Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Feature race
Q.10 with my pb. About 1.4 secs off pole happy with that at this stage.
R.13th?
I don't know if there's a more detailed weather for cast than the one I saw which just said overcast but I need to sort that out for the next wet race. First I knew was when I saw the rain drops :/
The first half of the race was pretty good, apart from the first corner and chicane that I bottled, dropping pretty close to the back. I think I half spun on the 2nd lap too but I had half decent pace. The only incident i was involved in was pretty early on with @Gareth Williams , i think it was on the last left hander before the end of s1 and he came across my line clipping my front left with his right rear taking us off into the gravel, It didn't feel like my fault so didn't wait, if that's not the case let me know. I pit lap 12 for slicks because as far as I was concerned it was a dry race. A lap or after that it started raining and I think I pit again a few laps after that. But I'd not driven in the rain before and didn't know how to select tires so popped a lovely set of slicks on again. Next lap popped more slicks on :). On my 4th stop I found inters. The team were very pleased!!!
I think I was being heavily lapped at this point, my pace in the wet was ok so a positive at least. Stopped again for wets then finished in 13th I think.
Lesson here is, prepare you plum...
Sprint.
Q.Didn't set a time
R.9th or 10th?
Did much better here, I still half spun a few times but happy enough with wet pace, although consistency needs a lot of work.
The last few laps lance closed me down and we raced to the line off the last corner, my replay says I beat him but the listings after the race placed him above me. Either way my first points. Didn't expect that yet so happy with my progress.

Also my replay for both races are dry?!! And the replays dont have any race info even possition or lap, I think I'm gonna go back to filming with the camera.

@Lance Loomis I was guilty of track abuse, but mostly out of bad judgement. Mostly.... :/

@Andrew Holmes if your struggling, you can have my setup if you like ;)

Last edited:
Decent race overall, but too many mistakes. Had to pit twice, so that pretty much destroyed any hopes for a good finish, but the car is very fun. Love the one offs in here, like this and the Sauber. Also, this track seemed to dole out time penalties for no good reason. Maybe it's like Silverstone and just bugged, but at least drivable.

Decent race overall, but too many mistakes. Had to pit twice, so that pretty much destroyed any hopes for a good finish, but the car is very fun. Love the one offs in here, like this and the Sauber. Also, this track seemed to dole out time penalties for no good reason. Maybe it's like Silverstone and just bugged, but at least drivable.
I'll have a look at that over the weekend Rob. Where were you finding the penalties? I didn't pick up one in the Classic Race or sessions a few months ago when we ran here in the Lotus 25c.

Feature Race

Q.P8
R.P2

Qualifying Pace Wasn't The Best For Me This Week Had Been Having Issues With The Car Up Until Wednesday Night So Didn't Fell Comfortable To Match The Top Runners, Got An Ok Start Being to Cautious Threw Turn 1 And 2 Trying To Avoid Contact i Lost The Position To Dean Which ending up in a great scrap for 5th it Held Me Up For Quite A While Dropping back From The Top 4, Credit To You @Dean Ragan You Defended Brilliantly Took Me So Long To Get By Apology's For The Slight Knock in the Penultimate Turn its quite Hard To See The Front Of The Bentley In Chase Cam :) and Also Thank you For Giving Me The Position back After Our Final Turn Contact No Issues From Me, Then What Can I Say My Strategy Was On Point This Week i Had @Dominic Ollivierre and @Benjamin McCluskey Telling Me It Was Raining When I couldnt See Any On My Screen, I Had Noticed That All The Cars Around Me Had Started Pitting For Drys The Lap Before So I Decided To Keep Going Which Turned Out To Be The Best Option 1 Lap Later The Rain Comes I Immediately Boxed To Cover All Behind Me And Took The Full Wets "Wrong Choice lol" I Jumped From 5th-6th To 2nd (I Was So Happy) By Doing So I Held Liam At Bay Just As On The First Few Laps On The Wets I Span On Exit Of T1 Causing The Car To Hit The Wall Side-On Damaging My Left Hand Side Which Wasn't Fun To Drive With :( But We Managed To Get ADOM'S Second 1-2 Of The Season ;) Well Done @Dominic Ollivierre On The Win Awesome Stuff.

Sprint Race

Q.N/A
R.4th

Got A Good Start Going Into T1 There Was A Couple Of Bumps Here And There I Managed To Pull A Few Posistions, On The Same Lap Going Into T4 I went Up The Inside Of @Lance Loomis But The Car Ran Slightly Wide On Exit Due To Under Steer Causing Us To Rub Sidepods Nothing To Hectic But Did Give Me 5% Aero Damage lol :( After that Nothing Much Happened For Me Held My Position Till The End, Congratulations To @Adel Elsayed For The Win You Catching The Front Runners Now And Sorry To @Andrew Holmes The Win Was Close Im Sure It Will Come For You Soon and @Ben Milden Dont Worry Dude I Know U Had A Shitty Night But You Still The Favorite In The Championship U Have The Pace And Ability To Take The S2 Championship But Im Sure We All Wont Make It Easy :) Chin Up Dude On To Silverstone.

