Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Hey teddy, please add my psn "NicNic0lic" when ever you're online will catch some practice with you and finalize sign up. Where are you from? Do you use wheel or pad? What car is your preference? Only Available car however right now would be the Ruf gt3. Cheers

Hi Dominic, sorry for my late reply.
I will add you today on PSN, im from Denmark, I use a Thrustmaster t150, just bought it, had an old Momo wheel before. I like the GT4 series, but also I like to drive the AudiR8 in GT3.
I like clean and fair driving. Favorite track SPA and Brands Hatch.

IM new in this forum, where can I sign up for races.. And will there be any tonight?

Best R
Ted

Haven't had a chance to watch your video yet @Robert Waddell but sounds like you had a good race :thumbsup:

Glad to see that you managed to get the video uploaded too. Guess it shows that your other video is dodgy and YouTube just can't process it.

How many got discoed last night? Thought those days were past :thumbsdown:

I know one at least. HaveBlue I believe. We were having connection issues all night. Had to reconnect twice and qualify twice, but it was fine with me...more track time. lol. Seemed pretty stable in the race, but Blue was discoed twice I believe. Bad luck, because he was going to catch my ass for sure.

That shows a massive difference to your US figures. Ping increased 8x and download over 5x. It may have just been a bad evening in respect of your connection on Sunday though so I wouldn't worry too much about it or the need to find an alternate capture method. Like you say there are no other options without spending money on a capture device like I had for my 360 but i'm happy enough with Twitch and don't consider the outlay of over £100 to be worth it any longer.

I don't tend to have problems whoever is hosting and so rather than risk you having issues in the future we might as well stick to you hosting for the F1 too.

I think you were right about the F1 recording. Have recorded dozens from Europe though, so I don't think it's connection, but the fact I was splashing around in the menu a great deal. Too bad...it's pretty cool to watch. It was for me! :thumbsup:

Anything under 100 from the U.S. East Coast to London is not bad. lol. When I'm better than 92% of the U.S. locally and rate at a "B" to London, I don't think it's the connection. Live was acting up all last week, but usually I can get by that. The game looked great too. My theory is that because I was jumping around with cameras and other buttons, it didn't like that, but who knows. I don't think I've ever been discoed since I have been wired, though. I'd like to see everyone's speed test for kicks. That way, we know where our alternates are and who needs to connect first. And they vary from server to server. You packet loss is very important too. Ping can vary, though. For instance. Also to London:
5212428429.png

Re: PING: "For example with 1000ms ping you effectively have 1second worth of lag. So keeping ping below 100 means your effectively attempting to keep updates between your PC and the server / other pcs within 1/10th of a second worth of lag. Lower is better but don't expect to get below 30s often unless your within one or 2 nodes of the server."

I'm generally around the 10 mark for ping over here. Wirelessly I am always around the 40mb download, 15-20mb upload. Nothing other than my Xbox is hard wired.

It's strange how you guys over there seem to get so many Live problems. I rarely get that over here.

Would have loved to have stuck around, but the FFB thing worried me that it was going to cause undo wear on my wheel. I've run qually sessions with it, but a 20 lap race probably not good. The Rain Tires didn't help, LoL, I looked at my pit strategy and I can't see where I have Rain tires selected anywhere.
Congrats to Toast. Perhaps we need to try a Public room next time if it helps with the disconnects. Good Run, @Robert Waddell, that car and track was definitely in your wheelhouse. You will probably see similar success in the ProCar.

Would have loved to have stuck around, but the FFB thing worried me that it was going to cause undo wear on my wheel. I've run qually sessions with it, but a 20 lap race probably not good. The Rain Tires didn't help, LoL, I looked at my pit strategy and I can't see where I have Rain tires selected anywhere.
Congrats to Toast. Perhaps we need to try a Public room next time if it helps with the disconnects. Good Run, @Robert Waddell, that car and track was definitely in your wheelhouse. You will probably see similar success in the ProCar.
What FFB thing was that Mike? The ol' cobblestones effect in the corners or something new?

Yep, I've coped with it before but it was really bad in some corners nearly jerking the wheel out of my hands. Feels like too much Caster and chattering wheels.
Yeah i'm the same with that and wouldn't race unless I could get rid of it as it just feels like it's bad for the wheel. I had it a couple of times at the Bannochbrae Lotus 40 race. Then Nic got it. We had to restart the race several times before we all got going with correct FFB.

Sorry, I wish I had email notifications for replies! I thought the races were on thursdays so I haven't checked back till now. RUF GT3 is fine, I am in the UK and I have use a wheel (T500RS)

Thanks
Hey @Greg Bridger & @TeddyDK007 , no worries guys. the TNGTC GT3-AM's run on Tuesday's while the GT3-PRO's run on thursdays. You will both be a part of the AM's. You will be signed up using the Ruf gt3 & the Audi Gt3 Please pick a livery\number. Cheers

You were coming on strong Michael. I'm sure you would have been up there. But for the grace of God.... That wheel issue has bitten me so many times in practice, but I can either go back to garage or unplug the USB to make it better, but not in a race. I'm lucky in that the IndyCar series is rolling in reality. And, quite frankly, so is the PWC this year. Shame...as a fan. But they do help with wheel issues, and you had a good point. I would not mind doing what you do in this series and taking a pace lap. That way, we can line up and go from a time stamp, like they do in this series *and* check wheels. Seems to be happening more often. It's like a chatter or skip every time the FFB kicks in. :thumbsdown:

I'm ready to race same car any day mate! Can't wait to get back in my Merc and have a proper, equal race with you

Ahh! Now it all makes sense! You and Gaz will choose cars that your top rivals will be using.. How can you lose like this! You have the weapon that out of control will use and u also have the weapon that ADOM will use.... Nice move Gwah boys... Pretty slick... BRING IT!!!! #TNGTCNER (NER-No Excuses Racing) lolol

Hey Mike, do you know if you were the first to leave? I'm trying to work out the points but didn't fully catch who left in what order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back