Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Feature

Q:10
R:9

Half decent start for once, which was helped by the jar dropping crash from @Adam Morris going into turn 1 :confused:. Got into my rhythm quite quickly and was able to make a breath taking move up the inside of Liam going into copse :cool: and after that I settled down from where I was able to keep up with the front pack for the first stint. But just before the pitstop phrase, I lost focus and turned straight into the barrier on the inside of copse, sending me on a 360 degree spin at over 100mph :whistling:. The car was ok but the tyres weren't, so I pitted. I came out behind Rob, who has really impressed me with how much he's improved so quickly :thumbsup:.I drove the car home for a damage limitation race finishing just ahead of my fellow party member, Adam.

Sprint

Q:4
R:5

Everyone in the ADOM party was surprised to see a rolling start but me and Adam where able to excel from this. Adam did his job of pulling away, followed by Liam, Andrew and me. Us four where able to pull away from everyone but I soon realised a unexpected event, Andrew was actually holding me up :confused:. I tried a couple of moves, but it was impossible to pass the worlds best defender, which also allowed Ben to catch me up. I had to forget about Andrew and focus on keeping Ben's Mercedes monster behind me. Unfortunately the Mercedes has a big engine and was able to sail past me on the straight :cry:. Nic soon got passed as well, which allowed me to have a front row seat of the Titanic battle which was set to unfold :coffee:. Ben made a small mistake coming into the Farm section with his Mercedes hitting the rear of Andrew. This allowed Nic to get pass and nearly me, but Ben's car came back across the track from oversteer and nearly took me of the track. I then had to settle for another P5 finish, equaling my personal best result from Le Mans Bugatti and I'm looking forward to Nurburgring with my current form :cool:.

Good pace benji

Feature

Q:10
R:9

Half decent start for once, which was helped by the jar dropping crash from @Adam Morris going into turn 1 :confused:. Got into my rhythm quite quickly and was able to make a breath taking move up the inside of Liam going into copse :cool: and after that I settled down from where I was able to keep up with the front pack for the first stint. But just before the pitstop phrase, I lost focus and turned straight into the barrier on the inside of copse, sending me on a 360 degree spin at over 100mph :whistling:. The car was ok but the tyres weren't, so I pitted. I came out behind Rob, who has really impressed me with how much he's improved so quickly :thumbsup:.I drove the car home for a damage limitation race finishing just ahead of my fellow party member, Adam.

Sprint

Q:4
R:5

Everyone in the ADOM party was surprised to see a rolling start but me and Adam where able to excel from this. Adam did his job of pulling away, followed by Liam, Andrew and me. Us four where able to pull away from everyone but I soon realised a unexpected event, Andrew was actually holding me up :confused:. I tried a couple of moves, but it was impossible to pass the worlds best defender, which also allowed Ben to catch me up. I had to forget about Andrew and focus on keeping Ben's Mercedes monster behind me. Unfortunately the Mercedes has a big engine and was able to sail past me on the straight :cry:. Nic soon got passed as well, which allowed me to have a front row seat of the Titanic battle which was set to unfold :coffee:. Ben made a small mistake coming into the Farm section with his Mercedes hitting the rear of Andrew. This allowed Nic to get pass and nearly me, but Ben's car came back across the track from oversteer and nearly took me of the track. I then had to settle for another P5 finish, equaling my personal best result from Le Mans Bugatti and I'm looking forward to Nurburgring with my current form :cool:.
Get used to me holding you up because it's up from here for you, and down from here for me

My pov for the contact with Nic in sprint race. Again, wasnt malicious, was trying to take advantage of him trying to overtake Lance. I know it wasnt really on so I'm fine with whatever comes my way for that. Sorry for that one @Dominic Ollivierre

Apology accepted Adel and I will retract all my protests on you guys cuz this is all childish. Y'all walked right into this and started this. I tried to reach out to you after the race and sent you a message to talk about it but you ignored me and protested me. Let's all be grown folk and just race.

