Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

We will see, should have a good battle up front. I'll definitely be saving this replay.
Be careful when saving such long replays, sometimes it corrupts the save file and you'll lose all your setups etc. I can remember all my setups by now, but some time ago it happened to me and I lost it all when I yet couldn't remember them and had to start from scratch. A good method is to take pictures of your setup ;)

yeah as long at the xbox cloud isnt full (which is where pcars saves replays) then you're fine. I think 4-5 is the max, and i found that out the hard way. But like Michael, I post my setups to the database so I wasn't even mad actually. I was a good way to reset all my data too :)

Little comforting to know it's not just me, the AMG is slower than the SLS. These are the PC Leaderboard times. Disregard the 24.535 as that is a BS time obviously. But still I'm not going back to the SLS. Just wish we could slow down the McLarens.
SLS times hockenheim.jpg

AMG times at Hockenheim.jpg

This is what I have to look forward too... LoL...
McLaren vs AMG.jpg

Sorry just a little bored at work guys... I would love to have more parity with these cars like we did in the first two races. Qualifying at least was all within tenths of each other, but then you figure in driver skill and it all goes out the window. Thats why it's good to check the leaderboard's too. I'm sure that's why Toast is switching to the RUF after seeing the amazing times that car has put down at this track and others.

If you go >here< you can actually compare all the cars at the same time by hitting the multi car button. Now I wish we could give a Bump of performance to the Corvettes and Cadillacs :(

... Now I wish we could give a Bump of performance to the Corvettes and Cadillacs :(

In terms of the Vette, its not that its lacking performance, its just that its on the wrong tires. Or the GT3 cars are on the wrong tires. I know I've said this before, but Jussi nailed it on the pCARS forum IMO.
The in-game GT3 softs, are most likely the closest to the GTE/GTLM slicks (which GT3 cars do not use IRL). In in-game hards are most likely closest to the compound provided by Pirelli for the PWC and the Blancpain series which only has one dry compound available for the cars. GT3 cars are faster than GTE because they typically have more power and less drag.

But unitl there is a way to force certain cars to use certain compounds, the GTE cars will also be slower, even tho they are running pretty much to real world specs.

Little comforting to know it's not just me, the AMG is slower than the SLS. These are the PC Leaderboard times. Disregard the 24.535 as that is a BS time obviously. But still I'm not going back to the SLS. Just wish we could slow down the McLarens.
View attachment 133693
View attachment 133694
This is what I have to look forward too... LoL...
View attachment 133695
If you look at the same drivers, they more or less drive the same times in both cars, actually even faster in the AMG GT. Khaki and Masa is however 2 crazy fast drivers, I've watched alot of streams with those two, if they would drive the new AMG as their usual car, I bet they could extract similar times as the SLS. Setup tweaks and practice makes perfect.

Well the overall times are down compared to the SLS. Sure there are a few fast guys, and they're going to be fast in anything they drive. But there are far more 37's in the SLS vs the AMG. Same for the Corvette, Cadillac, and Aston GTE vs. the rest of the GT3 class. Just not sure why SMS only performed a BOP on the Bentley and every car there after without adjusting the performance of the original GT3 cars. The Ginetta could surely use some help, and really the GTE class should probably be separated.
I should have just formed a separate GTE class to begin with if we had more than just two cars. I suppose we could have thrown the Ginetta and Z4 in there without Stability. If we weren't already 3 races in I would do it to bring back the Vette and GTE Aston.

Are you in the 36's yet Haveblue? The RUF is actually running 38's with very little effort. I have to push the car hard to achieve that, my best in practice so far was a 38.6 with +62.5L of fuel and all ducts opened up. But the tires go away quick if I try to maintain that pace. Just for shitzengiggles I drove the Mclaren and was surprised by the feel of the car. I really only tested that car at Sonoma when I first got the game. But lack of liveries turned me off of it.

We haven't done much running on medium to high fuel yet in the Mclaren, but I think we're roughly mid to high 37s, low 38s for race pace. The tyres are going off fairly quickly for us. Me and Tom are both only a few tenths of the world record in terms of quali pace so I don't think the Mclaren has much more to give than we can get out of it.

What did you think of the Mclaren? We're all struggling a lot over the curbs, car is very unsettled.

Im'll be sticking with the Mclaren this season because I love the brand but in the future I might be tempted to go in something unfamiliar like a Vette or an AMG.

Last edited:
GTE's just aren't competitive with the GT3's except maybe the Ginetta. And I'm not completely sold on the Caddy. I want to see how that performs with a good driver behind the wheel. I've been studying the difference in times from the PC Leaderboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 60 14.3%
  • Socks

Votes: 232 55.2%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 17 4.0%
  • Shoes

Votes: 54 12.9%