Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

- here goes @Adel Elsayed trying to take me out in the sprint race after our feature race incident and doesn't back off really just keeps going trying to fight me for the position as he pushes me off...
- super malicious move causing me damage

- @Ben Milden with yet another Incident of contact on the start of a race, like in Catalunya which was eventually deemed a "racing incident", exactly the same contact and the other driver is taken out
- here he goes taking out my team mate @Adam Morris in the start and ruins my team race
- This is the 3rd time Ben has had an incident like this and never penalized for it, he clearly doesn't wait
- to add to this, Ben uses the view that is outside of the car so he can clearly see the surroundings and has absolutely no reason to turn into my team mate
- this is soooooo ridiculous

- here goes @Ben Milden T-boning @Andrew Holmes into turn 3 making him half spin
- he doesn't wait To give him back the position
- then he tries to block @Gareth Williams and turns into him pushing him off the track

:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

No need for silliness dom let's be professional about this the stewards will decide who's at fault from the footage provided not the essay you've written

Feature Race:
Got a great start, slightly hampered by Adam's slow one but managed to get behind Dean in 4th. As I went for the outside down the Wellington straight he began to close me towards the grass, so I thought, "stuff that, I ain't getting involved in a wreckage". So I braked and bailed from that which left Ben attacking me. Nothing I could do to hold him off and he got me on exit of Luffield. Dean hit Gaz into Brooklands and left me in P4 behind Ben and Adel. Could've got Adel if the tyres weren't wearing at the rate they were, but that's racing. Came into the pits on Lap 8 but my pace wasn't great enough to get close to the undercut. Then 3 laps after my pit stop I ran onto the kerbs throughout the flat out left kink and spun backwards at 130mph. Thankfully I was able to grab it (I've had a lot of practice of catching spins this season) and didn't hit the wall to rejoin at Village. Then it was a straight battle between me and Liam to the finish. We started out 1.2 secs apart and like the boss that he is he closed it down to 0.4 without much effort. Made a small error coming onto the Wellington straight and I thought "well that's game over". Somehow though I kept him back until with 2 laps to go he tried a move at Stowe. Would've been a great move on Liam's part if he braked 5m earlier;) So I got the place back and held it to the line.

Sprint Race:
Made the best of my start from the rolling start (my only advantage this week seemed to be my run off the line so that was ruined). Kept P3 and impressive pace from @Benjamin McC forced me to push like crazy. I couldn't get away from Benji but had enough to hold him back. Then I see Ben close up to Benji. "****" I thought. So he gets by Benji and closes on me, I knew from the start it was never gonna last in P3 but I had to try. So it turned into the hardest defensive drive of my life. I managed to fend off any attack he brought to the table despite the straight line speed deficit. I was under pressure the whole way and credit to @Ben Milden he was doing a damn good job of making me look in my mirrors for 99% of the lap. A few laps to go and Ben and Nic were charging up to the back of me into T3, Ben must've locked up and hit the back of me which spun me into the run off. Oh well, too good to be true. So I rejoined in P8, had a little run at Adel where we had a little touch at T5 but nothing major. I gave the place back because it wasn't worth a penalty. Rolled home in 8th.

6th and 8th are NOT the results of a champion, so I've decided to focus my efforts on trying to help @Ben Milden in the championship chase where I can unless I can help Gareth or Liam.

Ok so here is really what happened the Bentley runs off track rejoins dangerously forcing me to adjust my line then I'm not given enough room through turn 2 (cars width) and have to go onto the grass this puts dirt on my tyres and effects my braking into turn 3 hitting Andrew. I actually brake earlier in anticipation of this. After that I loose the back and sideswipe benji but no time gained or lost thanks

On the Adam contact I take full responsibility if Adam reports me no question

Last edited:

- here goes @Adel Elsayed trying to take me out in the sprint race after our feature race incident and doesn't back off really just keeps going trying to fight me for the position as he pushes me off...
- super malicious move causing me damage

- @Ben Milden with yet another Incident of contact on the start of a race, like in Catalunya which was eventually deemed a "racing incident", exactly the same contact and the other driver is taken out
- here he goes taking out my team mate @Adam Morris in the start and ruins my team race
- This is the 3rd time Ben has had an incident like this and never penalized for it, he clearly doesn't wait
- to add to this, Ben uses the view that is outside of the car so he can clearly see the surroundings and has absolutely no reason to turn into my team mate
- this is soooooo ridiculous

- here goes @Ben Milden T-boning @Andrew Holmes into turn 3 making him half spin
- he doesn't wait To give him back the position
- then he tries to block @Gareth Williams and turns into him pushing him off the track

:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

That wasn't me in that video I don't believe mate...?

