Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Feature

Q - 1st
R - 7th

A pretty rusty drive in the opening stint of the race, lack of practice and motivation really. Had a spin in 1st chicane which I mentally prepared for to happen. Fell back to 6th then eventually caught and passed a struggling Ben & Jason not leaving unscathed tho as I collected damage from a rear end collision to Ben. Next was an 8 sec gap to Adam & Andrew Which me and team mate tag teamed To try and make the pass On Andrew but as expected he would leave no room to pass then ran off track in last chicane To rejoin in my line pushing me off track, then When I had a door open later, i took it and he closed the door last minute to spin me around, so to avoid any further contact or stress just fell back and worked on the undercut. Was working quite fine but pit crew didn't change my tyres so had to pit again, fell back to 13th, drove with hammer time mentality, was flying and managed to recover to 7th in the end after catching my team mate @Adam Morris in the penultimate lap and. Many thanks to him as he made it easy for me to get by as he was struggling. Solid recovery drive really, damage limitation.

Sprint

Q - 1st
R - 1st

Not the typical comfortable drive to victory as I've been enjoying so far this season as @Adel Elsayed made his stamp of authority showing his abilities in the merc. Was expecting him to challenge me as he was rapid in the feature, so once he ended up behind me I had to stay focused and find the tenacity in my driving, was able to increase the pace and respond when he was gaining on me initially, which led to him making mistakes eventually as he struggled to gain much more. At that point I just felt better and better and was able to open the gap from 4secs to about 11 secs in the end. The 2nd half of the championship is alive and we have a fight on our hands.

Feature

Q - Ban

R - P5

Of course I would start last of everyone who got a ban. Still, hey ho. Start was good, made up about 4 places, only to be quite substantially smashed into by Ola's car, picked up a good chunk of aero damage. Anyway most of that race was spent following cars, mainly Gaz. Ben spun on about lap 9 I think, then he pitted on lap 10, I was tempted to follow him in but decided to wait. Pitted on lap 12, as I could see Andrew & the ADOM Guys. Unfortunately they only pitted 1 lap later. Gaz exited the pits and put me on the grass eh. I eventually passed gaz on about lap 16ish, I don't think he put up much of a fight, as he realised I could pull him towards the cars in front. Then when Adam spun it was a case of bring it home. Also congrats to Adel for an awesome drive, incredible stuff.

Sprint

Q - Ban.

R - P7

Of course I had to start P15 again. Yayyyyy. Anyway, got a decent start. Thought I jumped it as my engineer hadn't said anything and I was moving, but it turns out he just didn't say anything at all. Into T1 & I took an outside line & was holding it until Olas car barrel rolled into my bonnet. Then into the chicane, Prehn spun and I was an innocent bystander. With everyone else spinning I eventually got to P6 but I had quite bad engine damage and couldn't hold off Gaz. Thankfully Andrew was the next car behind, and he did a great job holding people off with his damage. All in all I'm happyish. The M3 showed great pace, and if it wasn't for some bad luck I could've finished higher in both races. It's too late now for anything to happen in the tables, so I'm just gonna hope to fight for wins on a consistent basis.

Q: 2nd
FR: 2nd
Had a good feature race, decent battle with the Bentleys and brought it home without any major mistakes. Couldn't do anything about Adel's pace, although when it rose above ten seconds I gave up.

Q: Banned - P8
SR: P8
Got off the line well, made up a couple of positions, got hit by Tom as he returned to the circuit after going off. The preceded to get hit in the melee at the chicane, and then ended up being hit as Lance spun back across the circuit. Then dropped in front of Prehn who continuously smashed me up the backside into the chicane, lap after lap. Ridiculous

Feature

Q - 1st
R - 7th

A pretty rusty drive in the opening stint of the race, lack of practice and motivation really. Had a spin in 1st chicane which I mentally prepared for to happen. Fell back to 6th then eventually caught and passed a struggling Ben & Jason not leaving unscathed tho as I collected damage from a rear end collision to Ben. Next was an 8 sec gap to Adam & Andrew Which me and team mate tag teamed To try and make the pass On Andrew but as expected he would leave no room to pass then ran off track in last chicane To rejoin in my line pushing me off track, then When I had a door open later, i took it and he closed the door last minute to spin me around, so to avoid any further contact or stress just fell back and worked on the undercut. Was working quite fine but pit crew didn't change my tyres so had to pit again, fell back to 13th, drove with hammer time mentality, was flying and managed to recover to 7th in the end after catching my team mate @Adam Morris in the penultimate lap and. Many thanks to him as he made it easy for me to get by as he was struggling. Solid recovery drive really, damage limitation.

Sprint

Q - 1st
R - 1st

Not the typical comfortable drive to victory as I've been enjoying so far this season as @Adel Elsayed made his stamp of authority showing his abilities in the merc. Was expecting him to challenge me as he was rapid in the feature, so once he ended up behind me I had to stay focused and find the tenacity in my driving, was able to increase the pace and respond when he was gaining on me initially, which led to him making mistakes eventually as he struggled to gain much more. At that point I just felt better and better and was able to open the gap from 4secs to about 11 secs in the end. The 2nd half of the championship is alive and we have a fight on our hands.
When did I spin you? Don't remember anything like that...

Gentlemen, we have 3 open slots if you have any friends interested in running in a league I would like to fill at least 2 of those slots.

Once you run your first race in the first half of the season you are eligible for the 10 point league loyalty bonus for making every race afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back