Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Yep that's what's happening, it used to just doesn't now after me messing around with the ffb settings ?!
And balls!!! I'm way off, wonder how much is my lack of skill and how much is setup.....

Rob, track knowledge is paramount. I was somewhat weak in season 1 because even tho i knew the layout of the circuits i didn't know the feel and coordination of the driving for the tracks, each apex on most circuits have so much time to be gained just on feel and balance, and contrary to popular belief, it's hardly setup. When we can't find the pace we blame it all on setup when it's not 100% the case. You can try all the best setups in the world and even tho right away your car will feel better in your mind psychologically you may gain a second but you won't be much faster cuz the rest is up to your feel for the track and you have to Work On that, and boy does it take time. It's hard stuff this racing thing, we've all come a long way,mostly me being a 1st time gamer. But so far, you clearly have talent and it's only a matter of time before you get it. Took me a whole season to get it right :). Almost there!

You chat so much. No way is M3s doing 54.2. The only car i've seen in the 54s is the bentleys & probably the merc. We're 100 bhp down, me and andrew are ragging it & only getting mid 55s. Maybe in perfect condition, perfect setup, but right now, no way

You and Andrew Need To Listen Haha I Joke But Both Me And Gareth Are 2 Off The best People To Ask Regarding The Cars And Setups I Know For A Fact That M3 Can Be In The 54s i was doing it S1 During Testing My Best I Believe Was A 54.7 something like that and was defiantly room to improve since the games been changed ect over previous patches id say mid 54s is defiantly possible And Ive Told Andrew Multiple Times Where To Start lol But He Must Think Im Trying to Sabotage Or Something As Wont Listen To Me Maybe You Will. Try This Setup And Keep It As your Base I Guarantee You Will Be Faster And Ill Help Anyone That Try's This With The Adjustments Needed To Make It Better, I Dont Like To Brag But For Setups And Adjusting To New Cars I Am The Best In This League :) And I Want To Help Everyone To Be Competitive. @LIAMATTHURSO Hope It Helps Trust Me It Will.

Last edited:
Rob, track knowledge is paramount. I was somewhat weak in season 1 because even tho i knew the layout of the circuit i didn't know the feel and coordination of the driving for the track, each apex on most circuits have so much time to be gained just on feel and balance, and contrary to popular belief, it's hardly setup. You can try all the best setups in the world and even tho right away your car will feel better in your mind psychologically you may gain a second but you won't be much faster cuz the rest is up to your feel for the track and you have to Work On that, and boy does it take time. It's hard stuff this racing thing, we've all come a long way,mostly me being a 1st time gamer. But so far, you clearly have talent and it's only a matter of time before you get it. Took me a whole season to get it right :). Almost there!
I have done quite a few laps and I think I am getting the most out of my current setup. I agree knowing the track is essential I just wasn't sure what everyone else was doing and how far off I was/am

Rob, track knowledge is paramount. I was somewhat weak in season 1 because even tho i knew the layout of the circuits i didn't know the feel and coordination of the driving for the tracks, each apex on most circuits have so much time to be gained just on feel and balance, and contrary to popular belief, it's hardly setup. When we can't find the pace we blame it all on setup when it's not 100% the case. You can try all the best setups in the world and even tho right away your car will feel better in your mind psychologically you may gain a second but you won't be much faster cuz the rest is up to your feel for the track and you have to Work On that, and boy does it take time. It's hard stuff this racing thing, we've all come a long way,mostly me being a 1st time gamer. But so far, you clearly have talent and it's only a matter of time before you get it. Took me a whole season to get it right :). Almost there!

I Disagree With My Teamie "Sorry Nic :)" But Thats Just Me I Know Silverstone Like The Back Of My Hand Doesn't Mean All Be Quickest There Because I Know The Track, Setup On This Game Means More Than Knowing The Tracks Andrews A Prime Example Of That he Knows This Game Extremely Well And The Tracks Yet Due To Lack Of Setup Knowledge He Is At A Disadvantage Against say Me Or Yourself Nic You Need The Car Under You To Be Able To Push To Your Limits Without A Car Setup Thats Not Going To Happen No Matter How Good U Are, Knowing The Track Is A Factor But Not As Much As Setup And The Car Itself, Like Me At BRNO S1 I Was Perfect Driving The Track But Without That M3 Setup I Made Be No Way I Would Of Been So Much Faster In The M3 Or At Any Track For That Matter.

You and Andrew Need To Listen Haha I Joke But Both Me And Gareth Are 2 Off The best People To Ask Regarding The Cars And Setups I Know For A Fact That M3 Can Be In The 54s i was doing it S1 During Testing My Best I Believe Was A 54.7 something like that and was defiantly room to improve since the games been changed ect over previous patches id say mid 54s is defiantly possible And Ive Told Andrew Multiple Times Where To Start lol But He Must Think Im Trying to Sabotage Or Something As Wont Listen To Me Maybe You Will. Try This Setup And Keep It As your Base I Guarantee You Will Be Faster And Ill Help Anyone That Try's This With The Adjustments Needed To Make It Better, I Dont Like To Brag But For Setups And Adjusting To New Cars I Am The Best In This League :) And I Want To Help Everyone To Be Competitive. @LIAMATTHURSO Hope It Helps Trust Me It Will.

Do you have a nurburgring setup i could borrow at all then? I'm pushing the car to the limits, but no matter what, the car doesn't behave how i want

I have done quite a few laps and I think I am getting the most out of my current setup. I agree knowing the track is essential I just wasn't sure what everyone else was doing and how far off I was/am

You got this bro! Keep pushing! Setup is definitely essential but driver's pace is paramount. You will understand better what I mean when you do get a great setup from Adam and find that you will be a few tenths quicker but where the top notch pace is, is in just raw circuit pace. There's a reason why at some circuits we are much faster than we are at others and it all boils down to your flow and feel. I've watched drivers have the base, and take the exact same lines and approaches and yet are 2 secs slower, and that's not setup cuz they use he same setup, it's all about feel bro, trust me. All the little tricks in the driving make all the difference. From The pulse action braking, the trail braking, the moderated acceleration much earlier out of corners, the early counter steer action to optimize mechanical grip... There's so much buddy. Setup is the base and Adam is right, you can't push a car to its lint if it's not setup right, but when u reach the car's limit, then there's the drivers limit, and u improve it by diversity in racing and track time n knowledge ;)

All,

I apologize as I'm new to this site and not trying to derail your thread, but I would love to join in with you guys if possible. I also would not mind being the aforementioned "Audi guy". Would someone message me and let me know how I could get involved? Thanks.

Audi Called me for a track day thats all i could do.

Attachments

• Track Day.jpg
    Track Day.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 153
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 42 15.4%
  • Socks

Votes: 146 53.5%