q- Any other comments on this weeks race?

Last edited:
Press Conference:

Q- A lot of drivers love this track. What is your favourite track on the calendar?

Oulton Park :sneaky:

No because I don't know how to build an ark :roflmao:

I crashed at Eau Rouge during pre season testing and my pants were completely brown :poop:, it was very scary :notworthy:

Mercedes Op. It must be banned!!! :roflmao::cautious::thumbsup:

Yeah love this track in any car so looking forward to it so this track is my favourite

As opposed to seeping through the Tarmac? No not really but it will happen here

Not as much as you :laugh: I love the challenge and it is in the merc

Don't have full power here but really looking to take the fight back in both championships we are faster each race so hopefully we find the sweet spot in this beast:thumbsup:

Press Conference:

As a huge BTCC Fan, I'm looking forward to Oulton Park & Donington, Also Laguna Seca (Although it'll suck for M3) So probably Donington

IMOLA 2.0 LADS

in all seriousness though I dunno. Since I went m3, my only wet driving was Bugatti, where my pace was pretty fast, even pulled away from Adel in the feature. So probably yes

Not as much as racing Gaz scares me. You have no idea what being put in the gravel twice by gaz can do to a man :( #GazGate

Yes, isn't it technically next weeks race?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 57 14.8%
  • Socks

Votes: 208 54.2%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • Shoes

Votes: 49 12.8%