Stay Tuned For The Vote Results Coming Soon !!! :)

I'll have a look at that over the weekend Rob. Where were you finding the penalties? I didn't pick up one in the Classic Race or sessions a few months ago when we ran here in the Lotus 25c.

That's because we had to drive the Lotus at the speed of grandma. You can see an example of a dumb penalty on the first lap. "F1 thinking" also infests those who make these games, I have come to realize. It's not bad since it is a burden to us all in a game, unlike real life. You see it mostly when you go wide from g-forces after a turn...or you happen to run wide and screw yourself time-wise. In both of those cases, even F1 (except maybe in qualifying) would not penalize. Game makers don't understand that those are only penalties in F1, for the most part. And even if they were enforceable, they are not seen even in F1, but for qualy. Forza and GT, being made elsewhere, don't have these silly off track penalties at every turn.

That's because we had to drive the Lotus at the speed of grandma. You can see an example of a dumb penalty on the first lap. "F1 thinking" also infests those who make these games, I have come to realize. It's not bad since it is a burden to us all in a game, unlike real life. You see it mostly when you go wide from g-forces after a turn...or you happen to run wide and screw yourself time-wise. In both of those cases, even F1 (except maybe in qualifying) would not penalize. Game makers don't understand that those are only penalties in F1, for the most part. And even if they were enforceable, they are not seen even in F1, but for qualy. Forza and GT, being made elsewhere, don't have these silly off track penalties at every turn.
Well I guess the answer is simple then.. stay on the track lol

Feature race
Q.10 with my pb. About 1.4 secs off pole happy with that at this stage.
R.13th?
I don't know if there's a more detailed weather for cast than the one I saw which just said overcast but I need to sort that out for the next wet race. First I knew was when I saw the rain drops :/
The first half of the race was pretty good, apart from the first corner and chicane that I bottled, dropping pretty close to the back. I think I half spun on the 2nd lap too but I had half decent pace. The only incident i was involved in was pretty early on with @Gareth Williams , i think it was on the last left hander before the end of s1 and he came across my line clipping my front left with his right rear taking us off into the gravel, It didn't feel like my fault so didn't wait, if that's not the case let me know. I pit lap 12 for slicks because as far as I was concerned it was a dry race. A lap or after that it started raining and I think I pit again a few laps after that. But I'd not driven in the rain before and didn't know how to select tires so popped a lovely set of slicks on again. Next lap popped more slicks on :). On my 4th stop I found inters. The team were very pleased!!!
I think I was being heavily lapped at this point, my pace in the wet was ok so a positive at least. Stopped again for wets then finished in 13th I think.
Lesson here is, prepare you plum...
Sprint.
Q.Didn't set a time
R.9th or 10th?
Did much better here, I still half spun a few times but happy enough with wet pace, although consistency needs a lot of work.
The last few laps lance closed me down and we raced to the line off the last corner, my replay says I beat him but the listings after the race placed him above me. Either way my first points. Didn't expect that yet so happy with my progress.

Also my replay for both races are dry?!! And the replays dont have any race info even possition or lap, I think I'm gonna go back to filming with the camera.

@Lance Loomis I was guilty of track abuse, but mostly out of bad judgement. Mostly.... :/

@Andrew Holmes if your struggling, you can have my setup if you like ;)
It would be better than the one I've been running since Round 2

Feature
Qualified P6, ended up being put on 12L of fuel for the entire race. Therefore I thought it best to try and push my way through the pack before the inevitably long fuel stop. Realised getting through would waste time, I pitted and came out 35 secs behind Rob and Prehn. Closed the gap a little until the tyres started to fall off; when it started raining i boxed for the inters at the right time. Managed to clear rob with his mistake, then followed Ben up to the back of Tom and managed to squeeze past on the last lap. Horrible race.

Sprint
Put on pole easily, 1 sec gap to Dean. Took off fine, looked in my mirror. A damn Mercedes behind me again. I thought "this is great, Adel's got me now. Managed to hold him off till about 5 laps left. He got me with a good move, and I got desperate. Sorry about that @Adel Elsayed. He got me back and then I made a mistake getting on the power to pose the win

We tried rolling starts, they don't work
we havent tested it fully i believe we had a rough try with only a few of us would need to get majority of us in a sessions and do a race type trail with us all in the session 2 by 2 when we line up and leader controls the pace untill the line i reckon it might help as wont be as bunched up and theres less risk of crashes of the start and everyone will be rolling less chance to jump the start and stops people having contact when they get a better launch of the line but everyone would have to be sensible

@Adam Morris Why is Le Mans not on the list to vote on? Don't get me wrong, I actually like the track to race on, but as you guys already know it's almost impossible to compete when you drive one of the cars at the lower end of the horsepower scale. And if it's still for double points, that's basically unfair.

The Reason Le Mans Isn't A Choice is Because Theres No Over Track We Could Really Run A 2 Hour Event at That Hasn't Already Been This Season Only Other 1 Really Is Bathurst and it was the first race lol i totally get what your saying the z4 will be at a dis-advantage come that race but so was my m3 last season and i finished quite well chance of rain is extremely high and from testing there your z4 will match the Bentley for top end speed we top out at 184MPH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back