Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Gentlemen,

First off, it's good to be involved in sim racing once again. Some of you I have raced with in the past, mostly in an F1 league, others I have not. Regardless, we all have something in common and that's we all love racing (and perhaps we're all adrenaline junkies to some extent).

Although I'm still getting up to speed with the happenings in the league, based on what I have read and seen in video, it seems we're still struggling with the same issues that have plagued sim racing from the beginning of time:
1.) Respect for others on and off the track
2.) Spacial awareness
3.) Better decisions

To elaborate on the first item, bottom-line, racing is more about respect for fellow drivers than driving fast and winning. Without respect, all we have is a blood-sport. In any form of racing, mutual respect amongst drivers is first and foremost. With that, we have to keep in mind that we're sharing the same real estate and we somehow have to make it work as we share that space whilst trying improve our position NOT at the expense of another driver. This goes for the forum as well.

The spacial awareness issue is difficult for me because in my mind it is impossible to not know another car is there. Without looking you can feel or hear the other car and to drive in a way as if the car isn't there leading to an incident is near inexcusable. Of course, we can use the age-old justification of lag or sync issues but with that knowledge I personally would err on the side of caution.

Decision-making is crucial in racing and really makes the difference in success and failure. Sure there's a certain amount of risk we have to take but deciding to be conservative in one corner while racing with another car versus being aggressive in every corner may make the difference between having an epic race and finish and not finishing at all.

I echo the thoughts of my fellow stewards that as a league we can do better. More so, remember that we're all here to have fun. I'd say most of us race in an organized league because we like a challenge, we enjoy the social aspect of it, and it allows us to "release" or forget about life and the stress that comes with that. At least, that's what's it's been for me.

To finish my comments, there's a saying that if you want to change another person you start by changing yourself. If we want better, more respectful, and incident-free racing, it starts with each doing something to change their own mentality and approach to the race. It's not to say that we rollover like pansies every time a driver is putting on pressure or racing us hard, but there are some things we can perhaps do better or different to make the racing experience more enjoyable for all.

Guys, I have nothing but the utmost respect for you all as drivers and sim racers. You have a talent and understanding of racing that I can only wish to have. I hope we can move forward, forgive a little, and give a little (inches on the racetrack that is) and a have good rest of the season.

Jeremy a.k.a. Bones

I'd like to propose a rule for the stewards office.

"No inquires can be made until 24 hours has past since race end."

This rule will allow time to cool off, review footage, and talk to other drivers before making an angry post in the stewards office.
What do you guys think?
That's good idea.i think most of the times it's just silly things what we are complaining about.

I'm new to this league racing. How do I sign up for the race? Do I need to prove my skills before hand or something? My Gamertag is sochri1337 on Xbox and I can run decent lap times, fx: Hockenheim 1.36-1.37,
Monza 1.44s,
Spa 2.14s-2.15s.
Nurburgring GP 1.54s,
Bathurst 2.03s-2.04s,
Imola 1.41s-1.42s.

I want to compete in some leagues, because standard online lobbies is too slow and full of crashers lol!

I'm new to this league racing. How do I sign up for the race? Do I need to prove my skills before hand or something? My Gamertag is sochri1337 on Xbox and I can run decent lap times, fx: Hockenheim 1.36-1.37,
Monza 1.44s,
Spa 2.14s-2.15s.
Nurburgring GP 1.54s,
Bathurst 2.03s-2.04s,
Imola 1.41s-1.42s.

I want to compete in some leagues, because standard online lobbies is too slow and full of crashers lol!
BTW Im driving the Bentley GT3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 37 15.0%
  • Socks

Votes: 133 54.1%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • Shoes