Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Round 2 WEC Support Series- M1 Procar Hock Revival

m1.jpg

bmw-m1-procar_016.jpg

Welcome to round 2 of the WEC support series. In this round we will be racing a fitting vintage combo in the m1 procar/ Hock classic. post here to discuss round 2 of the support series and your m1 livery if picked.
kicking off 8pm EST this wednesday.

remember these important guidelines:
Lobby starts at: Approx 8:00-8:05pm EST for invites
Comms: Party Chat (join my party)
Practice: 20 mins
Qualifying: 15 mins
Warmup: 5 mins
Laps: 21
Start: Standing
Weather: Clear/medium cloud
Local Race Time: April 13th 2016 13:00
Assists: Real
View: any
Damage: Full
Mechanical Breakdowns: On
Tire wear: 2x
Fuel usage: Real
Penalties & Flags: On
Mandatory pit stop: On
NO cautions in the support series! (requires a lot of effort best kept to the primary WEC series)

Updated Points system:
1st: 50 points
2nd:45 points
3rd: 40 points
4th: 36 points
5th: 32 points
6th: 28 points
7th: 26 points
8th: 24 points
9th: 22 points
10th:20 points
11th:18 points
12th:16 points
13th:14 points
14th:12 points
15th:10 points
Bonus Points: 1 Point Pole Award, 1 Point Fastest Lap (Race).

This race counts towards the overall support series championship (all rounds included) but has no connection to the RS01 cup (RS01 races only), running a separate point standings as the season progresses.

more info here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wec-support-series-info-inside-rs-01-tbd.117879/

Last edited:
WEC Support Series Round 2 Results:
1. EpilepticToast (pole, fastest lap in race).....50 + 2 bonus = 52
2. AC Hatemaker....................................................45
3. Spiff......................................................................40
4. Spacebush........................................................36
5. AsleepSteak......................................................32
6. OctoberDusk06................................................28
7.Braken99............................................................26

Last edited:
Q: After the first race, did those of you who changed cars find benefits?
A: N/A
Q: For those of you who did not change cars, do you have any regrets?
A: Yes, Many Of Them But The Bentley Shall Battle On.
Q: What are the challenges of this circuit?
A: Been Able To Carry As Much Speed As Possible In The Turns Consistently
Q: Would you be happy of any rain here?
A: Oh Yes Anything To Slow Those Mercs Down
Q: Any predictions for this race?

A: Many, Many Things Few Spins Here And There lol :) But on A serious Note Should Be Another Close Race.

I think I'm gonna have to pull out. I just don't have the time to practice to be competitive, and with uni being very busy I don't know If I will always be able to make it in the mornings due to staying up late for uni work. Thanks for the great racing all.

Karl it was pleasure. We appreciate your commitment to it in the mornings. We will be here racing if you decide to come back. Good luck and cheers bud

Press Conference
Q: After the first race, did those of you who changed cars find benefits?

Yes, the M3 has far more raw pace than the MP4

N/A

Like the others say, carrying speed

Haven't tried the M3 in the rain, so not sure. Although I'm hoping that since the setup feels absolutely on point, I'll stand in good stead, as last time I had a good setup in a wet track was imola.

My car is feeling awesome, took ALOT of setup work, but I'm not gonna make the mistake of zolder, someone's probably hiding something.

Last edited:
Press Conference
Q:
After the first race, did those of you who changed cars find benefits?
Unknown, hopefully it will #BentleysAssemble

Braking probably, I don't have any major problems with this track

Nope. Can't drive in the wet

Me winning :D

Last edited:
I don't know why you guys think this thing is such a beast, lol if say it's even with the Bentley if anything. I could only get two clean laps in Friday before I left for Texas (best lap with fuel 2:19.2). Now I'm going to be gone all week with no way to practice :(. Then I'll be testing the AMG when I get home on the 15th with only a few days to prepare. Of course my biggest worry is now with the house on the market someone buying it and then I won't have a place until my new house is finished...meaning No Xbox :mad:

Press Conference
No regrets, but should not have wasted time trying other cars, lost my flow with the Bentley for a bit at
Zolder.
Nailing your apexes every single lap, not doing so is costly.
Rain or shine, happy to race here. The race is on against the Elsayeed webbed footed beast if it rains or the other terrorists if dry.
It shall rain, it shall be dry, a merc shall podium, a Bentley shall podium, a pole position record streak shall be broken, the title contenders shall fight, there shall be carnage at turn 1, the best driver of the day shall win.

I don't know why you guys think this thing is such a beast, lol if say it's even with the Bentley if anything. I could only get two clean laps in Friday before I left for Texas (best lap with fuel 2:19.2). Now I'm going to be gone all week with no way to practice :(. Then I'll be testing the AMG when I get home on the 15th with only a few days to prepare. Of course my biggest worry is now with the house on the market someone buying it and then I won't have a place until my new house is finished...meaning No Xbox :mad:
All you need is a generator, Table for Tv, Racing rig and a wifi hotspot. If it rains, an umbrella.

or one of those 10 x 10 picnic canopies.

I'm going to run some test laps this evening if anyone cares to join. Message me on Xbox and I'll set up an online room.
Should be on around 5:00pm EST for an hour or so.

Last edited:
I think the Merc will be very quick but the times I've raced online at Spa in public lobbies its been Bentleys which have beaten me. They have more than enough power to get up the Kemmel straight in a hurry and they always seem to be pretty agile despite their size. That said I think its a track which suits a lot of different cars in different sectors, should be a good one!

hard to see anyone in PL beating you Blue, gives me some hope lol. Do you know what times they got in the bentley by chance? I continue to struggle to get below 2:17 but will tune more by next wed. Mclaren's are pretty good here, and the guys driving them are definitely ones to watch in any race! 2 for 2 lol

also I'm surprised by the times Michael, I'm sure the merc will come alive here eventually, it is the dark horse for me in any public lobby, nothing except maybe m3 tops it on a track like this. Hopefully it remains close, should be a good race regardless.

I think they were running 2:17s maybe lower. Im having to go light on the downforce to be competitive on the straights. I'm also using the same setup that 888 used at donington. Doesn't seem to be too bad at the moment, a bit tail happy in the fast stuff. Haven't done much running yet so I can probably trim that out.

I think low downforce and lots of mechanical grip is probably the way to go here. The aero on GT3 cars is more for balance than actual grip anyway I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back