Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Also for your viewing pleasure
909CC6F8-8655-4D19-B1EB-B48245CB26B8_zpsmcrvgghr.jpg

DD1730AC-511E-4CEB-8CEA-2F5649BEDC56_zpsoydgycqc.jpg

6B4671CD-E22B-4757-9467-2D2490513968_zps6egpb3jw.jpg

Race 3 @ Zolder GP- RS01 Cup Round 2 Results
1.EpilepticToast (pole, fastest lap in race).......52
2.DocHoliday600..............................................45
3.Michael Watts................................................40
4.Octoberdusk06..............................................36
5.Mcnasty0421.................................................32
6.SpiffPF2.........................................................28
7.AsleepSteak...................................................26

standings here

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...onship-standings-results.119820/#post-2213881

it was a fun race, no connection issues so that's good too. See you guys at brands for the ginetta sprint cup!
Sorry to AC and globe, who I know would have been up there in pace. Sucks you couldn't get on in time, I tried to spare a few extra mins but it wasn't long enough to get you guys in. Hope everyone makes next race!

Feature

Q: 6th
R: 4th

Total save @Adam Morris had issues at the start and for some reason his car stopped and I had no chance to miss him car was crabbing and I thought about retirement from the race but pitted at the end of lap 1 and tried to make my tyres last somehow. Pace was ok and I just remained consistent I could see I was the second fastest guy in the first stint. After everyone stopped I was racing @Benjamin McC for 3rd passed him as team dark horse went into melt down again but ran out of tyres with a couple laps to go so was powerless to fight against him. Good race and pleased with 4th

Sprint
Q: 8th
R: 2nd

Insane race was hit countless times so gave a bit back to people so I think it was fair had a good battle with @LIAMATTHURSO and dom they eventually tried to kill each other so I took 2nd then defended to claim 2nd. Needed that and we will take that confidence to spa where our fight back begins

Good job @Adel Elsayed kept his head tonight and scored good points for the team. and well done @Benjamin McC @Rob McEwan great results for you guys also

Feature was a nightmare. Smashed into the non moving adam on lap 1, continued to see how bad it was, before realising i was far slower than my usual. Pitted lap 3, came out and was catching Andrew pretty damn fast, until he lost it out of T4 & i couldn't avoid him, smashing into his stationary car at 120 mph. I had to pit again, and decided not to change tyres again. When i re-emerged i realised i still had engine damage, and by lap 16 i had no green left on my front tyres. Somehow got back in the points dispite all that.

Sprint. Knew adam already had it in the bag, it was a case of could i get P2. Managed to take P2 in T1 by going round andrews outside, then my focus was just go as fast as possible until the faster cars came along. First up it was ben, and i gave it my all trying to keep him behind, which i successfully did. Then it was Nics turn, he had a great run into T1, and we went side by side for ages, with little bits of bumping, which nic has apologised for, unfortunately it let ben through. Last 2 laps my brakes kept snatching which allowed gaz past. P5 is ok i guess.

I hope now that since i've battled the 2 championship contenders wheel to wheel, that i've proven i'm not just fast (which admittedly i've not shown as much as i'd like) that i'm also a good trustable wheel to wheel racer.

Feature
Q - 1st
R - 1st

Good start. A bit OP because of the high altitude and it being my favorite circuit. Comfortable drive, took it easy in 1st stint then decided to push in 2nd stint so I don't make any mistakes. Opened gap from 7 to 21 secs in end. Solid result, another victory, wish it felt as good as it Really is. Didn't invalidate one single lap

Sprint
R - 3rd

Really made up my mind that I was just going to hang back and not make any aggressive moves, had a sandwich in turn 1 with Prehn Ben and Rob hitting Ben from behind pretty hard and gettif damage, had nowhere to go really, I suffered from it. Paced myself to catch Ben & Liam, caught them and just hesitated to attack, just didn't want to be aggressive after all the bs lately. Got fed up watching and attacked with some hits up bens behind with him braking extremely early and potentially brake checking me so held back to avoid that then made a clean pass on Ben out of last chicane. Lined up Liam for a pass and didn't finish it properly, had side by side action with him for a few corners, we gave each other as much room as we can but had to touch side by side at some point and the games glitch sent us straight giving Ben an easy pass on both of us after he cut massively before that to catch us. Could have muscled my way pass Ben but again just tried to play it safe, solid result still. Invalidated 2 laps total happy about the clean racing.

Sprint highlights

Q: 3rd :confused:
R 3rd :cool:

I was totally shocked from my qualifying time, 1.54.1!!! Got of to an average Bentley start but had a moment with @Gareth Williams heading down to turn 1. After turn 1, I found myself P2 behind @Dominic Ollivierre and tried to settle down, erase the nerves and follow Nic. Nic easily pulled away and I found Gazza right behind me. He stayed at the 5 tenths mark for a good majority of the first sprint but as soon as I felt I was losing time trying to defend, I decided to make it easier for him to overtake me, as I wanted to secure a podium instead of fighting for P2 which could've resulted to falling to P4 as I knew @Ben Milden was going to be right with me after the pits. I wasn't wrong, and after @Thomas While trying a big move up the inside of me at turn 1, Ben got passed. I pushed to get pass him but it was very hard because the Mercedes brake so early. I eventually was able to make a move up the inside at turn 1 which lead to a nice battle between us in sector 1. In the end Ben couldn't do anything because of tyre wear and I was able to pull a 6 second lead to him to bring home a 3rd place. Something I never thought I would achieve, especially from where I was last season. First proper time being on the podium and it was nice to see some fans among the crowd :inlove:. I would also like to thank everyone who has helped to improve me as a driver and has gotten me to where I am today :thumbsup:. It's only a podium, but it means so much more to me.

Q: DNS
R: 7th

I really have to improve my race craft :roflmao:. I haven't had to race people properly since Imola time. As a result, my race craft was a bit rusty and struggled to get passed everyone. But once again, Ola has proven to be a very clean driver as we where able to battle without contact again. Always enjoy our battles @OllieRixon . After that I try to catch Adel and Gazza, but it was too late and I had to settle with 7th.

Overall, a very good race night. Scoring good points in the drivers and teams championships. Come on @Thomas While. We're almost the top midfield team.

Well my time as a front runner is over for now. Hope to be racing with the top guys again very very soon. :sneaky:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 53 15.2%
  • Socks

Votes: 189 54.2%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 12 3.4%