Last edited:
I retract my protest against @Dominic Ollivierre for the contact that effected @Andrew Holmes but I don't agree these are pathetic protests at all. I to take the driving seriously and its generally accepted you need to work on your race craft. The thing with Adel was shocking I'm sorry but it was anyway PLEASE LETS HAVE A GOOD RACE AT THE Nurburgring this league feels like it's falling apart right now

Time we all shaped up

Feature

Q: 6th couldn't nail a lap
R: 2nd

Average start contact with Adam as I miss read the situation and presumed it was lag sorry buddy but hey ho onto the Wellington straight I felt so sorry for @Dean Ragan a stunning qualifying lap undone by his power deficit on the straight 3 cars passed him and I jumped up to 3 places to 3rd caught @Adel Elsayed and @Dominic Ollivierre then the incident happened but I won't go into that. Unfortunately the race was ruined for me then a good battle over. Car was a bit hard to drive in 1st stint but awesome in the second for 3/4 of it wrecked the tyres pushing hard after the stops

Majorly impressed with @Rob McEwan and @LIAMATTHURSO top driving

Sprint

Q: 9th

R: 4th

Enjoyable race for the most part hard battles with @Lance Loomis @Benjamin McC and my awesome fight with @Andrew Holmes but needed the inside and couldn't get it. Then it got ruined for me but that's over now

Onwards........

Feature

Q: 6th couldn't nail a lap
R: 2nd

Average start contact with Adam as I miss read the situation and presumed it was lag sorry buddy but hey ho onto the Wellington straight I felt so sorry for @Dean Ragan a stunning qualifying lap undone by his power deficit on the straight 3 cars passed him and I jumped up to 3 places to 3rd caught @Adel Elsayed and @Dominic Ollivierre then the incident happened but I won't go into that. Unfortunately the race was ruined for me then a good battle over. Car was a bit hard to drive in 1st stint but awesome in the second for 3/4 of it wrecked the tyres pushing hard after the stops

Majorly impressed with @Rob McEwan and @LIAMATTHURSO top driving

Sprint

Q: 9th

R: 4th

Enjoyable race for the most part hard battles with @Lance Loomis @Benjamin McC and my awesome fight with @Andrew Holmes but needed the inside and couldn't get it. Then it got ruined for me but that's over now

Onwards........

Ha. I don't see how P7 (admittedly on a bad M3 track) is top driving but I'll take it. Thank you. I must be doing something right, as i've had my driving praised alot recently. It's nice to see over the last week I've had my praises sung by you, Nic & Andrew, 3 top drivers that I respect

Last edited:
Hey all!
I'm Sam and I am one of the new stewards for this league. For those who don't know me I was in sim racing from 2011-2013. This involved being part of Racedepartment F1 PS3 league and Gran Turismo 5 races so I recognise a few names.
First impressions are quite poor to be honest. I now race in karting at a high amateur level and most of these incidents wouldn't even be complained about...and that's in real life when you could get seriously hurt (I've suffered concussion from a high speed crash so I know what I'm talking about here). This is not real life. This is suppose to be a fun leisure time activity. If you seem to have a problem with a particular incident please talk to the driver concerned before posting up an incident. This will save the pointless page long arguments about just one incident.

Secondly, the main reason I stopped sim racing (and more to the point racedepartment) was because I found I was getting way too wound up about something that I was suppose to enjoy. If you are seriously getting wound up over (don't mean to sound rude here) a game, then you may need to step away from the console and grab a beer down the bar with a couple of mates. If you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen.

THIS IS FOR FUN! ENJOY YOURSELVES AND STOP POINTLESS ARGUMENTS

Yours,
Sam Righton
he's not lying. he was Facebook famous
https://www.facebook.com/kartbandit/videos/vb.214997038637691/553282464809145/?type=3&theater

I retract my protest against @Dominic Ollivierre for the contact that effected @Andrew Holmes but I don't agree these are pathetic protests at all. I to take the driving seriously and its generally accepted you need to work on your race craft. The thing with Adel was shocking I'm sorry but it was anyway PLEASE LETS HAVE A GOOD RACE AT THE Nurburgring this league feels like it's falling apart right now

Time we all shaped up
Stewards...

Please disregard my protests on @Adel Elsayed and @Ben Milden, I was annoyed by the circumstances of them protesting me which I thought was petty and I don't want to be on that same level. You have my defense videos for the inquiries on me. Whatever decision you make I'm happy to accept. I apologize for adding to the drama.

Best regards,

Nic
My pov for the contact with Nic in sprint race. Again, wasnt malicious, was trying to take advantage of him trying to overtake Lance. I know it wasnt really on so I'm fine with whatever comes my way for that. Sorry for that one @Dominic Ollivierre
does this mean there are no stewards inquires to be made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 28 13.2%
  • Socks

Votes: 117 55.2%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Shoes

Votes: 30 14.2%