You shouldn't take it personally it's not the first time and won't be the last let's just leave it to the stewards it's hard enough for them without this I don't no what you expected to be honest

Agreed Ben... BUT , If you protest me for silly incidents I will take it personally cuz you ruin the camaraderie of the competition by doing this. It's pathetic.

What I EXPECT is for us all to race like men and talk things out, Not fish for a protest to demote your fellow competitor because he beats you. Adel has a case cuz his pov is different to mine and he lost out, but he also tries to take revenge and tries to take me out, which btw, I was never going to protest him for, but alas I'm being protested for petty racing incidents, so this is the response you will get from me.

Stewards inquiries are serious and goes against your driving record and character. I take it very seriously. Sorry this is just me.

Last edited:
Hey all!
I'm Sam and I am one of the new stewards for this league. For those who don't know me I was in sim racing from 2011-2013. This involved being part of Racedepartment F1 PS3 league and Gran Turismo 5 races so I recognise a few names.
First impressions are quite poor to be honest. I now race in karting at a high amateur level and most of these incidents wouldn't even be complained about...and that's in real life when you could get seriously hurt (I've suffered concussion from a high speed crash so I know what I'm talking about here). This is not real life. This is suppose to be a fun leisure time activity. If you seem to have a problem with a particular incident please talk to the driver concerned before posting up an incident. This will save the pointless page long arguments about just one incident.

Secondly, the main reason I stopped sim racing (and more to the point racedepartment) was because I found I was getting way too wound up about something that I was suppose to enjoy. If you are seriously getting wound up over (don't mean to sound rude here) a game, then you may need to step away from the console and grab a beer down the bar with a couple of mates. If you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen.

THIS IS FOR FUN! ENJOY YOURSELVES AND STOP POINTLESS ARGUMENTS

Yours,
Sam Righton

Feature

Q:9
R:9

Half decent start for once, which was helped by the jar dropping crash from @Adam Morris going into turn 1 :confused:. Got into my rhythm quite quickly and was able to make a breath taking move up the inside of Liam going into copse :cool: and after that I settled down from where I was able to keep up with the front pack for the first stint. But just before the pitstop phrase, I lost focus and turned straight into the barrier on the inside of copse, sending me on a 360 degree spin at over 100mph :whistling:. The car was ok but the tyres weren't, so I pitted. I came out behind Rob, who has really impressed me with how much he's improved so quickly :thumbsup:.I drove the car home for a damage limitation race finishing just ahead of my fellow party member, Adam.

Sprint

Q:4
R:5

Everyone in the ADOM party was surprised to see a rolling start but me and Adam where able to excel from this. Adam did his job of pulling away, followed by Liam, Andrew and me. Us four where able to pull away from everyone but I soon realised a unexpected event, Andrew was actually holding me up :confused:. I tried a couple of moves, but it was impossible to pass the worlds best defender, which also allowed Ben to catch me up. I had to forget about Andrew and focus on keeping Ben's Mercedes monster behind me. Unfortunately the Mercedes has a big engine and was able to sail past me on the straight :cry:. Nic soon got passed as well, which allowed me to have a front row seat of the Titanic battle which was set to unfold :coffee:. Ben made a small mistake coming into the Farm section with his Mercedes hitting the rear of Andrew. This allowed Nic to get pass and nearly me, but Ben's car came back across the track from oversteer and nearly took me of the track. I then had to settle for another P5 finish, equaling my personal best result from Le Mans Bugatti and I'm looking forward to Nurburgring with my current form :cool:.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 27 12.9%
  • Socks

Votes: 116 55.2%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Shoes