Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

DareDevil Racing
#21 Marsh British Racing Green RUF RGT-8 GT3
EDE30EF8-2519-4349-A9E2-725755BB0BB8_zpshlceswt5.jpg
Driver: Nic Worsfold
Hometown: Reading, U. K
Residing in: Toronto, Canada
RD accolade: SMS Classic F1 World Champion, SMS LMP2 Support Series World Champion
Bio:
Hailing from Toronto Canada, Nic is a young phenom that recently busted onto the racing scene. Starting out in Karts, he is very talented and possesses a great deal of car control that lead him to several wins and championships within the Race Department Association. Always a threat to be reckoned with and usually qualifying with great speed, Nic is versatile and can drive just about any car quickly as well as enjoying the occasional recreational past times that make him so mellow. But don't let that "mellow" facade fool you, he's a fierce competitor. Finishing on the podium for the 2015 WEC GT Series Championship he took the Aston Martin GTE to the limits. Now piloting the RUF after a switch out of the Bentley he hopes to make room on his mantle for another Trophy and better his resume at RD.

Last edited:
Adam told us that neither of them are happening. Staying as we were
I like the manual rolling start idea. It made it harder for the top guys to get past everyone in the sprint race.

At the moment, the top guys are at the front within 1 lap and the main reason for the sprint race was to give people a second chance and to mix the gird up. The gird isn't being mixed up since the top guys are just gliding past everyone at turn 1 (where most of the contract happens), so with the rolling start coming in and making it harder/ longer for the top guys to get past everyone, it would allow the midfielders and the people who had bad luck in the feature the chance to win.

I like the manual rolling start idea. It made it harder for the top guys to get past everyone in the sprint race.

At the moment, the top guys are at the front within 1 lap and the main reason for the sprint race was to give people a second chance and to mix the gird up. The gird isn't being mixed up since the top guys are just gliding past everyone at turn 1 (where most of the contract happens), so with the rolling start coming in and making it harder/ longer for the top guys to get past everyone, it would allow the midfielders and the people who had bad luck in the feature the chance to win.

Yeah it would be good but people aren't intelligent enough to understand it sorry but it's the truth. And for your other point of fast guys getting to the front so quickly well there is a reason you called them the fast guys. Fast guys are also skilled guys and no how to exploit any opportunity. It's not worked Adam was right to can it

DareDevil Racing
#72 RUF RGT-8 GT3
B338029B-1DBB-47C8-BD2A-75D3696BE8F6_zps3c0f552k.jpg
Driver: Chris Bowman
Hometown: Locust Grove, VA
Bio:
Quit a promising racing career in his late teens to join the armed forces, and is now getting back into the swing of things through drift, possible future SCCA races, and now the WEC GT Series. Chris's, knowledge of setups and racecar physics allows him to compete at a high level while also learning the in's and out's of the GT3 Class. Competing in the 2016 World Endurance Challenge, will certainly prove to be a challenge. With the help of fellow teammates at DareDevil Racing, Chris is up to that challenge and hoping for a smooth transition. His car control is already up there with some of the other veterans of the sport.

Last edited:

Yeah, I agree with what ben said, I was in the party with them all when we trialed, and the Cons outweighed the pros for rolling starts.

Yeah it would be good but people aren't intelligent enough to understand it sorry but it's the truth. And for your other point of fast guys getting to the front so quickly well there is a reason you called them the fast guys. Fast guys are also skilled guys and no how to exploit any opportunity. It's not worked Adam was right to can it
Benji you are partially correct but the reason "fast guys" get by so quickly is because the "other guys" always have incidents with each other because well, who knows, that's what separates them.... As such, the "fast guys" shouldn't be penalized for being calm & cool drivers, the "other guys" need to be a bit wiser perhaps.

As for rules Prehn, I wanted them ON but after testing them, even tho I didn't realize they were on and hadnt gotten 1 single penalty in three 11 lap races, it's not about one or 2 or 3 people that can race cleanly with them on, it's about the complete grid and the best decision in the interest of the league. Seems not the whole grid can drive with them ON cuz they are too prone to have incidents which is not their fault but a variety of variables.

Kudos to @Adam Morris for listening to us the drivers, and the drivers who participated in the test to give it a shot, at least now we can have no arguments about it, and all be on the same page. Not sure what the official decision is from Adam but happy that he tested it and executed it in a successful way. :)

Thanks for invite but again no luck guessing pace laps had car out of shape going up and into wall on the freaking restart. .just retired as motor would blow up and an hour would have passed before I could have crawled back to pits...going to sit out the rest..im not nearly fast enough anymore and dont have the time it takes me to practice to even be competitive...good luck everyone

Unofficial Results:
1. Matthew Spurrell, McLaren #60 41 laps
2. Tom Senchak, McLaren #2 41 laps
3. Chris Chavana, Mercedes AMG #29 40 Laps
4. Sean Flemming, McLaren #60 40 Laps
5. Michael Watts, Mercedes AMG # 40 Laps
6. Chris Bowman, Bentley Continental #84 39 Laps
7. Abe Wozniak, Corvette C7R #64 39 laps
8. Ben Wells, Aston Martin #99 24 laps
9. Nic Worsfold, Bentley Continental #85 DNF (Accident)
10.Ben Kennel, Aston Martin #55 DNF (Handling)
11.Eric Cline, Mercedes AMG #15 DNF (Accident)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • Socks

Votes: 83 52.9%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Shoes

Votes: 25 15.9%