Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Unbelivable

Attachments

• unclear.jpg
    unclear.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 138
HSF Motorsport
#64 Mobil 1/Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R
Congrats.jpg

Driver:
Abe Wozniak
Hometown: Hudson, NY USA
Bios:
A new and young addition to the WEC Series this year, Abe has exihibited a very positive outlook on racing. Piloting the new Corvette C7R he looks to get in as much experience as possible while challenging Brian Batiato for the 2016 WEC GT-Am Championship. Abe has experience in other series like IMSA and Le Mans. Piloting many different cars in a number of other series, it is his study of the sport that makes him a threat to win every race weekend as Preperation is his best weapon.

Last edited:
If your all that good which most of you are then it shouldn't matter if thier on and getting used nothing like a level playing field

@Ronnie Dewey good idea but it actually won't be a level playing field. I've driven against some of the best in the game with them using assists and I beat them still but it's very very very hard especially if they are really good, it's a unique advantage especially under braking, they never out brake themselves or lock up and we work extremely hard to master our braking precision And we refuse to use assists ourselves cuz well it feels unrealistic and there's no challenge really, it's like playing forza or something.

But I'm for it as I relish the challenge and want to see the grid be closer :)

@Ronnie Dewey good idea but it actually won't be a level playing field. I've driven against some of the best in the game with them using assists and I beat them still but it's very very very hard especially if they are really good, it's a unique advantage especially under braking, they never out brake themselves or lock up and we work extremely hard to master our braking precision And we refuse to use assists ourselves cuz well it feels unrealistic and there's no challenge really, it's like playing forza or something.

But I'm for it as I relish the challenge and want to see the grid be closer :)
I used to be an assists user and I'm so glad are league turned them off last season.
It has made me become such a better driver than what I was before I joined this league

888 Race Engineering
#2 Hexis Energy Drink McLaren MP4-12C GT3
7084659031_ca22c3a333_b.jpg

Driver: Tom Senchak
Hometown: Glen Gardner, NJ
W.E.C. Series wins: 6
Poles: 4
RD Accolades:
Runner-Up 2015 WEC GT Series Championship
Bios:
A brash, talented driver that has a great feel for race cars and an insatiable need for speed. Tom came onto the WEC scene and quickly began to dominate in the 2015 Season with his trusty M3 winning 4 races in the row. This year he teams up with Matthew Spurrell in Factory McLaren sponsored machines of the 888 Race Engineering shop. Toms experience goes all the way back to even before a stint in NASCAR 98'. Early on, Tom found success in the Project Gothem Racing Series, but things became more serious when he entered the Gran Turismo Series. Tom polished his talent in with the Forza Motorsports series in the preceding years before making the transistion to Project Cars.

Last edited:
888 Race Engineering
#60 McLaren Factory MP4-12C GT3
mclaren.png
Driver: Matthew Spurrell
Hometown: Norwich UK
Resides in: St. Louis, MO.
W.E.C. Series wins: 3
Poles: 2
RD
Accolades:
2 time winner in SMS British GT series (Snetterton)
Bios:
A product of the UK and their deep racing heritage, Matthew grew up only a short while from Snetterton. As a young lad he would go to the races and hear the engines roar. He was hooked at an early age, which led him into a fast paced world of race. Starting with the TOCA Series, and moving into the Forza Motorsports arena is where he honed his skills while also getting part-time experience behind the wheel of a Forumla 1. He came to RaceDepartment Mid-season in 2015 for the SMS British GT Series and ran very well in his first few races scoring wins at Snetterton. Now residing Stateside, he has put together a team with Factory backing from McLaren, and plans to dominate the World Endurance Challenge.

Breaking News:
*For immediate release*
After hours of negotiations, back and forth talks, and compromise, Beetes Racing and EagleThrust Racing have joined forces for the remainder of the WEC season. The two teams will operate under the HSF Motorsport banner, with Beetes Racing providing the majority of the financial and management backing/personnel and EagleThrust Racing providing technical support. The current car #4 crew will move over from Beetes Racing to the newly liveried #63, and the current #64 crew will remain with the car.
Beetes Racing has a long storied history of being very competitive across a wide range of racing disciplines and is confident that this will continue with this new partnership in the WEC. The racing experience will only help further the development of Abe Wozniak in the GT-Am entered #64 Corvette.

Both teams have already had a successful partnership in the Formula 2000 UK Championship (http://thedsrl.forumotion.co.uk/f12-formula-2000-uk-championship) with the team scoring multiple podium positions through the first 2 events (6 races), including 2 wins.

Look for more success this week at Spa.

Last edited:
HSF Motorsport
#63 Mobil 1/Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R
lemans-24-hours-of-le-mans-2015-63-corvette-racing-corvette-c7-r-jan-magnussen-antonio-gar.jpg
Driver: Cordell Walker
Hometown: Virginia Beach, VA USA
Bios:
Cordell Walker, or "BeetesJuice" as he's better know by is a new face to the series. He has shown to be a very tenacious driver, dominating in NACRA Series winning multiple races in a very well prepared Bentley. He also has been dominent in open wheel recently competing in the Formula 2000 UK Championship. It was his performance in that series that led him to take the challenge and ferocious fight to the WEC series this season, joining forces with EagleThrust Racing to create a formidable team of Corvettes. Expect to see Walker running up front in the rest of the races this as he is a masterful tuner and driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • Socks

Votes: 61 57.5%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Shoes

Votes: 15 14.2%